Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Larryb posted:

Makes sense. Boba and Omega are of course the exceptions to the rule due to both of them being unaltered clones.

Speaking of, it’s been said before but I’m hoping that Omega lives through this series and gets to meet her big brother at some point.

There's a hell of a lot of speculation that Omega will show up as an adult in Book of Boba Fett, and that's why she's in Bad Batch. That's probably wishful thinking but i don't think its completely impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There hasn’t been any confirmation whether Bad Batch will be getting a second season yet has there? Though if not I suppose it’s possible they could still manage to give us a satisfying conclusion in the 4 episodes we have remaining.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

twistedmentat posted:

There's a hell of a lot of speculation that Omega will show up as an adult in Book of Boba Fett, and that's why she's in Bad Batch. That's probably wishful thinking but i don't think its completely impossible.

Ordinarily, I'd say that was some Mephisto level delusion.

But Filoni does so love rubbing his toys together.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Ordinarily, I'd say that was some Mephisto level delusion.

But Filoni does so love rubbing his toys together.

Yup, Adult Omega, played by Frankie Adams to replace Terftrooper, do it.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

twistedmentat posted:

Yup, Adult Omega, played by Frankie Adams to replace Terftrooper, do it.

Name seems familiar, quick google and…

:hmmyes:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

CaptainCrunch posted:

Name seems familiar, quick google and…

:hmmyes:

It only only makes sense if she has the Wrecker mutation. Bobbie on the Expanse is basically Wrecker in power armor.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Frankie Adams in Mandalorian armor would break the internet.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
This makes me want half the cast of The Expanse showing up, like bring Amos along with no explanation and let insanity ensue.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Marsupial Ape posted:

Frankie Adams in Mandalorian armor would break the internet.
A good way to go TBH.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

fartknocker posted:

This makes me want half the cast of The Expanse showing up, like bring Amos along with no explanation and let insanity ensue.

Easy enough, just say adult Omega has her own ship and crew

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Arquinsiel posted:

A good way to go TBH.

I don’t know what is wrong with my brain, but Frankie Adams is hot as gently caress in that head to toe space marine armor.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Marsupial Ape posted:

I don’t know what is wrong with my brain, but Frankie Adams is hot as gently caress in that head to toe space marine armor.
Absolutely nothing is wrong with your brain and anyone who tells you there is something wrong is a filthy liar :colbert:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Arquinsiel posted:

Absolutely nothing is wrong with your brain and anyone who tells you there is something wrong is a filthy liar :colbert:

I’d post a pic for reference, but I can only find them on Pinterest. Fuckin’ Pinterest.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Every time I see some poor actor in a big complex suit of armor all I can think about is how much of a pain in the rear end it must be to do simple poo poo between takes, like just sitting and eating.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
You know you're middle-aged when you immediately think about how hard it would be to piss.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Every time I see some poor actor in a big complex suit of armor all I can think about is how much of a pain in the rear end it must be to do simple poo poo between takes, like just sitting and eating.

Apparently Sylvie's costume in Loki was specifically designed to allow her to breast feed without having to take the whole thing off.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You know you're middle-aged when you immediately think about how hard it would be to piss.

Back in high school, we had a senior tradition of dressing up for Halloween that my school took pretty seriously. My mom, who is a talented seamstress, was enlisted to help me make a Jedi costume based on Qui-Gon Jinn's outfit. I don't know what fabric she made that robe out of, but it looked perfect. I learned three things that day:

Those robes are heavy.
Jedi cannot go up and down stairs.
Jedi need someone to hold their robe outside of the bathroom

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

well... at least it doesn't have boob armor

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Arquinsiel posted:

Yea, it's like finding Gwendolyn Christie attractive in her armor in game of thrones.

Adam's already has the right accent.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Back in high school, we had a senior tradition of dressing up for Halloween that my school took pretty seriously. My mom, who is a talented seamstress, was enlisted to help me make a Jedi costume based on Qui-Gon Jinn's outfit. I don't know what fabric she made that robe out of, but it looked perfect. I learned three things that day:

Those robes are heavy.
Jedi cannot go up and down stairs.
Jedi need someone to hold their robe outside of the bathroom

That’s hilarious considering the whole point of them was to be that they’re not heavy and Jedi can do yoga in them.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

