Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the one that was playing when I tuned in sounded like it had a pretty good Kanye verse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

propyleneglycol
Jan 11, 2019

abraham linksys posted:

this is like a legendary trainwreck of an album except every dude i know who listens to joe rogan is going to be loving insufferable about how good it is

thank god i don't have to go back to an office anytime soon

Joe rogan is actually good because he listens to people from both sides. We actually need to hear Alex jones talk more so we can fuel real discourse

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I swear to god if Kanye puts this poo poo out at midnight man

too much money riding on it for him not to

maybe we get a long trail of patch notes like with pablo but unless he was dropping this poo poo in early access while he works on writing some bridges and verses and replacing half the beats he aint gonna fix this

propyleneglycol
Jan 11, 2019
Just realized we got no griselda

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Pablo is really a miracle to be so good right before the dropoff

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'll take the travis scott song, roddy ricch, and the hov one.

Everything else I do not care for.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kanye finish an album before doing promotion challenge

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013

propyleneglycol posted:

Just realized we got no griselda

there was Gunn brrs on the pop smoke track lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I didn’t listen to live stream and will not be listening to the album. Who wants to play Guess The Pitchfork Score with me? I’m going 6.8

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
wait is the 'one with Travis Scott' the one that was already a single, Wash Us In The Blood, or a different one

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I didn’t listen to live stream and will not be listening to the album. Who wants to play Guess The Pitchfork Score with me? I’m going 6.8

4.8? was going to say maybe a flat 5.0 but they only give that to things with no ambition and this, at least, had that

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Junpei posted:

wait is the 'one with Travis Scott' the one that was already a single, Wash Us In The Blood, or a different one

Different one

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

An almost instantly embarrassing 10

propyleneglycol
Jan 11, 2019
Is push actually dropping an album this year

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yo! NMD Raps - Donda is a reason to not breathe

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Art Core...velay posted:

there was Gunn brrs on the pop smoke track lol

Wow

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

"Made in the image of God/That's a selfie"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

People saying there are songs that were played at vegas listening party that were not played tonight.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

People saying there are songs that were played at vegas listening party that were not played tonight.

2018 ye vibes. lol

propyleneglycol
Jan 11, 2019

I’m convinced he recorded all of these songs in the last 48 hours

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That pop smoke sample was just not it man.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Folks are saying he cut most of the emotional tracks or something from the Atlanta party to not embarrass Kim or some poo poo lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Skeezy posted:

Folks are saying he cut most of the emotional tracks or something from the Atlanta party to not embarrass Kim or some poo poo lol

drat if those songs were the emotional ones, then what were these lmfao

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

abraham linksys posted:

4.8? was going to say maybe a flat 5.0 but they only give that to things with no ambition and this, at least, had that

Vince MechMahon posted:

An almost instantly embarrassing 10

For references sake they gave Ye a 7.1. I’m mostly just curious what it would take for them to give one of his albums a score below 7!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

For references sake they gave Ye a 7.1. I’m mostly just curious what it would take for them to give one of his albums a score below 7!

if this is not a 6.X then idk what is from pitchfork.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I guess 808s and Heartbreak was the exception rather than the rule of "Kanye + sadness and heartbreak = great music"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yup

https://twitter.com/PhotosOfKanye/status/1418402042830331912?s=20

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

...by making you a lame as gently caress republican

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
"He cut songs" says a 37 year old kanye west fan

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

giving new lovely kanye west albums high review scores is the modern version of giving old good kanye west albums bad scores

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
very sorry to all those who took time out to listen to that

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
How many rappers have made good or great albums after 40? Kinda curious now. Rap never seemed like the genre for an old man johnny cash style redemption arc.
Pablo really is the cutoff.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN0I5xTjaGo

save us Vince

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
I'm kinda waiting for this Trippe Redd album to drop tbh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsVlOIWEsuw

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Punkin Spunkin posted:

How many rappers have made good or great albums after 40? Kinda curious now. Rap never seemed like the genre for an old man johnny cash style redemption arc.

How old were the tribe called quest dudes on their last one

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

4:44 was good. We got it from here, thank you for your service.

Benny is drat near 40 IIRC

How Old is Lupe?

Anyone who can actually like write and Rap can stay relevant at an old age.

Kanye was never a good writer or rapper. Great producer, and outside of these things clearly being mixed in 3 hours, his beats were good. He was great at selling other people's writing tho.

And when he alienated his writers then welp.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Old rappers have poo poo production. That tribe album didn't sound like midnight marauders.
RTJ is old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHLKHL_whs