Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh geez... I didn't even know that was a feature. Just checked and it's there in config, disabled by default. At first I thought Q and A were going to be some weird meta structural thing about questions and answers about the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
yo so as a break in between yakuza games I'm playing the ace attorney trilogy. I played them like 15 years ago, when I finished the first, got halfway through the second, and stopped. It's pretty fun! It's been long enough that I don't really remember what happens, which is nice.

My question is, should I skip the final case of the first game? I know it was added later and isn't really canon, and has a bunch of additional mechanics that don't show up anywhere else. I also saw that it's extremely long. I kinda wanna speed through the trilogy, lol.

Another note: I really think the pixel art was better. It's probably just my nostalgia goggles but they had a lot of personality. The new stuff isn't terrible but sometimes it seems a bit ametuerish. I wish there was a toggle.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mirello posted:

yo so as a break in between yakuza games I'm playing the ace attorney trilogy. I played them like 15 years ago, when I finished the first, got halfway through the second, and stopped. It's pretty fun! It's been long enough that I don't really remember what happens, which is nice.

My question is, should I skip the final case of the first game? I know it was added later and isn't really canon, and has a bunch of additional mechanics that don't show up anywhere else. I also saw that it's extremely long. I kinda wanna speed through the trilogy, lol.

Another note: I really think the pixel art was better. It's probably just my nostalgia goggles but they had a lot of personality. The new stuff isn't terrible but sometimes it seems a bit ametuerish. I wish there was a toggle.

While it was added later the new case is still canon, with characters from it appearing in later games in the series.
Also not sure what you mean by pixel art, the art in the trilogy is the art from the originals at a higher resolution. You're right that it can look amateurish, but it always did, it was just hidden by a smaller screen before.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Mirello posted:

The final case is one of the better ones in the trilogy, it's a bit padded but definitely worth playing.

Speaking Ace Attorney, I'm currently stuck on the 3rd case of Apollo Justice because it contains everything I like least in Ace Attorney cases

- The murder happening while the defence attorney is visiting a place instead of the attorney being hired well after the murder happened

- Pop culture heavy cases

- A mystery that's heavily reliant on people being stupid/breaking due process

- It's centred on a prosecutor who's more boring than fun (and the game is trying very hard to make him fun)

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jul 19, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
rise from the ashes is one of the best cases in the series, and has one of the best casts in the series

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's good but it does borrow twists from some later cases, reducing their impact.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Mirello posted:

It is on the longer side. It is canon, especially insofar as it introduces characters who will return in games 4+, but it was only added in the remake so skipping it won't negatively impact the rest of the first trilogy.

Personally it's one of my favourites but it's quite divisive.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I like it except for the part late in the case where you have to rotate a certain piece of evidence and it's really loving obnoxiously touchy on what it accepts

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It has my favorite villain in the series outside of Dahlia
Though I haven't played Miles games.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I’m on Chapter 7 of ML:A and man Takeru’s arc in this series is so good. One of the best protagonist arcs I’ve ever experienced in a VN.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I played MLA, Steins;Gate and Utawarerumono back-to-back-to-back, so I was absolutely drowning in extremely good protagonist arcs

honestly these days I'm extremely generous toward lovely protagonists because I know there's at least a chance they'll turn into another Takeru or Okabe or Haku

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

sound of drop is really not grabbing me

the setting is a haunted aquarium. the first person MC meets is a young guy who asserts that the haunted aspect of the aquarium is that its some kind of locus of alternate dimensions. how does he even know this??? he's experiencing something extremely weird and supernatural and just immediately jumps to an esoteric unprovable conclusion he has no evidence for with 100 percent confidence? he's not even a scientist or occult enthusiast or anything he just works there as a tour guide.

then the MC meets two more people, neither of whom wants to team up with her and prefer to go off on their own in this extremely dangerous environment. who would ever do that? disregarding the fact that in any kind of frightening environment the natural instinct of people is to band together (theres a reason isolation is a horror staple) not having a teammate to help in a highly dangerous situation is just stupid. even if the character is an evil rear end in a top hat (one of them is) they should at least take the MC along as cannon fodder to lead the way or something. none of these people make sense.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A haunted Aquarium? What are the ghost fish gonna do swim at you?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

A haunted Aquarium? What are the ghost fish gonna do swim at you?

they're pretty loving brutal in ninja gaiden

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

spooky scaley skeletons

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Stexils posted:

sound of drop

i found sound of drop kind of interesting initially because i like horror where the spooky bit is the fact that the cast have been trapped in some kind of pocket dimension (in the same vein as stuff like corpse party, calling on the Wii, or even that one psychadelica VN), but it really just. is let down by the fact it's very obviously the studio's first VN. i was pretty generous when i still felt somewhat positive after beating it, but its definitely like. a B-movie kind of VN, at best. (which is why its fascinating that their next game, Fatal Twelve, is so much better)

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
I enjoyed sound of drop because you die all the time and some of the deaths are really entertainingly weird.

