Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Parrotine posted:

Is Goldberg or Steve Austin filling the role of Nappa? I want electric power bombs here, don't hold back now.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428923/?ref_=tt_cl_i_7 This would be my pick over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

John Cenas Jorts posted:

Is there anywhere to look for merch for Super? The basic "google it" doesn't return much, and I'm not usually into weeb poo poo so if there's like AnimeMerchOnline please let me know

crunchyroll sells merch sometimes

edit: just checked and there isnt any right now, some good JoJo and Junji Ito stuff though

Mr.Acula fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 11, 2021

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Goku is a himbo.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Parrotine posted:

Is Goldberg or Steve Austin filling the role of Nappa? I want electric power bombs here, don't hold back now.

Bautista, naturally.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So much about Dragon Ball and shonen in general makes sense when you realise it's literally just superpowered pro wrestling. Kinnikuman fits into the genre perfectly for a reason.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Leaks for the new chapter are circulating. Vegeta has a new Hakaishin form.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vegeta Morado let's go

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

So they're going to end up with an Angel Goku and Destroyer Vegeta dynamic and separation, which is a cool idea

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Super's gonna end with Goku and Vegeta somehow ending up in Whis' and Beerus's jobs.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

Super's gonna end with Goku and Vegeta somehow ending up in Whis' and Beerus's jobs.

Ain’t no “somehow” about it :black101:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We know what happens to Goku and Vegeta after Super ends because of the last few chapters of Dragonball Z

also there's no way Goku or Vegeta would take up a job like that

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

We know what happens to Goku and Vegeta after Super ends because of the last few chapters of Dragonball Z

Counter: They absolutely would take those jobs because they've already been doing it most of their lives and wouldn't have to change

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Black August posted:

Counter: They absolutely would take those jobs because they've already been doing it most of their lives and wouldn't have to change

Goku didn't want Kami's job why would he want Whis' job?

Also here's where that pitch begins and ends: Vegeta being told his existence is forever tied to Kaioshin's

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

Goku didn't want Kami's job why the gently caress would he want Whis' job?

Also here's where that pitch begins and ends: Vegeta being told his existence is forever tied to Kaioshin's

No you misunderstand

I'm saying that they don't need to accept the positions, because they're already in them and they're just being trained up to the level of Whis and Beerus, so those two can do their jobs better while they get to eat on Earth all day

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vegeta immediately wishes for Shin to be immortal

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Kild posted:

Vegeta immediately wishes for Shin to be immortal

Vegeta wishes he can't die as long as Goku is alive.
Goku wishes he can't die as long as Vegeta is alive.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Blockhouse posted:

If this is still what's down the line then I am very curious as to how it'll happen, will Goku and Vegeta give up their god powers because that would just end with them being vaporized by Golden Freiza.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Judge Tesla posted:

If this is still what's down the line then I am very curious as to how it'll happen, will Goku and Vegeta give up their god powers because that would just end with them being vaporized by Golden Freiza.

We keep inching towards the End of Z

I'm really hoping that we finally hit it and keep going.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope we reach End of Z too, but reaching it probably opens a lot of cans of worms.

Like do they use the same End of Z from DBZ, or remake it to better fit with Super's development of the setting? If they remake End of Z, how do they do so? Can they still be as coy about how "canon" GT is as they have been once they reach End of Z? What does reaching End of Z now mean for a Goku that's himself been training under Whis? And so on.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Judge Tesla posted:

it's totally possible they never lost those powers - Goku just could have not transformed during his fight with Uub.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Blockhouse posted:

it's totally possible they never lost those powers - Goku just could have not transformed during his fight with Uub.

Yeah, if anything this just makes Uub more powerful than what most of us had assumed from the end of Z

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Super Saiyan 4 Blue draws near.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Before you get to SS4 Blue, you have to start with the pre-stage of Super Saiyan God Oozaru.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So, will he be called Blue Baby or Baby Blue if that happens.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, if anything this just makes Uub more powerful than what most of us had assumed from the end of Z

We already got this established with Uub having inherited the God power from the eaten Kaioshin, right?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

yeah, goku going SSGSS or ultra instinct or whatever against a small, relatively-untrained child would be uhhh kinda out of character

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Goku doesn't even transform against world-ending monstrosities who explicitly say out loud that they want to kill him and everyone he knows and loves without giving them a nice normal form warmup round first.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Though Goku training a kid to his full potential that he would absolutely poo poo stomp does feel pointless.

As he says he wants a rematch with kid Buu

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
A human with Kai powers, Majin powers, and magic does sound like an enticing opponent.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Goku needs to get his poo poo beat in while in Base Form before his motor gets running.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's annoying when people spoil things from the upcoming chapter 3 days before it releases

Someone just had a full page on their instagram story so I had no idea it was coming

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

bowmore posted:

It's annoying when people spoil things from the upcoming chapter 3 days before it releases

Someone just had a full page on their instagram story so I had no idea it was coming

Your first mistake was using social media.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

bowmore posted:

Yeah I saw that too. Don't care about spoilers, but thats such not a cool move.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Mangaplus

Cool chapter.
Lol at Vegeta egging on and fooling Granolah. We know he's not going to win, but I'm loving how they show he's using his brain more than Goku does.

I'm hyped for next chapter as Granolah seemed scared.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Not a fan of this new look

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
I'm not a fan of the new nightsoul vegeta design in the last two pages, but this is a real a+ vegeta chapter

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I like Vegeta throwing out "but know I was only a child when the Saiyans invaded this planet" as if child/toddler soldiers weren't part of the Saiyan MO.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I love that Vegeta instantly knew Granolah was a complete amateur in terms of his combat skills and knowledge, he might be overwhelmingly powerful but he has no actual experience of how to fight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
lol at Vegeta losing his eyebrows on going Hakaishin mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

egg tats posted:

I'm not a fan of the new nightsoul vegeta design in the last two pages, but this is a real a+ vegeta chapter

agreed. I never really liked the "eyebrowless" look for the saiyans, but I still really appreciate both the fact that Vegeta's been getting his own new abilities/forms, and that we're getting even more prime cocky-as-poo poo Vegeta. I can't even be mad about the fact of his inevitable jobbing when he's smugging up the place as much as he is.

And it does make a lot of sense for Vegeta to assume Granolah was new to this power-level, since not long ago they probably would've tried recruiting him to the Tournament of Power if he were anywhere near that strong at the time.