Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

smallmouth posted:

What about magnetic makes it good for the nukor?

Well specifically it's because magnetic and radiation are the only two combined elements available to kuva weapons, and the Nukor already has radiation intrinsically.
Because it's a combined element, you can mod a combined + single element on the nukor for something like rad (intrinisically) + viral + heat (from mods) + magnetic (from kuva bonus). If you had a single-element kuva nukor, its bonus element would just combine with the heat mod there and you'd only end up with 3 total elements instead of 4.

If any of blast/corrosive/gas/viral were available for kuva weapons they would be just as good if not better than magnetic.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jul 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What is the best option for a kuva nukor for killing the highest level enemies? Heat, Magnetic or Impact with hemorrhage?

And are both primed crit mods better then going for galvanized sure shot?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 15, 2021

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
mag nukor with hornet/galv shot/galv diffusion/p crit/p crit/dual tox/dual cold/p heat.

The only things that I've seen get work from hemorrhage is the epitaph and veykor marelock

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mailer posted:

Jesus christ that page. Like I know the running gag about how DE game design is just making things not work here because shut up they don't, but at least invulnerability phases are obvious and damage weaknesses/immunities are in-game information. I thought the punished-for-modding thing was limited to necramechs. :gonk:

it's a consequence of trying to rein in player damage range, which is a good and even necessary idea in a vacuum, but they want to do it without ever letting the player know they're doing it because that would be taking their toys away. the result ironically gives players way less agency and worse gameplay than doing this by changing mods would, because unlike armor or resistances or any of that, nothing the player can do interacts with this system

well, except that for some of them (but only some!) crits aren't figured in, so you can actually get ahead by using the weapon that gets the greatest proportion of its total damage from crits. which is a comparison you'd never normally have a reason to make and means comparing a bunch of relatively obscure numbers but it is at least something you could determine by looking at a weapon's in-game stats

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 15, 2021

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
A Toxin K.Nukor just stacking toxin higher and higher is also good against unarmoured Corpus. But that's a little niche (unless you are Nyx or similar.)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It reminds me of another futuristic spaceman shooter by the name of Anthem where the starting rifle was the strongest weapon in the game because of weird damage scaling voodoo.

Turned out ok for that game I heard.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Also not extra good against Parvos' Treasurers, the coin guys, because

"Treasurers have a unique shield that possesses 99% innate Damage Reduction, as well as being impenetrable by methods that would normally bypass shields (such as Toxin damage), making them very resilient to most weapons and abilities. Unlike most shields, their shields will not recharge after being damaged. Toxin procs have no effect (dealing 0 damage) while their shields are up.

Their health has an innate 98% damage reduction, despite having no armor.

Damage reduction is tied to movement speed; Decreasing their movement speed will increase ther damage reduction and vice versa."

Which is, as you point out, niche.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
If your favorite weapon isn't performing like it used to, here's maybe why: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1271197-numerous-melee-weapon-classes-recieved-undocumented-follow-through-nerfs/

Plus Saka saying nerfs will be reverted

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I played with Saska this past weekend. There were bugs every run before and as soon as he joined, the bugs stopped.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Honestly the game is a hilarious mess and there's so many disparate systems it'd be impossible to completely "balance." I'm really glad they buffed guns they way they did--I think the new mods and arcanes are the bees knees.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It doesn't seem like balance is even a major goal for them, and that's totally cool as long as there are lots of fun ways to play without noticeably hobbling yourself. I want to be able to play everything with my own style, and that works most of the time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I personally don't give much mind to the overall balance of things because I play mostly with gimmick weapons like Proboscis Cernos and Ferrox.

Is there any weapon like Acrid but that also spreads damage after the initial hit? I'd love to go full plague dog.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm a little salty that I invested in a stug riven and forma then the kompressor comes out and does it better

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
DE's balancing is mostly in the form of "were monitoring usage stat and then the graph looks like .......|............. with 1 item having like 70% use then we probably should do something".

also there's the "nerfs" that are actually fixes of bugs that felt like features :smith:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

RoadCrewWorker posted:

DE's balancing is mostly in the form of "were monitoring usage stat and then the graph looks like .......|............. with 1 item having like 70% use then we probably should do something".

they will never solve this, the 70% bar will just move to the next best weapon

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Love when RJ bugs out so much I'm floating around but not in AW but also spamming AW melee.

I'm also obsessed with out well the syndana and ephemera match up

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

That Tenet Envoy is an absolute riot. Think I'll push this baby to the whole 5 forma goodness, to enjoy it before it gets nerfed.

No idea what it's like in Steel Path, as I only very very occasionally dip my toes into that, but in anything else, what a ride!

I'm running one with galvanized chamber and a rank-1 Merciless in Steel Path, and it feels really good. It one-hits trash mobs, will take like, 30-40% off even high-level Grineer mobs, and semi-reliably puts procs on enemies to boot. Incredible weapon, 10/10.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'm happy the Envoy exists since it might safe my Ogris from the Eye of Sauron landing on it.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tylana posted:

A Toxin K.Nukor just stacking toxin higher and higher is also good against unarmoured Corpus. But that's a little niche (unless you are Nyx or similar.)

It sure is.

But then you don't get Viral.