But yeah either the plot or the translation or probably both was very confusing a lot of the time.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

gegi posted:

I enjoyed sound of drop because you die all the time and some of the deaths are really entertainingly weird.

But yeah either the plot or the translation or probably both was very confusing a lot of the time.

90% of the confusion comes from the translation for sure. It's absolutely terrible.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Mirello posted:

Feel free to skip it for now. It was added in the DS release of the first game as a sort of preview/teaser for Apollo Justice in many ways, and I personally feel that going from AA1->AA2 flows better without it.

If you want to play it at its "intended" time, do it after Trials and Tribulations, since that's when it was made.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rosalie_A posted:

Feel free to skip it for now. It was added in the DS release of the first game as a sort of preview/teaser for Apollo Justice in many ways, and I personally feel that going from AA1->AA2 flows better without it.

If you want to play it at its "intended" time, do it after Trials and Tribulations, since that's when it was made.

I'll probably do this. tbh I'm planning to skip the apollo justice games because I've heard mixed things and they dont have the same nostalgia going for them. I'm excited to play that new one though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
apollo justice is good

imo its better then the middle game of the trilogy
also don't skip rise from the ashes its good wtf, it doesn't mess up flow or anything its like watching a movie between tv seasons

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 22, 2021

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

apollo justice is good

imo its better then the middle game of the trilogy
also don't skip rise from the ashes its good wtf, it doesn't mess up flow or anything its like watching a movie between tv seasons

AJ was my first Ace Attorney so I'm very fond of it. The 3ds games are really good too, especially SoJ.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mirello posted:

I'll probably do this. tbh I'm planning to skip the apollo justice games because I've heard mixed things and they dont have the same nostalgia going for them. I'm excited to play that new one though.

apollo justice has some of the best music in the entire series and a lot of people's negative reactions were more that it wasnt another game with phoenix as the protagonist, i think a lot of people would like it more in retrospect if they replayed it now

edit: you try and tell me this isnt one of the funkiest AA tracks ever, i want an upscaled remix in AA7

Mix. fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 22, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like the two biggest faults i can find with apollo justice is watching that music video too many times and the final case kinda feeling like a retread of bridge to the turnabout in some ways (though like, it still does a lot of its own unique things with it, it just feels weaker immediately going from the one game to the next)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

yeah the third case is hilariously bad purely on how many times they play that drat video. but in a way that it kind of loops around to being loving hysterical because of how many times you watch the same loving 144p mov file

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

phoenix wright is a messy series with significant ups and downs from first game to most recent, i wouldn't recommend outright skipping anything tbh

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stexils posted:

i wanted to like devil on the g string but the fakeout plot twist coming completely out of the blue was just so awkward.

The plot twist was extremely bad and retroactively soured me on the game, but I was at least enjoying it up until that point.

But drat that twist really sucked and basically removed everything that was interesting about the story.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

umineko spoilers
one of my favorite things constantly is how a lot of people fall into the exact same trap Battler did , and they end up liking/being sympathetic for most of the parent cast, and think they couldn't possibly have a motive. they all have motives. the motive is stated in ALL CAPS REPEATEDLY in chapter 1! it's just that in a mystery, you really 'want' the motive to be something mysterious, and convoluted*- but people kill for money all the time

*actually it kind of ends up being that

I like how there are many, many points throughout episodes 1-4 where characters like "hmm, seems like the servants must be in on it!" or outright suspecting Kanon, but you're conditioned to assume that there's some bigger trick involved, but the murders end up "mechanically" being very simple and straight-forward - the gimmick is almost always just "the servants + a co-conspirator were working with the culprit." But as the reader you're inclined to try and come up with some brilliant trick that involves there only being a single culprit, instead of multiple people who are willing to lie to cover for the culprit.

That being said, the motive of the culprit in the episodes - as opposed to reality - actually does have a fairly complex and involved motive (and the parents are only ever the co-conspirators during the episodes where he's the one speculating).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jul 22, 2021

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

dmboogie posted:

phoenix wright is a messy series with significant ups and downs from first game to most recent, i wouldn't recommend outright skipping anything tbh
Other than Phoenix Wright vs. Layton if you count it for some reason, yeah.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phoenix vs Layton has some good cases, it's only the last one that devolves into Layton absurdity.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

The plot twist was extremely bad and retroactively soured me on the game, but I was at least enjoying it up until that point.

