Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Nerlens is like the second or third best center on the market unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I really hope you get your mediocre guard Dexo, I sure as heck don’t want him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ramadu posted:

the thing im most mad about with the suns losing isn't that they lost its that i cant even hate giannis and the bucks like i was able to jordan. giannis is just too pure

too bad its gonna be another 30 years and ill be dead before the suns have another chance to lose in the finals

I think the window is still open.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rick posted:

I really hope you get your mediocre guard Dexo, I sure as heck don’t want him.

uh. Who said I wanted him.

I don't think he's as good of a fit for the number he's gonna get for the Bulls. The Bulls need a lead initiator and a POA guard/wing defender, stuff than Lonzo is not good at, and although they could definitely use someone with Lonzo's skillset off ball, he's far from their most pressing need.

I was cool with the Bulls trading for him this past season because it would hopefully have theoretically just been Lauri or something. And a chance at taking a look.

That article, is legitimately just a loving good article about Lonzo's weaknesses and style of play, that I sent to some of my friends to try and get them to understand what Lonzo actually is as a player.

I am probably higher on Lonzo than you or Kibner. But I'm not like out here begging for the Bulls to get Lonzo and pay him more than like the 16-18 million a year that I'd value him at, as an upside play.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRk46KDsHk4/
Shaq's lifelong quest to put Dwight Howard down has gone from laughable, to pathetic, to funny

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

morestuff posted:

Nerlens is like the second or third best center on the market unfortunately

He had some decent games at the end of the year. Good bench rebounder and was feasting on weakside blocks. Still sucks at defense and can only really do vertical stuff, plus he's little more than a put back guy, but I can see how he'd be nice on a ton of teams as a backup.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lonzo should go to a team than needs a SG who is a secondary ball handler, wants to run more, and is ok with most of the offense from the 2 guard to be spot-ups. Bulls are a bad choice, they have too many guys who should be secondary ball handlers.

Dallas would be a great place for Lonzo, though they probably need more help than he can provide.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I have absolutely no idea what to expect from the next Clippers season. Not a clue.

Kawhi will likely be out for the regular season, but could be back in time for the playoffs. Doubt he would be keen to rush back though. Or maybe he doesn't even resign with the Clippers. Who knows!

Even if they can somehow resign everybody, it would probably be foolish to expect another hi-performance season from Reggie and Batum. But it does seem like the LAC system really brings out the best in them. It's anyone's guess!

Will Terance Mann continue to be the man? Will Jay Scrubb be a scrub? Will Ibaka's back be BACK? Will we get Playoff P or Pandemic P? hosed if I know.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

jackson frank is real good

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

OzFactor posted:

So, I figured by now there'd be a separate Olympics forum like there always has been, but has anyone figured out how they're going to watch all the basketball games? Am I going to have to pay NBC some for some weird streaming thing? I want to watch all of Nigeria's path to the gold medal.

Same. There’s always those ad-filled streams from Reddit at least

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

OzFactor posted:

So, I figured by now there'd be a separate Olympics forum like there always has been, but has anyone figured out how they're going to watch all the basketball games? Am I going to have to pay NBC some for some weird streaming thing? I want to watch all of Nigeria's path to the gold medal.

I don't know how peacock works for the olympics but I know there is a free version for watching some tv shows.

Edit: looking at their site, it specifically mentions upgrading for men’s basketball so they aren’t free there.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 22, 2021

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRk46KDsHk4/
Shaq's lifelong quest to put Dwight Howard down has gone from laughable, to pathetic, to funny

Nobody deserves it more than dwight tbh

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BallySports/status/1417912182428274690?s=19

Buh bye Jerry.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
hehestreams is dead

:rip:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Stevie Lee posted:

hehestreams is dead

Another thing Lockback is wrong about add it to the list

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Rick posted:

I think the window is still open.

It absolutely is. I’m bummed we lost too but the gloom posting is a bit ridiculous imo. At least ol ramadu isn’t toxxing on a team he doesn’t even root for, allegedly

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The suns are young and have cap space, which means they can still threaten contention even if Chris Paul leaves. It's great to learn the finals shortcomings of your team before your core has aged out of their primes and everyone is making 40m a year.

Lebron is getting old, the warriors are done, the clippers are great but always teetering on a knife edge of injury luck. Denver is pretty much stuck with what they have. The suns can still add people and have time to draft players and have them develop.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I've started a top 100 for this offseason. Slight rule change that instead of voting to drop a player 10 spots, now the vote is to swap a player with another player 5-20 spots below them. Also you can use your action to star a player rather than vote them up or down at least for the first week

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974158

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
VIA Windhorst: Christian Wood was available and would have accepted an offer, but Team USA chose Javale.

Also part of Durant accepting meant that he had input on the team. Javale is friends with Durant and Draymond. Also made one of those "I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT KEVIN LOVE BEING PICKED FOR THE TEAM" things re Durant

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Stevie Lee posted:

hehestreams is dead

Crud. They were awesome for me. That sucks.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1418058842659823618?s=19

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lockback posted:

Ayton still had a good series, he just wasn't as dominant. He was 14.7/12 on 53% FG% and 90+% FT (almost 60% TS). With 1.5 steals AND blocks per game. He had a positive +/- per game too.

I mean undress Perk but the Ayton slander is getting to me.

The problem was that he looked like a killer in the Clips series, had that crazy 22/19 game 1 and he really faltered after game 2. Two games with early foul trouble, and that crazy alley-oop block in another made him look real bad.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

California Classic going to be lit
https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/1417896198107717637

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

VIA Windhorst: Christian Wood was available and would have accepted an offer, but Team USA chose Javale.

