Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GramCracker posted:

Mods, we need heavy unibrow italian ferrari dude back asap

ducati

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
my future kid told me that ferrari wins the next 23426 titles and that this thread...is good?!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It real tragic that the only country to survive climate change will be Italy.

I guess good for them that they keep running F1 I suppose. Gotta maintain that sense of normalcy

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rebus posted:

It would also involve you having to deal directly with me when I don't know what I'm doing

Problem solved. :cheeky:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I am emailing to cancel my order for the Leica camera.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

MustardFacial posted:

Problem solved. :cheeky:

I've always had a feeling they were doing something like this already :smith:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

net work error posted:

Our WDC Sir Lewis with an honest and human interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OOrUr0onoc

Max could never be so open and honest. He'd probably make some cringe Reddit type joke to avoid being open.

https://i.imgur.com/fPcyUnq.mp4

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Jesus Christ, tell me you’re a number two driver without telling me you're a number two driver. Shameful.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 15, 2021

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This really was a bad move by Valterri. You know it's going to be scissor by round 3 of that.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

For all the jokes we make Lewis and Big Valt do seem to get along.

But yeah never go paper after 2x rock.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is there nothing Valtteri won't come in second at?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is there nothing Valtteri won't come in second at?

WDC.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

So what the gently caress exactly is the point of this 'new' format other than making things confusing

FP2 is after quali?

Sprint is with a reverse grid?

will they all just run mediums in the sprint with 0 pit stops?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

*cries in gmt-5*

at least that's 1pm here so i shouldn't have any meetings

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
:drat:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

SocksAndSandals posted:

So what the gently caress exactly is the point of this 'new' format other than making things confusing

FP2 is after quali?

Sprint is with a reverse grid?

will they all just run mediums in the sprint with 0 pit stops?
Wait so we're gonna have a Haas front row for the sprint? Lmao

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

*cries in gmt-5*

Finally, an F1 event I don't have to stay up past midnight for.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

shyduck posted:

Wait so we're gonna have a Haas front row for the sprint? Lmao

No, the quali order on Friday is the sprint starting order.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Charles and my Scud boys have already revealed the wind tunnel scale prototype for next year's car, they must be pretty confident if they're willing to show it off already.

#ForzaFerrari #TheyOwn #BIGChukc

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Quali is on Friday, then there's a practice session, then the race is 400km instead of 300km, starting on Saturday with the first 100km, it gets stopped so literally 6 points can be handed out, then it starts again on Sunday for the final 300km.

Simple

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Zedd posted:

For all the jokes we make Lewis and Big Valt do seem to get along.
Lewis gets along with Big Valt because he knows by now he's a wet paper bag who is no serious threat to Lewis. Big Valt gets along with Lewis because he knows he's a a wet paper who is in no position to be a diva.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ric to Williams, Bottas and Russell to McLaren, Norris to Merc would be a funny one because nobody would be happy

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

Quali is on Friday, then there's a practice session, then the race is 400km instead of 300km, starting on Saturday with the first 100km, it gets stopped so literally 6 points can be handed out, then it starts again on Sunday for the final 300km.

Simple

Well, when you say it like that!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

*cries in gmt-5*

*sobs in gmt+9*

Friday quali and the Saturday sprint race both starting after midnight, ugh. gonna be a rough one.

not this year at least!

GramCracker posted:

Mods, we need heavy unibrow italian ferrari dude back asap

but Petrucci went to KTM?

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
It would be pretty hilarious for a DNF to occur in the sprint race with a racer trying to gain one (1) grid spot (and possibly one point) for the actual race and losing 10+ grid spots in the process.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Griefor posted:

It would be pretty hilarious for a DNF to occur in the sprint race with a racer trying to gain one (1) grid spot (and possibly one point) for the actual race and losing 10+ grid spots in the process.

yeah it would be funny if they scrap sprint races for the rest of eternity because max went for the wall and blew his shot at WDC

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the REAL point of hilarity to watch for with the Q1/Q2/Q3 on Friday is if the soft tire isn't optimum because that's what is mandated for those sessions.

but yes somebody flying off into the gravel after running out of skill and dropping from the top 10 to the back of the grid is what we all hope for, but probably won't happen. I'm also worried that 100 km (1/3 of a normal race length) is too long to be the exact sort of sprint they want, but hey. this is better than unilaterally bringing in the worst qualifying format known to man without any test of the format:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjn69vaZ42E

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Griefor posted:

I want mazepin to take out Hamilton or max in the sprint race for maximum lols

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

harperdc posted:

the REAL point of hilarity to watch for with the Q1/Q2/Q3 on Friday is if the soft tire isn't optimum because that's what is mandated for those sessions.

The compounds this weekends are the three hardest compounds though, so the reds are really the middle option out of the full 5.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Griefor posted:

This is the main problem, especially further down who's down risk anything?

ilmucche posted:

I want mazepin to take out Hamilton or max in the sprint race for maximum lols

Even Marzipan is gonna struggle to get lapped in a third of a race.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
I am sometimes busy on Sundays; I was free for Monaco and then Steiermark(?), but unfortunately missed the French GP and Baku.

I am free this weekend, therefore Silverstone is going to be boring.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Diorama posted:

I am sometimes busy on Sundays; I was free for Monaco and then Steiermark(?), but unfortunately missed the French GP and Baku.

I am free this weekend, therefore Silverstone is going to be boring.

Yes but there will be an extra 30 minutes of boredom, this is what the fans want

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
But lightsoutandawaywego is usually the loudest part of the race, and therefore the most exciting. Now we get to do that at least one more time than normal.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Big Jesus posted:

But lightsoutandawaywego is usually the loudest part of the race, and therefore the most exciting. Now we get to do that at least one more time than normal.

Tell me you don’t haven’t listened to Yuki’s radio without telling me you haven’t listened to Yuki’s radio.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Ric to Williams, Bottas and Russell to McLaren, Norris to Merc would be a funny one because nobody would be happy

I would be

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Phwoar

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Zak Brown got covid

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lewis: out here fighting for what is right. Fighting for justice. Fighting for a better world for everyone.

Red Bull:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

shyduck posted:

Zak Brown got covid

No close contact with the drivers.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRJqSf1nOdw/
https://racer.com/2021/07/15/mclarens-brown-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008