But drat that twist really sucked and basically removed everything that was interesting about the story.

I like how there are many, many points throughout episodes 1-4 where characters like "hmm, seems like the servants must be in on it!" or outright suspecting Kanon, but you're conditioned to assume that there's some bigger trick involved, but the murders end up "mechanically" being very simple and straight-forward - the gimmick is almost always just "the servants + a co-conspirator were working with the culprit." But as the reader you're inclined to try and come up with some brilliant trick that involves there only being a single culprit, instead of multiple people who are willing to lie to cover for the culprit.

That being said, the motive of the culprit in the episodes - as opposed to reality - actually does have a fairly complex and involved motive (and the parents are only ever the co-conspirators during the episodes where he's the one speculating).
Umineko spoilers
the best is everyone dunking on battler for turning everything Into mysterious device x and traps in EP 4. but how did beato destroy all the evidence and guarantee everyone's death. a device connected to a trap

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

while the gameplay aspect of the tweets in robotics;notes kind of suck (can't imagine trying to figure out how to get endings without a guide) i do like how everyone in the game is absolutely godawful at posting in completely in-character ways

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Umineko 7 part-way thoughts (I'm ?halfway through Yasu's story - just solved the epitaph)

been a while since I did one of these

- Battler really hosed up, didn't he? I'm giving myself partial credit for realising the convoluted 'replacement Battler' theories were unnecessary and his existing backstory fitted the known facts fine, but I'm kicking myself for not making the logical connection of Beatrice 2's cliff baby being Beatrice 3. It's like poetry etc. Being told that Shannon was 16 turned out to be a remarkably effective bit of misdirection, in retrospect.

- Speaking of which, I'm going to go ahead and say: loving. called. it. ok sure, we still haven't officially confirmed that Yasu/Beatrice and Shannon are the same person, but come on. We're told right at the start that Yasu only ever had a single room. Shannon never interacts with the other servants until Yasu returns to their home planet. Even the narration seems to be getting less and less clear on the distinction. When Yasu is young, 'Shannon' is their imaginary friend/idealized vision of a model servant. After the first batch of older servants leaves, Yasu briefly embraces their prankster side but then decides to compartmentalize and suppress her witch persona instead (not completely sure why yet), embracing the Shannon persona which they mostly stick with. I think.

- One thing I can't completely figure out is Yasu's gender - I can't help but think of them as female but I'm not sure if that was because the narration confirmed them as such or if it's just because I'm associating them with Beatrice and Shannon. There certainly seem to be a lot of gender-neutral pronouns being used around them, and then of course there's Lion. It'll be neat if this turns out to be an actual thing. And of course there's the whole thing with Kanon, which I still can't quite believe seems to actually be happening. Shannon's unsettling reaction to Will attempting to use debug mode to get her in the same room as Kanon seems like the strongest hint yet that they're the same person. Plus she's shown creating Kanon in pretty much the same way she creates Beatrice. I can't wait to see how the hell the story's going to pull it off, if I'm right. Most of the early scenes I remember Kanon in have him hanging around Genji and Kinzo, in which I can mentally replace him with Shannon without too much confusion, but then there's Shannon giving Jessica tips on how to make a move on... herself? Who Jessica somehow doesn't recognize as the same person? :shepicide:

- Shannon solving the riddle was an unexpected development, though recontextualizing the epitaph as Kinzo's final insane gamble to resurrect Beatrice using his wacky probability logic makes a lot more sense than it being a way to choose his successor, since we've always known he doesn't really give a poo poo about his kids. Genji nudging Kinzo's actual child/grandchild (:barf:) into solving it is pretty elegant, so I can't wait to see how it all goes wrong. As a bonus Shannon being the Successor makes the first part of Episode 4 a lot easier to explain - it just hadn't occurred to me that it could be someone outside the family who was acknowledged as the new Kinzo, which was a pretty dumb assumption in retrospect.

