Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

qnqnx posted:

To be honest, I am not too optimistic on the availability of flask modifying orbs.

Chris explicitly stated it'll be as easy as getting your flasks to 20q.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
And they drop from the general currency pool, they're not linked to the league mechanic.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

McFrugal posted:

I really hope so, then.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm also in the boat of ascendany easy access to ailment immunites is also super nerfed.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Whatever did do to rebalance flasks will lead to some cryptic situation that makes wormblaster meta

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Early prediction; "as easy as hitting 20% quality with glassblower orbs" will actually mean "as easy as hitting 30% quality with a perfect fossil"

Also: yay more random inventory clutter currencies that could of just been a crafting bench option for glassblower orbs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There has def been an edict from above for “no more deterministic crafts”

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Tenzarin posted:

I'm also in the boat of ascendany easy access to ailment immunites is also super nerfed.

Maybe like "while standing on consecrated ground, effects of elemental ailments on you are reduced by 80%" kind of thing?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I also wouldn't be surprised if cannot be chilled or frozen metacrafted boots also took a hit.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

euphronius posted:

There has def been an edict from above for “no more deterministic crafts”

They might truly believe that deterministic crafting makes the game less fun, but it sure seems a lot like 'make playing gambling simulator the optimal way to play PoE because that appeals to the sort of players who will engage in gambling on loot boxes.'

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Idk I mean they are just saying use a couple C of orbs on it . While they could do the same thing through a bench craft, at least they are sticking true to the ethos

It also has SSF ramifications I suppose

I know I defend them I’m sorry :( I don’t like everything about the game at all . Sirus is a total disgrace to the genre and game.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I still like that, in their reveal for this update, they go, "We need to return some of the challenge to the game as it is fondly remembered for. Now, Hillock, Kuduku, and Brutus will kill your character in one hit,"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

McFrugal posted:

That's surprisingly optimistic. I wonder what it'll be tethered to, or if it will be introduced to the universal drop pool?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

cyrn posted:

They might truly believe that deterministic crafting makes the game less fun, but it sure seems a lot like 'make playing gambling simulator the optimal way to play PoE because that appeals to the sort of players who will engage in gambling on loot boxes.'

They put gambling into MY ARPG???

Victory Position posted:

That's surprisingly optimistic. I wonder what it'll be tethered to, or if it will be introduced to the universal drop pool?

Universal pool, they mentioned it on stream

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Tenkaris posted:

Got my exilecon bag today, got a plush rhoa and two shirts, the untainted paradise shirt is pretty sweet not gonna lie

officially bummed I didn’t get an exalt foam stress ball, wonder how much they run on eBay lol

Didn’t find any listings but plenty of people selling RMT exalts lol, but did find Reddit posts from people saying the stress ball isn’t that great, so maybe I will learn to love my rhoa

I got three shirts (Lunaris/Solaris, Shaper and Vaal Orb) and the plush rhoa as well. No exalts is perfectly in line with how Ultimatum for me, so not surprised there.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I really don't see cyclone not being the best melee skill.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Arzachel posted:

They put gambling into MY ARPG???

Lol yeah non-deterministic itemization is for sure a cryptic scheme to rack up money on loot boxes and not a longstanding tenet of the game and the genre in general since their respective beginnings, long before loot boxes existed. There's a decent correlation between these wacky claims and complaints that nerfs are insurmountable and about to ruin the game. See also the "essence drain is the most op skill that must be nerfed" from a page or so back. It's almost as though both of these things stem from the same source, like a limited grasp on the game's mechanics.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

search engine posted:

Lol yeah non-deterministic itemization is for sure a cryptic scheme to rack up money on loot boxes and not a longstanding tenet of the game and the genre in general since their respective beginnings, long before loot boxes existed. There's a decent correlation between these wacky claims and complaints that nerfs are insurmountable and about to ruin the game. See also the "essence drain is the most op skill that must be nerfed" from a page or so back. It's almost as though both of these things stem from the same source, like a limited grasp on the game's mechanics.

Just woke up and chose violence

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Whatever did do to rebalance flasks will lead to some cryptic situation that makes wormblaster meta

Spam worms for your reaper to nom on

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
What types of builds would work well together for a 2 person party in maps? My friend really wants to get to endgame for the first time this league (lmao bad times ahead) and Im planning to play something tanky to take hits and attention while he uses a bow/totems/manual casts.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Cretin90 posted:

What types of builds would work well together for a 2 person party in maps? My friend really wants to get to endgame for the first time this league (lmao bad times ahead) and Im planning to play something tanky to take hits and attention while he uses a bow/totems/manual casts.

