Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Potential options:
- Cassidy's Memorial Service?
- Anniversary of Team Alchemical's death?
- Birthday of one of Team Alchemical's members?
- Just another manic Monday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

maltesh posted:

Potential options:
- Cassidy's Memorial Service?
- Anniversary of Team Alchemical's death?
- Birthday of one of Team Alchemical's members?
- Just another manic Monday?

I'm thinking HP is going with Undine to talk to Tessa, and either Tessa or Undine proposed meeting at the graves to "see their friends" in the metaphorical sense.

Alternatively, Undine decided to visit the graves on her own and asked HP to go with her because it'll be emotionally taxing.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Undine found out that Tessa visits the graves every day after school, so she's going to ambush her there where Tessa can't pretend she's asleep or not home.

I think Kokoro is going to try talking to her dad - that's been on her mind recently since Mingxing brought it up.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Twibbit posted:

Surprised to see Gabby helping Vedika train as she has been very hands off with the training group

It's Harley, not Gabby

I made the same mistake until seeing the mark.....

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Oh, neat catch from someone on the Discord.

Compare the graves in chapter 12 to the ones today:

Lisa Smithson's grave is new. Someone else had died in the last few days.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tenebrais posted:

Undine found out that Tessa visits the graves every day after school, so she's going to ambush her there where Tessa can't pretend she's asleep or not home.

I think Kokoro is going to try talking to her dad - that's been on her mind recently since Mingxing brought it up.

It’s this. Undine and HP outlined their plans only a couple of pages ago. Hopefully HP will get some reconciliation and emotional closure. I don’t think Undine has good chances on that front.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

girl dick energy posted:

That last panel gave me loving whiplash.

It's almost identical in setup to a "smash cut to character's gravestone after doing something stupid" gag.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tenebrais posted:

Oh, neat catch from someone on the Discord.

Compare the graves in chapter 12 to the ones today:

Lisa Smithson's grave is new. Someone else had died in the last few days.

Presumably the 'unusually rough night'

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-18-page-10

Countdown to disaster.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
:ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Goops gonna show up

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tessa looking scruffier in every appearance. She's not even brushing her hair now.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/SleeplessDomain/status/1416598014538522626?s=19

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This poor girl looks so haggard.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

This isn’t going too bad

Yet

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

This isn’t going too bad

Yet

Well, Tessa's just had a whole new reason to blame herself.

If the whole incident in chapter 2 had just been bad luck, it was possible that had Tessa been with them she'd have been caught out too - meaning that by staying out of the team she's as much the reason two are still alive than the reason three are dead.
But with a hostile intelligence making it happen, she doesn't have that out. Her friends got killed as a direct result of her actions.

Sure, it's not a generous interpretation of events for Tessa, but she's not going to give herself a generous interpretation.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Well, Tessa's just had a whole new reason to blame herself.

If the whole incident in chapter 2 had just been bad luck, it was possible that had Tessa been with them she'd have been caught out too - meaning that by staying out of the team she's as much the reason two are still alive than the reason three are dead.
But with a hostile intelligence making it happen, she doesn't have that out. Her friends got killed as a direct result of her actions.

Sure, it's not a generous interpretation of events for Tessa, but she's not going to give herself a generous interpretation.

Also Goops is clearly trying to get to her now, so it's easy to extrapolate from there that Goops literally did it because of Tessa even if realistically yes Goops was jsut going for whoever and then took interest at the girl who gave up her powers like that

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This page makes me think that Tess doesn't know the letters on the window are goops.

My sense of dread is just building and building.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

rannum posted:

Also Goops is clearly trying to get to her now, so it's easy to extrapolate from there that Goops literally did it because of Tessa even if realistically yes Goops was jsut going for whoever and then took interest at the girl who gave up her powers like that

Goops is probably either exploring the seal/block that forms once a magical girl burns out and stops them from getting their power again (or being touched/contacted by the magical power giving lady?) or the transfer of power (as part of Tessa’s went to Undine) as a means to do… something. Exploiting Tessa’s absences to take out a whole team then contacting her means she probably was aware of how powerful Tessa was and worth looking into now that she’s somewhat out of the equation.

She provably wants to learn how to absorb steal MG power/energy instead of just killing them.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Wittgen posted:

This page makes me think that Tess doesn't know the letters on the window are goops.

My sense of dread is just building and building.

That hadn't occurred to me, but yeah, huh. From Tess's perspective, what's happening is the barrier just started texting her one day.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it did. Goops does seem to be a part of the walls.

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

It's hard for me to keep track of everything, has Tess gotten more than one Goops message?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief posted:

It's hard for me to keep track of everything, has Tess gotten more than one Goops message?

We can't know the answer to that yet since we don't know where the "So, what did you want to talk about?" conversation went. We only saw the start of that exchange.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Undine is actually talking about Gabby.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what do we think Goops tragic backstory is, anyway.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Normally, when a magical girl burns out from overusing her magic, her symbol fades away (as seen with the most recent flashback), but Tessa's is an ugly scar. I think there's something to that, and I suspect that Goops is involved.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

girl dick energy posted:

Normally, when a magical girl burns out from overusing her magic, her symbol fades away (as seen with the most recent flashback), but Tessa's is an ugly scar. I think there's something to that, and I suspect that Goops is involved.

I think you’re misremembering a bit.

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-34

When Starlight Spears mark fades it leaves behind a bloody wound that would, I think we can reasonably infer, heal up to look very similar to Tessa’s scar. Second to last panel.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, so I am! Never mind.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I thought the blood was from the arm injury.

Oh, you mean on her hand.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Yeah the place where her mark was is also bleeding. Tessa's mark probably looked about the same shortly after healing Undine.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I hope Zoe never has to deal with that. Since her mark is on her eye and everything.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Seems to only turn into a scar if you burn out so, hopefully she’ll “retire” a bit more gracefully than that.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Is there a breakthrough in the works?

https://twitter.com/SleeplessDomain/status/1418128397478289411?s=19

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Evil Tessa seems too trite

wonder if she'll just grab yet another opportunity to blame herself in a kind of self-consciously self-sabotaging way

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Yay the cracking panels are back

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tessa please don't have a breakdown. :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MJeff posted:

Tessa please don't have a breakdown. :(

Way too late for that.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Worried she's gonna try to confront Goops on her own.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

Worried she's gonna try to confront Goops on her own.

This sounds pretty plausible. Tessa keeping her cards to her chest, trying to confront Goops without ever telling Undine she has a lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

" So window buddy, Did ya kill my friends?

You have to tell me if you killed my friends"