- lastly for now, I wasn't massively fond of Will at first (do we really need new characters now?) but he's growing on me. It's nice to have someone who's smart and just an all-round decent person without it being blown up for insane drama purposes. the 'last-minute outsider' thing really underscores the whole drat tragedy - it should be Battler laying everything out for the reader, but he was too late. so you get the new guy instead, and none of the melodrama or catharsis. I hadn't encountered the Van Dine rules he referred to briefly at the start but they seem like the most "beep boop no feelings allowed in my perfect mystery" stuff imaginable, which is pretty ironic since that's very pointedly not Will's thing, it's Erika's, but she's gone thank god

e: also I swear I have no memory of the "quadrillion" inscription above the chapel - when was that mentioned? feels like the sort of detail I would normally have got really hung up on

Gato fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 2, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Some clarification for once you've finished the game: Episode 7 content spoilers, though could also be considered vague/indirect Episode 8 spoilers in the sense of "Episode 8 won't elaborate further on _______" - It might seem strange that people don't notice Kanon/Shannon being the same person (which is indeed the case - episode 7 is when it's effectively confirmed), but the biggest factor in this is Genji and Kumasawa being in on it. It's possible that at some point Jessica or someone else thought "Kanon's face looks similar to Shannon's," but with Genji/Kumasawa supporting the "Kanon exists as a separate person" story people are just going to think "I must be overthinking this, because there's no reason for the head servants to be lying" (since they're all unaware of the fact that Shannon/Yasu isn't just a normal servant and is, in fact, a child of Kinzo). It helps that Shannon has fake boobs and Shannon/Kanon very likely use completely different hair styles (and probably make-up and maybe even a wig), but having other people support the story is really the main factor. Without any reason to consider "maybe these two different people I know are actually the same person," most people aren't going to go down that line of thought, especially if other people are reinforcing the idea that they're separate individuals.

Stexils posted:

while the gameplay aspect of the tweets in robotics;notes kind of suck (can't imagine trying to figure out how to get endings without a guide) i do like how everyone in the game is absolutely godawful at posting in completely in-character ways

I love Junna's tweets. It's also funny how the protagonist just constantly tweets "played some video games."

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 3, 2021

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Somewhat off topic but does anyone know of some software that turns an ebook into a more visual novel format? Reason I ask is when I’m reading a book it’s a little hard for me to concentrate since my eyes are seeing words beyond just the text I’m reading. But in a visual novel I absorb more because just the current sentences are visible.

Hope that made sense.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

theblackw0lf posted:

Somewhat off topic but does anyone know of some software that turns an ebook into a more visual novel format? Reason I ask is when I’m reading a book it’s a little hard for me to concentrate since my eyes are seeing words beyond just the text I’m reading. But in a visual novel I absorb more because just the current sentences are visible.

Hope that made sense.

You could try something like the kindle reader for windows except make the window like half your screen and then just zoom way in so there's only a couple sentences at the time but they don't take up the entire actual screen

Also if you do this make sure you use "kindle cloud reader" via edge and not like the downloadable "Kindle for PC" thing because that one is way worse

this is the one you wanna use (I just got a transformer laptop/tablet recently that runs windows so I had to figure this out to use it like a kindle)

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-kindle-windows-10

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Gato posted:

e: also I swear I have no memory of the "quadrillion" inscription above the chapel - when was that mentioned? feels like the sort of detail I would normally have got really hung up on

In fact it wasn't explicitly written out. Back in an earlier episode (2? because of the chapel murder?), George says there's an inscription in English but paraphrases it. However, I think Battler says something about m, b, t, q which is supposed to be your hint. And I think it comes up again in episode 4 during one of the Ange scenes.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Stefan Prodan posted:

You could try something like the kindle reader for windows except make the window like half your screen and then just zoom way in so there's only a couple sentences at the time but they don't take up the entire actual screen

Also if you do this make sure you use "kindle cloud reader" via edge and not like the downloadable "Kindle for PC" thing because that one is way worse

this is the one you wanna use (I just got a transformer laptop/tablet recently that runs windows so I had to figure this out to use it like a kindle)

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-kindle-windows-10

Thanks, that’s actually a really good idea!

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I’m playing Remember 11, which is really fantastic. The pacing is incredible.

Did Uchikoshi or Nakazawa ever say what route C would have been like if they had been able to finish the game?

Edit: having finished it I’m actually pretty satisfied with the ending. In a sense it’s incomplete as there are more mysteries to be resolved, but some of the bad endings reveals answers to those mysteries. Also I’m not sure what else could have been added. The central dilemma is resolved. Also I read somewhere that while Uchikoshi and Nakazawa differed on how to end it which is why they left the game as they saw it in a half finished state, looking back Uchikoshi at least says he’s satisfied with the ending. I’d agree.

Though it’s possible as i uncover more of the mysteries I might change my tune.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 9, 2021

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

And that’s Umineko 7 finished. Turns out when I said I thought I was halfway through Clair/Yasu’s story I was pretty near the end, because dammit I’m going to keep running at that football called “answers” and look surprised when it gets yanked away from me again. But despite all that, I think I’ve made peace with not having a day by day breakdown of what happens in the 2 years after Yasu finds the gold. I'm still hoping the next episode will go into it in more detail, but I think we can reasonably infer most of the culprit’s motivation from what we have and what we’ve seen already.

The one thing still up in the air is the whole “furniture” deal. One thing that stood out is that as far as I could tell the f-word doesn’t get used in this episode at all until the stinger at the very end. So Yasu doesn’t develop that particular complex until after they solve the epitaph. Up until this point I’d been assuming it was a roundabout way of describing their multiple personas, but the stinger suggests it’s something more physical. “A body incapable of love” made me think of infertility, given how much George goes on about having kids, but it could also be a sexual anatomy thing given the very deliberate ambiguity about Lion’s sex and gender. In any case we know that Yasu/Clair/Beatrice ends up in a bizarre love triangle while battling some serious self-esteem issues (knowing that neither relationship can possibly work out), then Battler shows up to make everything more confused and tips them over the edge.

I was pleasantly surprised that they even bothered to revisit the murders in the first four arcs, so I can’t be mad at Ryukishi for presenting the solutions in such a cryptic way. I guess the broader point that Will makes is that with everything we now know, actually solving the murders is a formality. We know that: Shannon and Kanon are one person, and they are the primary culprit. Nanjo, Genji and Kumasawa are all aware of this, and to some degree actively assisting them. This also means none of Nanjo’s examinations are reliable. Maria probably isn’t a conspirator per se but will do what Beatrice tells her to. Beatrice has a billion yen on a bank card she can use to bribe people if needed – thinking particularly about Rosa in episode 2, but maybe also Eva and Hideyoshi in episode 1, and Krauss and Kyrie in episode 4. Basically the only people we can be confident weren’t involved at all were Battler, George and Jessica, everything Battler doesn’t directly see is unreliable, and doubly so if the servants are involved. That’s probably more than enough to solve everything.

So to take a random example, in Episode 1 Yasu bribes Hideyoshi to “confirm” Shannon is dead and stop George from inspecting the body. They offer to make Eva & Hideyoshi's money problems go away, get Shannon out of George's life, and possibly make them think everything is a big prank (a possibility I'm only now thinking of thanks to Episode 6 - I guess it depends on how cold you think Eva/Hideyoshi would be about their siblings dying). That explains why they were so weirdly relaxed and just chilled out and talked about going on holiday after a sextuple murder, something that stood out to me right from the start. Yasu is still alive as their Kanon persona, kills Eva and Hideyoshi and makes up the whole story about cutting the chain to the room – “a chain of illusions can trap only illusions.” And so on?

Overall I really liked this episode, a really striking change of pace from all the melodrama up to this point. No red and blue truths, no epic anime showdowns, just the quiet, unhappy stories of two very unhappy people, Kinzo and Yasu. I was nervous about the handling of Kinzo raping his daughter at first, but I think they managed to walk the line of showing just how much it tormented him without excusing or minimising it in any way. I like how Yasu “forgiving” Kinzo is clearly shown as a piece of theatre Genji engineered rather than actual forgiveness. And I like how that one-line stinger showing it was Kinzo who betrayed the Italians forces us to once again question how much of his own account was even truthful.

Even by this story’s standards, the Tea Party was grim. There’s something astonishingly bleak about the idea that in the “real” version of events, everyone worked together and Yasu’s miracle really happened, but everyone died anyway thanks to simple human greed. (Also holy poo poo Kyrie is even worse than I could have ever guessed.) We never see Battler die in the “real” timeline, but I’m guessing Ryukishi’s waiting to kick that particular lifebelt away too. (And if he did survive, why didn’t he come back to Ange?)

I’m really curious to see where the story goes from here. It looks like we’re setting up a collision between Bernkastel setting up the edgiest game yet versus meta-Battler trying to come up with a comforting fiction for Ange, presumably to be delivered via Hachijo. Given everything so far, it’s hard to believe he’ll succeed, or whether that would even be a good thing at this point, but dammit I want someone to come away from this with a bit of happiness. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Gato posted:

The one thing still up in the air is...

Just to let you know, there is an almost entirely unambiguous answer to this, but it's not contained in the main game but rather in some of the side material. So if you want to know, either read the comics or ask here I guess.