Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The mini chocolate chip cookies are soooo good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I freeze those packs of chicken. They last forever! Thaw them out and use half in some sort of curry (serve with naan and madras lentils, from Costco), then use the other half for curried chicken salad (with grapes and sliced almonds). All totaled, that’s like 9 meals — dinner, lunch for 3 with leftovers.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

I like that my local Costco has a big pump bottle of GERM-X Hand Sanitizer at the condiment area, so you can disinfect before handling your food at the condiment station. Still no onions, relish, or deli mustard.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Someone is going to put Germ-X on a hot dog and start a zesty new Costco trend.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
You jest but I've seen people drink hand-sanitizer straight from the container. Who knows what the most twisted Costco denizens will do.

it was in the hospital psych unit but still

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I only said it because I know for a fact that Germ-X is zesty.

e I was in Unit 2-B when I found out

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

DeesGrandpa posted:

Hey we found the one Costco w liqour in the state. Which Kirkland brand booze do we want

Kirkland French vodka is indistinguishable from Grey Goose, Kirkland cognac is courvoisier.

This was determined by double blind tastes tests done with my wife and self.

Depending on your selection available, all other brands of liquor have been cheaper than what’s available elsewhere if you’re willing to buy the 1.75 liter in my experience. That size of Jameson whiskey at every Costco is $40, unbeatable at any BevMo in town. Makers Mark is fantastic for an old fashioned and available at a similarly unbeatable price, especially when you throw in %3 cash back from the Costco visa, and %2 from the executive membership that always seems to pay for itself. I have not tried their scotch because I’m stuck on Johnnie Walker Black, I don’t like peaty scotch apparently. JWB is $20 dollars less for 1.75 at Costco, than BevMo.

The wine, liquor and beer sections at the Morena location in San Diego I was referring to is collectively something like 10-15% of the giant former aircraft hanger that built the fuselage of the largest plane ever constructed.

If it’s available, allow me to recommend Freakshow cab as the best $15 price point red wine I’ve found anywhere. It’s very good chilled or warm as traditionally served. Also the session IPA is very good, much better than the standard Kirkland IPA mixed pack.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

fizzymercury posted:

I only said it because I know for a fact that Germ-X is zesty.

e I was in Unit 2-B when I found out

Excellent user/post combo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
From my Google Photos archives. 2017. We had no idea what was coming. :negative:

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

DeesGrandpa posted:

Hey we found the one Costco w liqour in the state. Which Kirkland brand booze do we want

NewFatMike posted:

The blended Scotch is excellent - $18/handle over here in Chicago.

Expanding on this

If you want to go fancy, this stuff is pretty amazing (if you like scotch).

Kirkland Vodka (either kinds) are good choices.

Their tequila is fine for mixing (margs/sunrise) but a little rough for shooting.

I have a buddy who loves captain morgan/sailor jerry, he somehow said their rum is no bueno.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chinatown posted:

From my Google Photos archives. 2017. We had no idea what was coming. :negative:

I will remember youuuuuu..

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Moey posted:

Expanding on this

If you want to go fancy, this stuff is pretty amazing (if you like scotch).

Kirkland Vodka (either kinds) are good choices.

Their tequila is fine for mixing (margs/sunrise) but a little rough for shooting.

I have a buddy who loves captain morgan/sailor jerry, he somehow said their rum is no bueno.

Can confirm, their spiced rum is terrible.

Kirkland Blended Scotch is surprisingly good, and it’s dirt cheap. The Anejo tequila is pretty good. The vodka tastes a lot like vodka.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
The gin used to be OK but they recently recalled it (!) after switching suppliers. I don’t know if it’s back up to par yet.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Just buy the vodka and get shitfaced on that

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

david_a posted:

The gin used to be OK but they recently recalled it (!) after switching suppliers. I don’t know if it’s back up to par yet.

Y'know, I thought I had seen a Kirkland gin but haven't been able to find it and I thought I had imagined it, so thanks for reporting on that! Hopefully it'll come back soon. And is good.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
They've never had the Kirkland gin where I am, but they do sell Roku gin for a few bucks off the cheapest liquor discounter price around which is nice

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They recently switched their bourbon distillers to Barton 1792, and I'm really digging the new small batch. I didn't care for their previous small batch whiskey that I tried, this seems like a huge improvement.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Enos Cabell posted:

They recently switched their bourbon distillers to Barton 1792, and I'm really digging the new small batch. I didn't care for their previous small batch whiskey that I tried, this seems like a huge improvement.