Also part of Durant accepting meant that he had input on the team. Javale is friends with Durant and Draymond. Also made one of those "I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT KEVIN LOVE BEING PICKED FOR THE TEAM" things re Durant

Do you think KD completely retires from basketball after he's done playing or do you think he becomes the worst FO person in post-playing career history?

He's so addicted to Twitter that I could see him being like a salty snarky version of Magic and foregoing FO stuff.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Well great now I want GM KD to defend draft picks and trades in tiktok comment threads

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
is my best friend Kawhi coming back to the Clippers or is he going to Dallas or Miami or something.

I hate changing teams so much

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

a neat cape posted:

is my best friend Kawhi coming back to the Clippers or is he going to Dallas or Miami or something.

I hate changing teams so much

Imo players should change to a team who wants them of their choice.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

uh. Who said I wanted him.

I don't think he's as good of a fit for the number he's gonna get for the Bulls. The Bulls need a lead initiator and a POA guard/wing defender, stuff than Lonzo is not good at, and although they could definitely use someone with Lonzo's skillset off ball, he's far from their most pressing need.

I was cool with the Bulls trading for him this past season because it would hopefully have theoretically just been Lauri or something. And a chance at taking a look.

That article, is legitimately just a loving good article about Lonzo's weaknesses and style of play, that I sent to some of my friends to try and get them to understand what Lonzo actually is as a player.

I am probably higher on Lonzo than you or Kibner. But I'm not like out here begging for the Bulls to get Lonzo and pay him more than like the 16-18 million a year that I'd value him at, as an upside play.

Yeah, that article is pretty spot on able everything. I mostly just quibble at what he considers a pull - up and an on-the-move 3. But that is also what makes me lower on him than most.

I've been saying for a while now that anything more than 20M would be too much and even 18M could hamper the rest of the roster constitution.

He's a fine player, just not for the role he wants to play and money he wants to make, imo.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Lonzo should go to a team than needs a SG who is a secondary ball handler, wants to run more, and is ok with most of the offense from the 2 guard to be spot-ups. Bulls are a bad choice, they have too many guys who should be secondary ball handlers.

Dallas would be a great place for Lonzo, though they probably need more help than he can provide.

As that article showed, secondary ball - handler is not in his wheelhouse. Those guys still need to be able to playmake in the half court and he just doesn't. A secondary ball handler that can't get into the paint, even with a screen from Adams, does not have a good enough handle and burst to be a secondary ball handler.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jota posted:

jackson frank is real good

Yeah, he has great analysis on many players. That writing made me roll my eyes a lot, though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kibner posted:

Yeah, that article is pretty spot on able everything. I mostly just quibble at what he considers a pull - up and an on-the-move 3. But that is also what makes me lower on him than most.

I've been saying for a while now that anything more than 20M would be too much and even 18M could hamper the rest of the roster constitution.

He's a fine player, just not for the role he wants to play and money he wants to make, imo.

But yeah most of my Lonzo I guess you'd call it upside potential belief comes from the fact that he's seemingly gotten better offensively every year. And he's had to like completely remake his shot. Any young player who's put in that much work I'll have some belief in being able to keep either addressing their weaknesses, or make their strengths better to cover said weaknesses.

But he's not top on my list of Bulls free agents to spend 20 million on or whatever.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Noooooo

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Stevie Lee posted:

hehestreams is dead

drat, this freaking sucks

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Stevie Lee posted:

hehestreams is dead

Dang. They worked out pretty well this year.

Maybe VPNs will work with league pass this coming season.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dexo posted:

But yeah most of my Lonzo I guess you'd call it upside potential belief comes from the fact that he's seemingly gotten better offensively every year. And he's had to like completely remake his shot. Any young player who's put in that much work I'll have some belief in being able to keep either addressing their weaknesses, or make their strengths better to cover said weaknesses.

But he's not top on my list of Bulls free agents to spend 20 million on or whatever.

Yeah, his TS% progression is .444, .487, .517, .551 and his 3pt% progression is .305, .329, .375, .378 without a drop in his usage% (17.4, 16.9, 18.5, 20.5) or by taking less 3pt shots per game (5.7, 4.9, 6.3, 8.3) and he's only 23 years old.

He's obviously not one of those players that can plug into just about any team and be successful, but that's solid progression and on the right team, there's no reason to think he won't continue to grow.

Not that he has a star ceiling or anything, but I definitely think that the right team signing him at 20 mil isn't a mistake.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Boonoo posted:

Dang. They worked out pretty well this year.

Maybe VPNs will work with league pass this coming season.

Huh? That’s how I used League Pass the entire year

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Doesn’t League Pass suck? I think I have heard it is very bad.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

Huh? That’s how I used League Pass the entire year

Oh yeah? Nice!

It wasn’t working during the preseason, so I switched to hehe instead of reupping.

Googling around then it seemed like the NBA was cracking down. I guess the VPNs figured it out pretty quick.

Yoshi Wins posted:

It depends. In the US it’s expensive and you still have to deal with blackouts. With an international account my main complaints (from the 19-20 season) were that I had to leave full screen to scrub forward or backward in a game and that their stupid timeout quizzes would sometimes get locked on.

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 22, 2021

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Yoshi Wins posted:

It does if you don't use anything to get around fhe blackout games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I saw a Raptors blog suggest Lonzo to let FVV focus on shooting, seems like it might work, and Toronto could use a good defender in the backcourt