You misspelled Yoda.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Bad Batch 1x13: That was an alright world-building episode, though ultimately very little of consequence happened. When I first saw the Devaronian I wondered if he was a young Vizago (from Rebels) but fortunately that wasn't the case. I do like how Omega keeps convincing the BB, Cid, the Pykes, etc to do the right thing, and it was nice to see Cid put herself on the line for her.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed it but I was ready to see crosshair and dad batch to get back at it and start wrapping up the season with closing plot lines. Maybe next week.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

They took his horn :stonk:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder if the gundarks they met were the same that Anakin and Obi-Wan ran into

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

I wonder if the gundarks they met were the same that Anakin and Obi-Wan ran into
I’m sure Wrecker was able to pull the ears off at least one.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Urdnot Fire posted:

I’m sure Wrecker was able to pull the ears off at least one.

Omega with floppy gundark ear headband when

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vinylshadow posted:

:vince:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The leader of the Pike had the same voice actor as AP-5 from Rebels.

And as soon as they cut off Roland Durand's horn, it almost made me think he was going to be Vizago.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And as soon as they cut off Roland Durand's horn, it almost made me think he was going to be Vizago.

Wrong horn, though I suppose it's possible he and Vizago could eventually form the Broken Horn Syndicate together.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Must be like losing a thumb in the Yakuza.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Whyd they give vizago a chumor

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This episode screams "THIS WILL COME BACK". There has to be a second season in the pipe considering at the end they're introducing new characters and plot threads.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

This episode screams "THIS WILL COME BACK". There has to be a second season in the pipe considering at the end they're introducing new characters and plot threads.

Yea Omega being like "hes prolly not that bad a guy" or whatever is absolutely setting up this guy helping the crew out in some future episode as payback for getting his life spared

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The leader of the Pike had the same voice actor as AP-5 from Rebels.

Yeah, it was fun hearing Liam O'Brien being extremely Liam O'Brien. I also like that the two buddies in Cid's bar are played by O'Brien and Sam Riegel, two real life best friends.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It's strange, animated stuff rarely appeals to me (never watched any of the previous SW series) but despite very little ever really happening in this show, I keep tuning in week after week and have become terribly fond of the gang anyway. Plus I guess I just dig the whole small scale adventures during the awful Empire consolidation period thing, and seeing cool clone dudes like that Howzer guy last week. I dread to think what's going to happen to all those guys by the time it's all over.

One silly nerd question: other that To Sell Toys, why do the Dads keep on in their unique and distinctive armour? Wouldn't they - well, Wrickah! excepted - have an easier time keeping unnoticed dressed as regular clone troopers?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, it was fun hearing Liam O'Brien being extremely Liam O'Brien. I also like that the two buddies in Cid's bar are played by O'Brien and Sam Riegel, two real life best friends.

It's nice seeing that kind of dynamic translate from real life to works they're in

Happens between Starkiller and Proxy in The Force Unleashed as well, since Sam and David (also the sound editor) are best friends in real life
Hearing all the stories that went into that game's production on Sam's Twitch archives is fantastic

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Sentinel Red posted:

It's strange, animated stuff rarely appeals to me (never watched any of the previous SW series) but despite very little ever really happening in this show, I keep tuning in week after week and have become terribly fond of the gang anyway. Plus I guess I just dig the whole small scale adventures during the awful Empire consolidation period thing, and seeing cool clone dudes like that Howzer guy last week. I dread to think what's going to happen to all those guys by the time it's all over.

One silly nerd question: other that To Sell Toys, why do the Dads keep on in their unique and distinctive armour? Wouldn't they - well, Wrickah! excepted - have an easier time keeping unnoticed dressed as regular clone troopers?

Pretty sure their armor is customized to their specialties. Tech seems to have better communications gear, Hunter has that tracking gear we see him use in the cave monster episode, Wrecker's is probably reinforced to survive all the damage he does to it, Crosshair had better targeting, and of course Echo can only use his custom gear because of the cybernetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Also, they're really not that bright when it comes to anything not "being a clone trooper".

Okay, that's a bit mean, they're only 10-15 years old and spent their entire lives in an ocean of indoctrination before losing everything they ever knew. Doing things like buying a different ship and repainting their armour have probably never occurred to them.

Tactical fighting stuff? Sure, they're the best. Being able to do the shopping without setting something on fire? Not so much.

Which is why it's lucky they have Cid and Omega to do the thinking for them.

Phylodox posted:

I love his deadpan voice. It's just so "I am so tired of all this bullshit".

Embarrassed I didn't catch that he was one of the stool warmers in the bar.