Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Shneak posted:

I was hoping for a challenge more like herstory of the world and not RuPaul songs with vocal impersonations. Neither Yara nor A'keria should've been in the bottom. It honestly should've been Ginger and Eureka.

Yeah, the bad adaptation's of Ru's songs really threw off every performance, at least for me. The only songs that really meshed well were Jan's and TKBs which IMO allowed them to really shine. I just watched a video of YS doing an actual Shakira song and it was leagues over what she did on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Shneak posted:

I was hoping for a challenge more like herstory of the world and not RuPaul songs with vocal impersonations. Neither Yara nor A'keria should've been in the bottom. It honestly should've been Ginger and Eureka.

I would have swapped Ginger for A'keria. As for ~Yara~ there were a few things that justified her bottom placement. I think her runway was a little off-topic. Frills ≠ Fringe. It was still an amazing look, but yeah. That and her attitude during rehearsals.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
uh, did the people ever actually heard of a katy perry song

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Apparently Yara misinterpreted frills as fringe and wasn't corrected until too late so she had to throw something together in a couple days.

Also looking back on it TKB should have won based on performance. She literally embodied Beyonce down to the mannerisms. Jan did pretty good but in this house we are huge Gaga fans and we immediately noticed that she was hitting her choreo too smoothly because she's a trained dancer while Gaga hits her choreo very hard and stiffly on purpose. It was a good imitation but not as good as TKB's was of Beyonce which was honestly kinda ridiculous. But you know, Production wants that redemption story.

I just assume that Jan just laid down and died for the lipsync cause she was too tired.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I thought that TKB had the best performance but I loooved Jan's runway.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

uh, did the people ever actually heard of a katy perry song

was this the Sissy That Walk "adaptation"? it was bad news. like left shark wrote it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Thinking about this thread's glowing impression of Laganja while she has an online meltdown because Dua Lipa won't DM her back

I guess people don't change lol

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Oh that was a "This is my moment" moment. I know it seems like it would a nice gesture, but ultimately Dual Lips isn't obligated to throw her a bone on social media. I think it's kind of lovely that Laganja got her followers turned up with "your fans and I are waiting." Ugh. Really? Everyone lost their poo poo for that lip sync but it wasn't enough.

Side note, I love Future Nostalgia.

The Katy Perry rumix was a bit jarring compared to the others. I am guessing it was supposed to be California Girls? I think Sissy that Walk was just wrong. It seems like You Wear it Well would have been the better choice? Kitty Girl would have made sense? Regardless, Scarlet loving killed it with what she had to work with (and she did get props from Katy lol).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
like the most iconic katy songs are either a bunch of innuendos stringed along a melody or inspiration ballads, so why did we get a kids song

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
because beachball tiddies and shark furries.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

pupi poissone in half drag talking about how their parents didnt love them

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
For all stars, I really wish the performances had been longer. It's an hour long episode and they gave us like ten minutes of performance. I found it difficult to judge the queens separately from how good the song was that they got and it was over too fast. Trinity performed the best, I thought.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I agree completely; it was over far too quickly, especially compared to the Rusicals which seem to last for many horror-stricken hours.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I'm gonna need a comp of Scarlet Envy's shark costume in the workroom. The crossed fins had us dying.

....And someone made one! Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-gUJO_uROM

https://twitter.com/ragnooll/status/1413157951670525953

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Monique Heart guested on The Pit Stop this week, and she's great. But... there's a moment of peak Monique-ness that killed me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFVpFS6zZ70

Don't check the comments, just watch. You'll know when it happens. :allears:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
God, I love Monique so much. Definitely in my top 3 Rugirls. She needs a show.

There were about 8 Monique-moments in that video, but I'm guessing you're referring to directing production to add the Jaws music. Great. Cut.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

gandlethorpe posted:

God, I love Monique so much. Definitely in my top 3 Rugirls. She needs a show.

There were about 8 Monique-moments in that video, but I'm guessing you're referring to directing production to add the Jaws music. Great. Cut.

That was great, but it was Cheryl Canning that killed me.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

That was great, but it was Cheryl Canning that killed me.

I was dying!

Also, I stole this from Reddit:

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Have any of the eliminated queens said what performers they had chosen?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Demon_Corsair posted:

Have any of the eliminated queens said what performers they had chosen?

i remember reading that serena cha cha was gonna do J-Lo but can't find a good source

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Jiggly was gonna do Janet. Silky might've been Missy Elliot, I think.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Pupis rugby player keeping a straight face while she tells him a touching story about feeling like hiding her drag from lovers with a face full of dogshit mini challenge makeup was loving incredible

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Praying to the universe that a queen has adopted the name Cheryl Canning and that one queen becomes a star.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Well. A shame to see Scarlet go. It was interesting to see a podcast challenge. She just seemed to be having a ball this season and she seemed genuinely crushed.