Viral+Magnetic+Radiation+Heat on Nukor is REAL GOOD for clearing rooms.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

MJ12 posted:

I'm running one with galvanized chamber and a rank-1 Merciless in Steel Path, and it feels really good. It one-hits trash mobs, will take like, 30-40% off even high-level Grineer mobs, and semi-reliably puts procs on enemies to boot. Incredible weapon, 10/10.

Yeah, I'm on the 4th forma right now and took it out on SP a few times while leveling it and it's working just fine with galvanised multishot and arcane. This is 100% going to get nerfed, lol.

Got sort of blessed by RNGesus tonight. Decided to go magnetic for the Tenet Arca Plasmor, as high shields are annoying and it's my goto gun in Index where shield numbers are downright obnoxious. Did one granum void with Mesa and hey, Tenet Arca Plasmor first try. Only 25% and no ephemera, but still... There's always valence fusion to pump up that score if need be later.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Is...is enjoyment of Yareli going to be dependent on how much I enjoy K-Driving? 'Cuz finishing even just two of these graphica pages made me want to uninstall. :buddy:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

BrianWilly posted:

Is...is enjoyment of Yareli going to be dependent on how much I enjoy K-Driving? 'Cuz finishing even just two of these graphica pages made me want to uninstall. :buddy:

How much you enjoy k-driving in small enclosed spaces yes

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Not really. The kdrive feels a little different in mission than ones out in the open areas, at least to me. But even if you don't use it her 1 has some moderate CC, her aqua blades are an okay melee supplement, and her 4 is target-able and does pretty okay damage if you can hit a large group with it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
lol I've got a rank 4 sister with a plasmor that's one shotting me through iron skin. I hope I can grief some poor pubbies with this rear end in a top hat :getin:

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

hazardousmouse posted:

lol I've got a rank 4 sister with a plasmor that's one shotting me through iron skin. I hope I can grief some poor pubbies with this rear end in a top hat :getin:

Activate iron skin right before she shoots you.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Sister fights are jank as hell as usual I guess. Whole lotta "and suddenly, youre dead from full health" with no warning or animation or anything. What the hell happened to shield gating here?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've been having extremely little trouble as Nyx.

hazardousmouse posted:

Radiation is perfect for that and I still love it.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
I had the fun experience of my Sister showing up during a Defence mission and taking out the objective in about 2 seconds after spawning in.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
The easiest time so far doing Sister hunts is with Hildren, using a Mutalist Cernos built for magnetic gas spam. She doesn't chew through them, but she feels safe as houses while doing respectable damage, even on the Sister I had that got reeeeeeally tanky powers.

The biggest threat was my game potentially crashing from the huge amount of particle effects.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 16, 2021

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Oh it seems the requiem speedup process wasn't applied to kuva liches and if it was, it is nowhere near the same speed as sister requiems.
Cool.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think the major difference is that Sisters are way more likely to spawn than Liches are, so you get lot more murmurs from stabs.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Sisters use a supremely hosed up damage scaling mechanic based on your weapon's calculated DPS, to the point where a lovely weapon with half its mod slots empty may end up killing them faster than a minmaxed endgame weapon.
However the details on how it works are pretty vague and it's hard to test which loadouts are good or bad since nothing in the simulacrum uses the same damage scaling.

Liches do too

the answer is "summon necramech, hit 4"

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

BMan posted:

they will never solve this, the 70% bar will just move to the next best weapon

Well sure but you've got plenty of time until someone on youtube makes a video about that weapon and you have to change it all again!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I used Nyx for Sister hunting. Her 2 strips both the sisters and the hounds of all their shields and armor in one cast (assuming you've modded it for that). It doesn't completely negate their innate DR, but it absolutely helps them die faster. Plus, you're totally immune to all of their bullshit the entire time. The only thing you need to worry about is a sneaky nullifier.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Its that time again. More Unreal skins https://www.warframe.com/news/unreal-tournament-weapon-bundle-relaunch
PC: Login the Epic Game Store version of warframe
Console: Alerts next week for the skins

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

endlessmonotony posted:

The download skip isn't much.

Install WF from EGS. Go through the install process until you get to the 20gb+ chunk. Close Epic WF. Copy over Cache.Windows from Steam install to Epic install. Launch through Epic again. Hit Verify Cache in launcher settings.

You can also symlink if you know your nerd poo poo.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Love when RJ bugs out so much I'm floating around but not in AW but also spamming AW melee.

I'm also obsessed with out well the syndana and ephemera match up

What syndana is that?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zereth posted:

What syndana is that?

Not sure on the name but it's in the shop for real money, not play. 6 bux I think.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Zereth posted:

What syndana is that?

Raiji. It spins around too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mercury_Storm posted:

Sister fights are jank as hell as usual I guess. Whole lotta "and suddenly, youre dead from full health" with no warning or animation or anything. What the hell happened to shield gating here?

I found a new type of jank last night. I knew the first word, and had a random second one.

Sister goes down -> stab. My first two words appear for some reason, with the second one incorrect. "Sister, you have been promoted" in the background, but she's still there of course. She's taken down for the second time, I stab again, and same thing: two words, second one incorrect, promotion. She disappears as she should though, this time.

Net result? She went from rank 2 to rank 4 in a single mission.