Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Red Warrior posted:

Crimson Skies!

Nothing else to add.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should give pc gamepass the real crimson skies

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've had Raji on my wishlist for years, Gamepass wins again.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Laserface posted:

for a game that is supposed to really shine at shooting the gently caress out of some nazis, the guns all feel mostly like impotent pea shooters.

like nothing feels heavy or hard hitting.

I have to disagree, the guns kick like hell and against normal soldiers, they feel powerful. especially the shotguns, they rip through limbs like paper

The problem is, there are lots of enemies walking around in giant suits of plate armor. Not that having powerful, bullet sponge enemies is a bad design choice, it breaks things up from just being all cover based enemies, but they’re all basically just varying strength versions of “armored guy with strong gun who walks at you slowly” and your only real tactic most of the time is to peek and shoot them a lot

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

an owls casket posted:

Raji isn't anything groundbreaking gameplay-wise, but the setting is really neat, and the story is okay riiiiiiight up to the very end when it seems like they ran out of money .

I'm actually really happy to see that title coming to gamepass. The trailers looked awesome but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on purchasing it on Switch or Xbox. Thanks Gamepass.

Also I've been really enjoying Forza Horizon 4. The opening segments were annoying because I just wanted to get out and drive my car around drat it, but once they open up the free roaming it gets so much better. I especially love driving extremely expensive cars off cliffs and through fields all while blasting classical music. Horizon got its hooks into me enough that I bought it and a bunch of the DLC.

I'm pretty hyped for Horizon 5 especially since it's coming to Gamepass. New mountains and cliffs for me to launch expensive cars off of :getin:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
90% of my time spent playing FH4 is just driving my super souped out Land Rover SUV back and forth around the windmill area trying to rack up a 2 million point combo, and I'll do it again tomorrow.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just booted up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with FPS boost, holy moly it feels like a different game. I only got a bit into it on PS4, it felt like absolute poo poo to play but at 60fps it's glorious

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Crimson Skies better have FPS boost or QoP will be very angry :haw:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

American McGay posted:

90% of my time spent playing FH4 is just driving my super souped out Land Rover SUV back and forth around the windmill area trying to rack up a 2 million point combo, and I'll do it again tomorrow.

Same except for a lamborghini in the hilly beach area

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

just booted up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with FPS boost, holy moly it feels like a different game. I only got a bit into it on PS4, it felt like absolute poo poo to play but at 60fps it's glorious
I got very excited for a minute until I realised you didn't say Human Revolution.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

I got very excited for a minute until I realised you didn't say Human Revolution.

tru HR fanatics are playing the WiiU port ONLY

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Cris Tales reviews seem really good so I'm going to try it out tonight. Thank you GamePass

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Bloodroots is really good. A perfect Game Pass game, as I am motivated enough to play through to the credits and then just uninstall.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Kins posted:

Here's the exact dates:

COMING:
Today: Battlefield V (Cloud), Cris Tales (Console/PC/Cloud)
July 22: Atomicrops (Console/PC/Cloud), Raji: An Ancient Epic (Console/PC/Cloud), Last Stop (Console/PC/Cloud)
July 26: Blinx: The Time Sweeper (Console/Cloud), Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge (Console/Cloud)
July 27: Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox Series)
July 29: Lethal League Blaze (Console/PC/Cloud), Omno (Console/PC/Cloud), Project Wingman (PC), The Ascent (Console/PC/Cloud)

GOING:
July 31: It Lurks Below (Console/PC), The Touryst (Console/PC/Cloud), UnderMine (Console/PC/Cloud)

crimson skies being added just makes me that much more sad that i can't play it online anymore

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

crimson skies being added just makes me that much more sad that i can't play it online anymore

Have I got good news for you

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/Original_Xbox_on_Xbox_One_XLink_Kai_Setup

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Death’s door looks very cool but as an Xbox exclusive indie I can’t be wrong in thinking it must come to gamepass right?

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Death’s door looks very cool but as an Xbox exclusive indie I can’t be wrong in thinking it must come to gamepass right?

No idea, but it's fairly clear that Game Pass is rewarding the patient.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The only money I'm spending on games these days is the money I've earned by gaining MS Reward points, which is about 10 bucks every 3 months and that money has an expiration date so I can't save it up for a big new game every time. Game Pass is keeping me busy enough. I don't know if Microsoft loves me or hates me now.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Basically anything on Xbox could come to Game Pass. If you want to wait that's fine.