The most min/maxy would be a aura or curse stacking character to quadruple your buddies power levels when he is near you.

Doesn't have to be a pure buffbot, can just stack as much as you can while still doing damage yourself.

Occultist/Guardian/Scion have some of the more team-friendly passives available too.

If you don't feel like going that far you can just try and synergize your curses and auras to benefit the same damage type and not do something like weakening your friends damage with EE.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 17, 2021

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Cretin90 posted:

the best experience I've had doing this (2 person party without a dedicated aura/buff character) has been minion instability SRS plus chieftain fire conversion cyclone. if you're going to play 2 person party without buff/debuff stacking you ideally want to both align on 1 curse, in this case probably flammability, and it's ideal if one of the characters can use an elemental equilibrium setup that the other one can benefit from, SRS and fire conversion cyclone are great for this but you can probably think up some other combos

for endgame-ish content though you still want to either run the content solo and separately, or you want to have one of the characters tag the boss solo before the other one zones in

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

search engine posted:

Pretty sure they're gonna nerf essence of hysteria though

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

dyzzy posted:

Pretty sure they're gonna nerf essence of hysteria though

fireburst killed the feared in 1 minute so yeah of course it will/should.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I honestly can't tell if that's sarcasm bc one minute sounds like an eternity. The speed meta has infected my brain

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
Wasn't there supposed to be some cool reveal today? Did their cute little emoji eyes on the calendar for today just mean literally nothing?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

dyzzy posted:

I honestly can't tell if that's sarcasm bc one minute sounds like an eternity. The speed meta has infected my brain

One minute is extremely fast for a build that requires almost zero button presses and is designed for maximum clear speed not single target.

Fireburst does more damage than Armageddon Brand ignites while being even easier to play.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

InventorOfTrees posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be some cool reveal today? Did their cute little emoji eyes on the calendar for today just mean literally nothing?

Those eyes could be for the returning game mode that is available this weekend? I do not think they said for sure.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

So this dude ranked #289 saw fit to rope me by stalling every move for as long as possible, for over an HOUR AND A HALF.

Finally, he attacks and his timer and the attack freeze in place and he chucks his first emote of the game at me, "Oops". Now we're been stuck like this for another half hour.

I'm curious if that was just an accident caused from him being so pathetic, or if he actually induced some exploit, because I've seen things like that before (I remember rapidly tapping mana and undoing could crash a server for a few days).

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

So this dude ranked #289 saw fit to rope me by stalling every move for as long as possible, for over an HOUR AND A HALF.

Finally, he attacks and his timer and the attack freeze in place and he chucks his first emote of the game at me, "Oops". Now we're been stuck like this for another half hour.

I'm curious if that was just an accident caused from him being so pathetic, or if he actually induced some exploit, because I've seen things like that before (I remember rapidly tapping mana and undoing could crash a server for a few days).

Man this new league looks weird.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I know GGG wants to slow gameplay down, but I wasn't expecting PoE to turn into a literal TCG

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Trade you an item? gently caress you play me in Gwent for it nerd.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Ougher posted:

Trade you an item? gently caress you play me in Gwent for it nerd.

Oh no, Nessa's crab boyfriend wants to eat you. Solve this dispute by playing Texas Hold 'Em!

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Zero VGS posted:

Finally my div card purchase is paying off.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

InventorOfTrees posted:

Finally my div card purchase is paying off.

lol I was wondering where my post went... I'm pretty sure this is Chris Wilson's fault; he already monopolized all the Power 9 and now he wants my deck too

Proof Chris Wilson Krangles Magic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugtZj2lRBc

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 17, 2021

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Zero VGS posted:

lol I was wondering where my post went... I'm pretty sure this is Chris Wilson's fault; he already monopolized all the Power 9 and now he wants my deck too

Proof Chris Wilson Krangles Magic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugtZj2lRBc

This explains... so much

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Have they said what, if anything they are doing to diamond flask? The current iteration doesn't work with enkindling orbs. Combine that with the fact that its been an auto include in crit builds for years (baring some extreme endgame builds that get near crit capped), and has a very high relative damage increase for a utility flask makes me think they've reworked it somehow.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Random thought of the day is Doryani's Fists with Earthbreaker Support. Feel all the touches of the gods, exile.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Syle187 posted:

Have they said what, if anything they are doing to diamond flask? The current iteration doesn't work with enkindling orbs. Combine that with the fact that its been an auto include in crit builds for years (baring some extreme endgame builds that get near crit capped), and has a very high relative damage increase for a utility flask makes me think they've reworked it somehow.

I'd say expect changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I would assume it either consumes more charges or has a shorter duration, though it's possible they changed it to some other form of increased crit chance.