Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ESPN couldn't bail out of that quick enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

I hated it. It was fun in the beginning but bad half way through.

I didn’t like it. I hate to fall on the traditionalist side of things but the only funny part of it is taking the drivers on a piss poor version of the circuit safari.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Photex posted:

they spent a lot of money this month, they were the main sponsor of the last UFC as well.

Are we sure the checks have cleared? :v:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

literally just turn on sprinklers half way through a race if you want to shake things up gently caress this stupid bullshit

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Slotducks posted:

literally just turn on sprinklers half way through a race if you want to shake things up gently caress this stupid bullshit

Guaranteed Saturday wet mini race is a way better idea than this.

I do enjoy the awkward truck.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It all seemed very pointless.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
good job nando, top start

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ESPN2 on a Saturday morning couldn’t even keep playing that

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m assuming the truck thing went on longer than the race

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I hope the truck never stops

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

The truck lapped mazepin

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
The truck has left the circuit and is now driving towards London. A rocket rises from the circuit. Bottas jump out and hitchikes. Reaching London Lewis jumps into his Lotus Super 7 and zooms off.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
This was good and cool and I hope we see more in the future. Good lad that Are Max

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
That was fun, Idk why yall are being crybabies about it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

That was fun, Idk why yall are being crybabies about it

Cause it was like 3 minutes long

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Basically lewis just had his pole stolen by fraduluant Red Bull

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i feel like the midfield racing is interesting but man this shits going to be shut down quick if race pole just mainly comes down to who gets the best jump off the grid in the front row in the sprint and taking 1st in qualifying straight up doesnt matter

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
it might be better next year with the new cars

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Centusin posted:

it might be better next year

New thread title?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

imo this has been a fun season so far and im glad theres some wacky poo poo to give it character, like "sprint races" and "weird italian tracks" and "superspreader events that will lead to the collapse of the uk medical system"

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The Sprint race was fun, y'all are suffering from a bad case of Something Awful Cynicism™

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

abraham linksys posted:

imo this has been a fun season so far and im glad theres some wacky poo poo to give it character, like "sprint races" and "weird italian tracks" and "superspreader events that will lead to the collapse of the uk medical system"

Can't wait til our American corpos own the NHS

Gonna own

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

EngineerJoe posted:

The Sprint race was fun, y'all are suffering from a bad case of Something Awful Cynicism™

It's this fam

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

ethanol posted:

Basically lewis just had his pole stolen by fraduluant Red Bull

so it was good then?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

i feel like the midfield racing is interesting but man this shits going to be shut down quick if race pole just mainly comes down to who gets the best jump off the grid in the front row in the sprint and taking 1st in qualifying straight up doesnt matter

that's how every race works?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

yeah but now they gotta do it twice it's weird!!

I guess it will be very funny if Hamilton just passes max in turn 1 tomorrow

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Did Perez break something when he went off, or was the combination of Latifi's skill and the Williams's speed just too much for him to overcome for all those laps?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This is easily the most offensive part of the whole weekend. Bring back tobacco, it's a less disgusting and criminal enterprise than cryptocurrency

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
hamilton and mercedes eating poo poo is always good- we all loved f1 sprint races TM in this thread

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This is easily the most offensive part of the whole weekend. Bring back tobacco, it's a less disgusting and criminal enterprise than cryptocurrency

Agreed

Put Marlboro back on the wing you cowards!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'd love to see retro liveries. Big Yuki in a Leyton House car, Lando in a West or Marlboro car...

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

sprint races are dumb, it was incredibly boring and I'm assuming the people who liked it are NASCAR fans (and therefore also dumb). If verstappen had fulfilled his destiny and hit the first wall he came across in the sprint race and had to start the race at the back, I would have laughed but would still be sat here saying sprint races are dumb because I'd prefer he crash out of the race instead.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I hate max more than I ever did Schumacher

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Posters ITT: I love it when they have races on back to back weeks
Also Posters ITT: Races on back to back days? No sir, this is awful

OP: lol you guys I didn't watch the race this week

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

i think more races is probably better, and if our WDC for the next 10 years max wins them all... EVEN better

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The Big Jesus posted:

Posters ITT: I love it when they have races on back to back weeks
Also Posters ITT: Races on back to back days? No sir, this is awful

OP: lol you guys I didn't watch the race this week

It wasn't a race today, it was Sprint QualifyingTM

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

365 days of sprint races

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I didn't watch the race, I bought a cantaloupe though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I hope theyre still on the truck, slowly doing laps in front of an empty grandstand