Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Smugworth)
Do u eat eggs
gently caress off Derpies
What an eggcellent thread
Goku fusion dancing with an egg
CHICKEN CAME FIRST
View Results

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I just poo poo in the jar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also don't forget the 3lbs of BACON in each jar and to smoke each jar for 9 hours using ONLY maple wood and baste it regularly.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

When I was a young man I worked for a chef who said if he had a cook who claimed he could cook eggs, he'd ask for "french laced eggs" and if the guy could cook them, he was solid. In all my years cooking since, I'd never actually conclusively figured out what the hell "french laced eggs" were. Maybe I misheard him.
:shrug:
Happy egg morning everyone

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Smugworth posted:

When I was a young man I worked for a chef who said if he had a cook who claimed he could cook eggs, he'd ask for "french laced eggs" and if the guy could cook them, he was solid. In all my years cooking since, I'd never actually conclusively figured out what the hell "french laced eggs" were. Maybe I misheard him.

Just out of curiosity, where were you at this time, and where was the chef from?

Because I think it's a southern/hillbilly thing to call a sunny side up egg with a fried bottom a 'lace egg', but it's not "a thing" to ask for, really, and if he was asking someone to make 'burnt sunny side up eggs' as a way to prove someone knew how to cook eggs, well, congratulations 'chef'.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Smugworth posted:

Fresh laid eggs? Hard to make if you aren't a chicken.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

Just out of curiosity, where were you at this time, and where was the chef from?

Because I think it's a southern/hillbilly thing to call a sunny side up egg with a fried bottom a 'lace egg', but it's not "a thing" to ask for, really, and if he was asking someone to make 'burnt sunny side up eggs' as a way to prove someone knew how to cook eggs, well, congratulations 'chef'.

Texas. Can't remember where the chef was from, but maybe you're on to something. Can't imagine a french chef would do anything but toss such a thing at the wall, however.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I'd skip the pickling spice (yours looked to have a lot of all-spice, and all-spice and cinnamon, common in pickling spice mixes don't pair well with eggs and not with dill, either).
I tend to keep mine simple.

1:1 ratio of water to vinegar
salt
sugar
onion and or hot peppers

Then gussy it up from there depending on what I want to do. Also, from your pic, try and top off your jar entirely with brine, don't leave too much air in there, and make sure to let them sit for at least 4-7 days before trying one. Tip the bottle every day to mix stuff around in there a bit.

Gonna go with your suggestion for the follow up batch. We have a bumper crop of Hungarian wax peppers coming in too so I might throw a few in, along with a jar of just peppers.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Gonna go with your suggestion for the follow up batch. We have a bumper crop of Hungarian wax peppers coming in too so I might throw a few in, along with a jar of just peppers.

I've made this recipe a few times and its solid.
https://www.101cookbooks.com/pickled-turmeric-eggs/

Smugworth posted:

Maybe he meant spanish style fried eggs? They've got the cripsy lacey edges on account of being fried in a quarter inch of really hot oil and are absolutely delicious.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

Smile for the camera!
Ok smile a little less for the camera would ya?

but eggs just make me so HAPPY!!!

btw i can vouch for Big Beefy's picked egg recipes, it's good stuff

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like egg

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Egg

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Was all excited to make oyakadon last night and then remembered I have no eggs, so I made chicken sandwiches instead. It was very tragic please send positive egg related thoughts my way.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The dog hosed the eggs

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
egg

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Was all excited to make oyakadon last night and then remembered I have no eggs, so I made chicken sandwiches instead. It was very tragic please send positive egg related thoughts my way.

Chicken is just properly aged egg I fail to see how you had an issue

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Y'all, get this: Eggs Bonerdick :v:

Also thinking I'm omeletting for lunch. Real basic, eggs, salt and pepps, maybe a little bit of onion and butter. Yeah.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
made late night drunk cheezy scrumbled eggs last nite

wise

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
put a egg in ramen for flavor and health bonus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Chinatown posted:

made late night drunk cheezy scrumbled eggs last nite

wise

really good

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wanted eggs benedict today but a ceremony I was at had brats so my mom and I had those. :(

They were good though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smythe posted:

put a egg in ramen for flavor and health bonus

I've always wanted to do that. Do you just crack an egg into ramen made on the stove top and it cooks itself? Do you still boil it longer?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've always wanted to do that. Do you just crack an egg into ramen made on the stove top and it cooks itself? Do you still boil it longer?

just put it in at 2 mins on a 3 minute total ramen boil duration is my strat. many theories to this. more art than science really

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

If you stir in the egg you can put it in after the ramen is finished cooking and off the heat, but it has to be right away.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

thinking about that time the world leaders touched the orb. but it's an egg.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oerggb

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Egg

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
heard yall got egg

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

heard yall got egg

We got scrambled, fried, poached, deviled, sunny side up, over medium, under medium, medium, a DVD of the show Medium, with toast, white, wheat, bagel, English muffin, Dutch muffin, sourdough, sweetdough, dough, pumpernickel, and rye, with potatoes, roasted, boasted, french fried, smothered, homefry, scallop, scalloped, scalped, deep fried, refried, defried.

Coffee?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

heard yall got egg

Got two French laces for you out back, make sure you’re not followed.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

heard yall got egg

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

yeah i heard yall got egg guys balls in ur face bitch

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The couple times I've bothered to do it w/instant ramen I found that it's way better to crack the egg into a ramekin (get a set of glass ramekins for your kitchen, folks, c'mon) or I guess maybe your smallest tupperware container or even coffee mug, whatever you're working with here.
Basically, you want it de-shelled but containerized only because you want the egg to warm up to room'ish temp while the ramen cooks.

So, make your ramen whilst you're loving around with your egg.
Once the ramen is ALMOST done, stop the boil, you don't want any bubbles or agitation for this part.

Lower your ramekin/tupperware/cup/anus full of eggs/whatever into the literally 'was just boiling' liquid and slowly release them into the water like you're letting a koi free from your hands into a serene garden pond landscape or you've decided to poo poo into your hand and leave it somewhere no one will ever find it. Eitherway, don't break the yolk is all you're looking for there.

Let it congeal like you're poaching the egg. That's it.

Now you've got ramen with a poached egg in it.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
When hgb gets his balldo, he could demo it with a pickled egg

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

The couple times I've bothered to do it w/instant ramen I found that it's way better to crack the egg into a ramekin (get a set of glass ramekins for your kitchen, folks, c'mon) or I guess maybe your smallest tupperware container or even coffee mug, whatever you're working with here.
Basically, you want it de-shelled but containerized only because you want the egg to warm up to room'ish temp while the ramen cooks.

So, make your ramen whilst you're loving around with your egg.
Once the ramen is ALMOST done, stop the boil, you don't want any bubbles or agitation for this part.

Lower your ramekin/tupperware/cup/anus full of eggs/whatever into the literally 'was just boiling' liquid and slowly release them into the water like you're letting a koi free from your hands into a serene garden pond landscape or you've decided to poo poo into your hand and leave it somewhere no one will ever find it. Eitherway, don't break the yolk is all you're looking for there.

Let it congeal like you're poaching the egg. That's it.

Now you've got ramen with a poached egg in it.

I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for the tips! :tipshat:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

pacerhimself posted:

When hgb gets his balldo, he could demo it with a pickled egg

Just one?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Oeuf.