Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I think the toughest picks I had (in terms of not being sure if there was a player worth picking to play on a NHL roster) was from the Islanders and my Dallas Stars for what that's worth. Alot of the worst teams in the league intentionally left decent players unprotected for some unknowable reason...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I done broked the Simulator. I'm getting $NaN/(cap floor/ceiling) now.

There are some teams where the entire roster is garbage and finding even one player to pick is tough.

I think the key here is using a few picks to be leaders/core of the AHL side and not actually trying to find a NHL player.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

VOTE1 posted:

I think the key here is using a few picks to be leaders/core of the AHL side and not actually trying to find a NHL player.

This is a good point.

Yeah, this is a mix of “holy hell I don’t know any young players except for my teams” and also “holy hell that person is still playing ? “

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

VOTE1 posted:

I went with the best player available approach, with consideration to cap flexibility. So yeah, I ended up with a team where Shayne Gostisbehere is the 10th defenseman on the roster lol. The idea would be you can trade these highly desirable contracts (and maybe Gostisbehere isn't the best example of a highly desirable contract but you get the idea) after the expansion draft to practically anyone for picks or prospects if need be and from there you can populate your AHL roster.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Cool I'm in.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Duckman2008 posted:

This is a good point.

Yeah, this is a mix of “holy hell I don’t know any young players except for my teams” and also “holy hell that person is still playing ? “

Extremely this. It doesn't help that I haven't paid attention to hockey in like two years at this point.

My team comes in at like 74m, but I figure not everyone makes it to September.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Submitted a team. I'll post it after the expansion draft happens. Then again I'm a newly minted Kraken fan who knows hardly anything about the current state of hockey so I wouldn't put too much stake in my picks!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

JawKnee posted:

I've taken him and tried to leave enough cap space for a 10m/yr contract

I also took Ryan Johansen which I guess was a bad idea?! but I think is more likely than Duchene or Tarasenko

Now I feel bad because I took Landeskog and spent almost to the cap.

But I was playing the "get as many good guys whose name I know as I can without making salary number go red" game instead of a real guess at what Seattle will do or what will make for a good, balanced team on the ice.

There were definitely some teams that it was rough and I just took random dude who costs $700,000.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Just submitted my list, knowing next to nothing about most of the players I submitted.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
No, you can't all have the worst submissions, because mine was the worst submission.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yep. I have high hopes for <checks notes> Blake Lizotte? and Julius Honka?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I tried to choose a reasonable, well-balanced team, meaning I pretty much have no chance of winning anything

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

grack posted:

I tried to choose a reasonable, well-balanced team, meaning I pretty much have no chance of winning anything

you'll probably finish better than me, in very predictable fashion (see all my SA fantasy draft teams) I ended up with a roster full of grindy possession driving 3rd line forwards and 2nd pairing defensemen.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1416790214379507716?s=19

Not sure if this an indication on if the draft is good or if the Pacific is bad. Probably both!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

My absolutely terrible picks have been submitted. Please feel free to mock me when my score is revealed.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Here are my picks, if you need to cheat from me then you are also going to do badly

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/485792

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

All I'm saying out of the gate about my team is ownership took a look at the division, saw what Vegas did four years ago, and said "do that".

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
rob Florida?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I too, will play.

e: Fabulous prizes acquired

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 21, 2021

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I have submitted my picks.

I'm gonna win.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I just checked submissions and there are two in there from vote1

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Team submitted. I did a quick run through trying to pick the best performing players while being under the cap, having 20 players under contract, and 14F/9D/3G.

techno allah
Sep 29, 2005

Team submitted. My expert armchair GMing will surely come in handy.

Also San jose, Dallas, Arizona....slim pickings there.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hand Knit posted:

I just checked submissions and there are two in there from vote1

Are you saying vote 1 voted 2 times ?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

techno allah posted:

Team submitted. My expert armchair GMing will surely come in handy.

Also San jose, Dallas, Arizona....slim pickings there.

San Jose was hard. I just took the cheapest contract. That is probably the advice the scouting team gave Francis.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
My dumb bad team has been submitted.

darkwolf220 posted:

San Jose was hard. I just took the cheapest contract. That is probably the advice the scouting team gave Francis.

Ryan Donato is a decent'ish player who is RFA so cost controlled for now with solid numbers in a reduced role. Bottom 6 fodder that could be used as a trade throw in as well.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I am not certain but I'm pretty sure I chose oleksiak from Dallas on a total whim so I'm feeling smug right now (unless I am remembering wrong then ignore me)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Okay, my list is in. P sure no one is selecting guys like Zucker and Dadonov but I like em, so screw it.

I'm 100,000k over the cap, but I'll be sending a few guys down to the A. Is that okay or is the team invalid?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Cocaine Bear posted:

Okay, my list is in. P sure no one is selecting guys like Zucker and Dadonov but I like em, so screw it.

I'm 100,000k over the cap, but I'll be sending a few guys down to the A. Is that okay or is the team invalid?

In theory Francis could select dudes and then flip them to other teams so wouldn't worry about it.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

darkwolf220 posted:

Most mocks have Kraken taking Gambrell. A cheap young Center who is from the Seattle area.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

If I don't hear back from them I guess I just delete the latter entry.

Looks like two ones... make a one.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol my team is going to be the least accurate prediction

I wish I had waited a couple more days instead of doing it as soon as i had my projection sheet done..

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, I saw the Larsson and Oleksiak(maybe?) signings before I submitted but kept my wrong selections because I'm making a team I would make screw the rules.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Starsfan posted:

lol my team is going to be the least accurate prediction

I wish I had waited a couple more days instead of doing it as soon as i had my projection sheet done..

don't worry, you'll just win the other side of the contest where your team scores the most points compared to others' teams

except you wont do that because im going to win instead

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Leaks are coming out a bit earlier than I had hoped. Any submissions after now will not count to the for the accuracy avatar. But they still count towards the grand prize.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

err... hmm....

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

whatis posted:

don't worry, you'll just win the other side of the contest where your team scores the most points compared to others' teams

except you wont do that because im going to win instead

Yeah this absolutely won't happen because I picked Yanni Gourde, Jared McCann, and 28 Colin Blackwell's.

**drat I didn't realize that Colin Blackwell scored at almost a 40 point pace last year maybe I will win lol

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

err... hmm....

I’m almost certainly a moron who could have double submitted, but the third wasn’t me!

\/ with bad guesses!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

VOTE1 posted:

I’m almost certainly a moron who could have double submitted, but the third wasn’t me!

Sounds like someone stuffed the ballot box !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Duckman2008 posted:

Sounds like someone stuffed the ballot box !

I hope it was just “Future Considerations” spammed 30x