Also that first lip synch assassin. A great fake-out. The second one, Meh-hem Filler… why do they keep asking her back? Does she live 5 minutes away? And that song choice was a bizarre one.

They also need to stop the game within a game thing at this point.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oops, I shouldn't have hovered over that. I thought this aired at night? Its out already?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It truely feels blessed to get mainline drag race before the Americans. A dizzying feeling of pure exhilaration and power.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Vintersorg posted:

Oops, I shouldn't have hovered over that. I thought this aired at night? Its out already?

Not sure of the US release but on Stan in Australia it’s generally out by 19:00AEST. So… did we finally get something first???

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Andrew_1985 posted:

The second one, Meh-hem Filler… why do they keep asking her back? Does she live 5 minutes away?

Episode 5 lipsync assassin spoiler: Well, considering Mayhem is a WeHo queen, yeah, probably.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
This season probably has the most interesting voting of the all stars we’ve had so far.

Also, a unique winner every episode so far is very cool.

EDIT: I love this episode’s lipsync song.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 15, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Vintersorg posted:

The episodes are released at 3 am Eastern, so it's definitely something to beware.

This season continues to be great.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Seeing the audience warming up to Eureka this season is really making me happy.

Yes, she's very loud and kinda dumb. Yes, she's said some ignorant things in the past ("I can't be racist, because I wish I was black"). Yes, she behaved pretty poorly during Eureka v Vixen. Yes, maybe it's just because I'm from the South (specifically northern AL, near Tennessee) and have some bias towards Southern queens. But dammit, I've always found her charming, thought most of her looks are great, and felt like her heart seems like it's in the right place 90% of the time.

She's lovely in We're Here (on HBO)!

Also I want Yara and Eureka on every single season, if only to hear them holler on the sidelines during lipsyncs.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 15, 2021

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m getting a bit miffed by Jan. She’s thinking way too hard about others and her inability to own the decision she made to pick A’keria was tiring. “I thought we were going by track record” made me roll my eyes.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ru's "your vulnerability made me uncomfortable"

get hosed.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

the escape goat posted:

Ru's "your vulnerability made me uncomfortable"

get hosed.

Also people trying to come for Kylie Sonique for referring to her pet ownership as motherhood. "SO CRINGE!!" How dare she not have a bad relationship with her mom (or at least one that she feels like sharing), or not be interested in having children, or not have a meltdown about how she can't carry children of her own?!

YOU BETTER MANUFACTURE SOME PERSONAL TRAUMA, DAMMIT!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I can picture the producers high-fiving each other. WE MADE JAN CRY YES!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ginger's runway this episode was the cutest she's ever looked. giving me enormous Villager from Animal Crossing life and i adored it

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I was thinking that too! Like she was some whimsical YA fantasy character or something from a video game.

The lip sync this week was really cute, it worked for both the winner and LSA.

edit: I really think Eureka should have won. 🤷‍♀️

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 16, 2021

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Getting a bit personal here but Eureka talking about chubby chasers really spoke to me as a fat woman. I have had some truly dehumanising dating experiences with dating due to bodysize, especially when I primarily dated men. I've lost a signifcant amount of weight since then but gently caress, dating a dude who fetishizes your body does things to how you think about yourself and your romantic/sexual relationships. Same with Ginger ans Rajah. Rajah talking about how she was worried about what her mom will think and the whole "what goes on in the home, stays in the home" really resonated because it's very close to my relationship with my mom.

Overall I really enjoyed this episode! It really also reminded me of how much I like Ginger over all, her runway choices excepted. Also Jan's anxiety over her choices was a bit painfull to watch. Plus I want Aisha Tyler's mask so bad.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
When Bianca came out, I thought, oh, they're really stretching the meaning of lip sync assassin and really trying to give it to Ginger. Then when Mayhem came out, I thought, oh, they're really stretching the meaning of lip sync assassin and really trying to give it to Ginger. But then Ginger did a legit great lip sync, and it didn't matter that they were trying to throw it her way anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man that lipsync was LEGIT! I was cracking up, it was hysterical and well-timed to the beat. I've seen it about three times already and it doesn't get old.