That they have a 1792 bourbon means they can have a rye. They need to get on it.

I'm moving to Wisconsin and being able to buy Kirkland liquor from the Costco uptown makes me unreasonably happy. Probably because I like cheap liquor too much.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh man super points if it's Appleton - Costco, REI, and Woodman's in an extremely cute town is so my jam.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

priznat posted:

I will remember youuuuuu..

Mm watcha say?? Mm that you only meant wellllll

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

You jest but I've seen people drink hand-sanitizer straight from the container. Who knows what the most twisted Costco denizens will do.

it was in the hospital psych unit but still

I was about to ask if they were alcoholics and yeah, psych units are fun. I've probably spent 6-8 months of my life in one collectively.

When I was in boot camp I went into our cleaning closet and ran into two guys drinking mouthwash.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

:jackbud:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I just need legal weed sold in Costco and I will never criticize anything ever again.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was about to ask if they were alcoholics and yeah, psych units are fun. I've probably spent 6-8 months of my life in one collectively.

When I was in boot camp I went into our cleaning closet and ran into two guys drinking mouthwash.

Yup!! I spent several years volunteering and shadowing in the ER/psych ER and have seen some sh*t. That particular event prompted the switch from liquid to a thick gel sanitizer. People will do anything for their booze. I have... vivid memories I'll say, though not just from alcohol seekers.

I wouldn't want anyone to stay long term in any psych unit, it is just not a good place to be. Hope you're doing better than you were!!

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
Went to church today for the first time in a bit. Got the enchiladas from the deli section to try out and have pretty high hopes.

Also got a new dress shirt for a (hopefully final) interview next week. Gonna be looking like a boss though in head to toe Costco. Less than $7 and should look more than presentable over zoom. PBUC

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mercury Hat posted:

For my money, you can't beat the containers of 8 rotisserie chicken quarters they sell for 5 buckaroonies, though.

Mercury Hat posted:

Yeah, I have the best luck if I've gone around opening time on a weekday, like Tue-Wed-Thu. They don't have many and not all the time but they keep them with the packs of breast meat, the big premade salads, the ribs, that kinda stuff.

Thanks so much for mentioning this. I had no idea this product existed, I usually ignore this part of the deli case. I much prefer leg and thigh meat to breast meat so this is a win for me. I picked up a container on my visit this morning and am looking forward to it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Bumble Dong posted:

Went to church today for the first time in a bit. Got the enchiladas from the deli section to try out and have pretty high hopes.

Also got a new dress shirt for a (hopefully final) interview next week. Gonna be looking like a boss though in head to toe Costco. Less than $7 and should look more than presentable over zoom. PBUC

Dress shirt top, dad jeans bottom.

Oh poo poo I just described my relationship.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The take-n-bake enchiladas are pretty good. My current favorite is the cannelloni though.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Just booked a trip to Greece thru Costco.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fizzymercury posted:

That they have a 1792 bourbon means they can have a rye. They need to get on it.

I'm moving to Wisconsin and being able to buy Kirkland liquor from the Costco uptown makes me unreasonably happy. Probably because I like cheap liquor too much.

I've only been to one Costco in my life and it's one of the two in Madison :toot:

No onions here yet, tough :negative:

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
Report: enchiladas aren’t restaurant quality but for $15 and 0 effort I don’t have any complaints. They’re like 3/4 chicken and I love putting Costco’s meat in me

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bumble Dong posted:

I love putting Costco’s meat in me

thread title and :same:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

:hmmyes:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

StormDrain posted:

Just booked a trip to Greece thru Costco.

I want to book a trip to Vegas through Costco but it's very limited to where you can stay, I'm guessing because they don't want have to deal with MGM or Caesars. Vegas trip might be a rare instance where I'm better off not booking through Costco because I can find a room somewhere not available with Costco for half the price.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

jimmy mnemonic posted:

Thanks so much for mentioning this. I had no idea this product existed, I usually ignore this part of the deli case. I much prefer leg and thigh meat to breast meat so this is a win for me. I picked up a container on my visit this morning and am looking forward to it.

That is a fantastic deal. I gotta stop buying those chicken packs and look for these things. PBUC.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Gotta out myself, what does PBUC mean?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

peanut butter urethra cream

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

:emptyquote: