Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
best picture 2021 is coming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNq-QT2Jpng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deXQ7vyru3A

Written by Affleck and Damon (and Nicole Holofcener), and directed by Ridley Scott.

Not exactly the follow up to Good Will Hunting I expected from those two, but looks good.

Looks good and looks like they had fun making it.

That said Ben Affleck popping up in this with his accent made me laugh out loud.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's hard to really care about other movies from this year when this is coming out :allears:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Yes yes yes yes yes yes

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Written by Affleck and Damon (and Nicole Holofcener), and directed by Ridley Scott.

Not exactly the follow up to Good Will Hunting I expected from those two, but looks good.
Looks good but eh, Matt Damon seems like the most boring possible pick for a medieval warrior.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Genuinely believe it's more of an accomplishment to make these movies than half the dramas that get poo poo into the world.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

thrawn527 posted:

nobody makes better looking movies than Ridley Scott

even if it sucks, the cinematography, sets, and costumes will be a treat

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

thrawn527 posted:

It’s The Deullists meets Gladiator.

I’m in.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

This trailer made me cry. A lot. Make of that fact what you will.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like the weird melting world effect.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

im a sucker for practical effects

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Venuz Patrol posted:

im a sucker for practical effects

The shot of Knoxville coming out of that cannon is legitimately fantastic. Also, I've watched it three times now and the Looney Tunes gag still kills me every time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I always have mixed feelings toward Jackass. I think the extreme stunt stuff is fun but I absolutely hate the gross out bits.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

I always have mixed feelings toward Jackass. I think the extreme stunt stuff is fun but I absolutely hate the gross out bits.

It's nice to have a bathroom break half way through when they're snorting wasabi or paper cutting their eyeballs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I'm hoping they "steer" away from the bull semen stuff

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The 'Everything that ever happened in every other horror movie apart from maybe a doll' Horror movie.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

thrawn527 posted:

Kylo ren is back baby!!

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

happyhippy posted:

The 'Everything that ever happened in every other horror movie apart from maybe a doll' Horror movie.

He should have made the conjuring 3 instead of whatever generic thing this looks like

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

thrawn527 posted:

no joke, earnestly anticipating the 3.5 hour director's cut

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sucks that Bam got fired but it is what it is. :(

Interesting to see that they seem to be 'passing the torch' on to Youtube stuntmen like Zach Holmes who were obviously inspired by Jackass in the first place.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Sucks that Bam got fired but it is what it is. :(

It sucks, but the dude is a loving unreliable mess.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Heard y’all like trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLGrJh8ybg

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yall.

yall.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arrakis is Houston get used to it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Arrakis is Houston get used to it.

You're too quick for me, HNB :)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shame we're only getting half of it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Shame we're only getting half of it.

It was easy to ignore you in the Dune thread but don't post that here as well. We're absolutely getting a second Dune and most likely sequels. That's been known since the day they casted Jason Momoa

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

It was easy to ignore you in the Dune thread but don't post that here as well. We're absolutely getting a second Dune and most likely sequels. That's been known since the day they casted Jason Momoa

By sequels, do you mean that the second half isn't likely to complete the book? Or that they'll do the dreadful sequels to the book?

Either way I'm not happy at the prospect of sequels beyond Dune 2, or whatever they'll end up calling it. But I am very much looking forward to the 2 movies.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

By sequels, do you mean that the second half isn't likely to complete the book? Or that they'll do the dreadful sequels to the book?

Either way I'm not happy at the prospect of sequels beyond Dune 2, or whatever they'll end up calling it. But I am very much looking forward to the 2 movies.

Messiah is the best / most important book in the series, and it’s extremely cinematic, come on!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

Why wouldn't you want a God Emperor movie?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Why wouldn't you want a God Emperor movie?

Only Verhoeven is capable of doing the Fish Speakers justice imho

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Remedy this post or you will live out your life in a pain amplifier

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Okay, backing away slowly.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what is the point if its not david lynch

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jewmanji posted:

Messiah is the best / most important book in the series, and it’s extremely cinematic, come on!

messiah is incredible, and would make a wild film in the right hands, but they will never do it

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Looks like a major step down from Blade Runner 2049. The fact that they only filmed half the book just might be a blessing in disguise.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

messiah is incredible, and would make a wild film in the right hands, but they will never do it

Are you saying that because Dune will never be successful enough to merit another sequel, or because of the content in the book? I mean I’m not so delusional to expert to ever see it myself, but the book itself seems extremely adaptable. And it’s like half the length of Dune! And we’ve got Andy Serkis just licking his chops at the prospect of playing Bijaz.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That Dune trailer finally got my hype.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MLSM posted:

Looks like a major step down from Blade Runner 2049. The fact that they only filmed half the book just might be a blessing in disguise.

I just cannot see how someone comes to this conclusion. loving wut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

There are no positive characters, that’s why it’s not gonna happen.

Not saying that Dune has positive characters - but at least superficially there are “heroes”