The game costs barely more than a month of Game Pass Ultimate right now, so if it's something you really want to play I say pick it up. It seems really neat from the limited amount of time I've played it so far.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Zerot posted:

Basically anything on Xbox could come to Game Pass. If you want to wait that's fine.

The game costs barely more than a month of Game Pass Ultimate right now, so if it's something you really want to play I say pick it up. It seems really neat from the limited amount of time I've played it so far.

Yeah same I'm digging it. Good music too. I like how dying doesn't really punish you that much. Uh, is there map?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

The only money I'm spending on games these days is the money I've earned by gaining MS Reward points, which is about 10 bucks every 3 months and that money has an expiration date so I can't save it up for a big new game every time. Game Pass is keeping me busy enough. I don't know if Microsoft loves me or hates me now.

The points don't expire, don't turn them into store credit until you want to buy something.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The Diddler posted:

The points don't expire, don't turn them into store credit until you want to buy something.

Oh wow, didn't really think of that, thanks! This changes everything. Maybe not everything but some things for sure.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
If you're getting points from doing the auto redeem thing in Microsoft Rewards they do expire after 3 months. But only if you're specifically doing that.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Revisiting the original Dead Rising, which means I've been driving through the tunnels for several hours to rack up 54,000 kills. Does anyone remember if hiding in a bathroom until the clock runs out counts as an ending? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but want to make sure so I unlock the Real Mega Buster.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im playing it now its pretty good but kinda familiar like ive played this kind of isometric soulsy boss killing game a couple times before in titles like titan souls

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Revisiting the original Dead Rising, which means I've been driving through the tunnels for several hours to rack up 54,000 kills. Does anyone remember if hiding in a bathroom until the clock runs out counts as an ending? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but want to make sure so I unlock the Real Mega Buster.

Yeah, you don't need to for real beat the game for that.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Yes. You can wait out the clock and turn up at the helipad, or you can just miss it.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

You have to be on the helipad when time expires in order to unlock the buster but you're free to ignore all cases.

I've also had an itching to go back to DR, then I remember that it maybe has the worst control scheme of all time.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

welcome posted:

You have to be on the helipad when time expires in order to unlock the buster but you're free to ignore all cases.

I've also had an itching to go back to DR, then I remember that it maybe has the worst control scheme of all time.
Oh I didn't realise you had to be at the helipad! Ignore my previous post then.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Awesome, thanks for the answers!

welcome posted:

It's not too bad, but aiming a gun is weird as heck because it uses the left stick by default. Thankfully there's an alternate control scheme that moves it to the right stick, though that's all it does.

For me the hardest part was how slow Frank moves in the beginning. Until you get a speed upgrade it's almost like you're playing Morrowind.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I bought a bunch of Assassin’s Creed games during the last big sale and holy poo poo is Black Flag awesome. I’m having so much fun just sailing around with my pirate buddies collecting chests and raiding forts. It’s such a relief right after playing AC3 where I just mainlined through the story because everything felt like a chore.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I have just started playing Ryse : Son of Rome. It's pretty good! Not sure why that game completely passed me by all these years.

Kevyn posted:

I bought a bunch of Assassin’s Creed games during the last big sale and holy poo poo is Black Flag awesome. I’m having so much fun just sailing around with my pirate buddies collecting chests and raiding forts. It’s such a relief right after playing AC3 where I just mainlined through the story because everything felt like a chore.

AC Black Flag is very good, my favourite AC game.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Kevyn posted:

Go back and play 2 if you haven’t. It’s still the best game of the series imo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

which of the older AC games (if any??) are 60fps on Series X?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm going to lie to you and say none of them so you instead play better games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

I'm going to lie to you and say none of them so you instead play better games.

:hai:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Not Black Flag, that's for sure. Otherwise I'd be replaying it right now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just not the series for me. I didn't even like Black Flag.
I remember playing the very first one on PS3 and being bored out of my mind. then Syndicate, that was a big pile of poo poo

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

which of the older AC games (if any??) are 60fps on Series X?

Ezio Collection, AC3 Remastered, Rogue Remastered and Unity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
they did rogue but not black flag lmao