Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The one sketch I always remember is the one in the first movie where Johnny Knoxville fights Butterbean, gets knocked the gently caress out and someone asks “Is Butterbean okay?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
A bit of Jackass trivia for you all.

Apparently, the cast did the third Jackass movie completely sober. This was in solidarity with Steve-O, who was going through rehab and trying to go clean. That is why you see a lot of the cast show hesitation and even fear more than usual.

I like the second movie best.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Forceholy posted:

Apparently, the cast did the third Jackass movie completely sober. This was in solidarity with Steve-O, who was going through rehab and trying to go clean. That is why you see a lot of the cast show hesitation and even fear more than usual.

That's really cool

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The one sketch I always remember is the one in the first movie where Johnny Knoxville fights Butterbean, gets knocked the gently caress out and someone asks “Is Butterbean okay?”

Johnny asks if Butterbean is OK when he comes too.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I wish I had friends like that tbh

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mr Hootington posted:

Johnny asks if Butterbean is OK when he comes too.

lmao it’s been some years. loving gold

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Forceholy posted:

Actually very sweet

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Forceholy posted:

same with the new one

which is why bam's not in it

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Calling up all my old friends to see this movie together. Finally a movie sequel worth watching.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It was Knoxville himself which makes him the funniest man to ever live.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

he's got a similar line in the new movie too (assuming this makes the cut)

quote:

Last year, shortly before Christmas, as filming was winding down, Knoxville and the crew drove out to the ranch of longtime Hollywood bull wrangler Gary Leffew. Knoxville has a long, painful, and unusually intimate history with the animals—he started doing stunts with them back in the Big Brother days, and they've featured heavily in many of his most iconic Jackass stunts. So it stood to reason that he wouldn't limp off into the sunset without one last appointment with a bull.

“You know exactly what you're going to get with bulls,” Knoxville told me with a sort of reverence. “They hate you. They hate anything that moves. If you're moving, they get very angry. And whether you're a person or an inanimate object, if it moves, bulls want to make it stop moving. Which is great for us.”

Steve-O tried to object. “Before he even got in the bullring,” Steve-O said, “I'm thinking, ‘Look, everything's been going really well. We arguably have a great movie in the can. We don't need to be doing this, and why the gently caress are we doing this?’ ” He was ultimately unpersuasive.

The bit they'd worked out called for Knoxville to perform a magic trick for the bull, which would then send him flying. But the hit the animal delivered was unusually violent, and as Knoxville was tossed skyward, he did one and a half rotations in the air. “His head was the first thing to stop all that momentum. So it was a bad one,” Tremaine recalled. “I'll never loving unsee it,” Steve-O said.

Knoxville lay in the dirt, unconscious in the bullring for over a minute. “I think he was snoring,” Tremaine said. When Knoxville came to, he asked what had happened. The assembled crew filled him in. “Well,” Knoxville said, “I guess that bull just didn't like magic.”

https://www.gq.com/story/johnny-knoxvilles-last-rodeo

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

RandolphCarter posted:

"Johnny where are we going?"

"to the hospital"

"why?"

"I think I'm a little concussed..."

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
does anyone remember Dinner and a Movie?

I feel like it was like 5 years ahead of dvd commentary and 20 years ahead of steamers.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1417902219303718913

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-over-frat-boy-culture

Warning, sex pest poo poo and suicide. :stare:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I feel like it was like 5 years ahead of dvd commentary and 20 years ahead of steamers.

This the one that had beans and cornbread by louis jordan as the theme song? I remember it fondly but no details

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

slicing up eyeballs posted:

This the one that had beans and cornbread by louis jordan as the theme song? I remember it fondly but no details

yeah, that's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l2dO9eNFug

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wow holy poo poo that complaint is bad. :stare:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

that place sounds like a warzone

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Their current CEO is in the black book.

https://mobile.twitter.com/grmartin/status/1148482260632571904

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao he let his baby fall out a window so he could blow lines in the other room

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Lib and let die posted:

lmao he let his baby fall out a window so he could blow lines in the other room

Whom amongst us

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

No idea what it's about but I'm def gonna see it (when it hits streaming or something)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what’s the actual movie

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

nope

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
e: nope

It's called NOPE, which I think is p funny. No idea what it's about, all that's been released is the poster:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
he called it nope because thats what youll say when someone asks if you want to watch it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

we should be trying to make a routine where through comical misunderstandings its unclear that nope is the name of the movie because it also has a literal meaning that makes sense in this context

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

he called it nope because thats what youll say when someone asks if you want to watch it

lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i think the remake prospects for that are pretty grim considering no one likes miley cyrus anymore

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

stealth sequel to yes man

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Some Guy TT posted:

we should be trying to make a routine where through comical misunderstandings its unclear that nope is the name of the movie because it also has a literal meaning that makes sense in this context

pretend I photoshopped your avatar onto skinner in this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ETjwNs3Qus

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

i think the remake prospects for that are pretty grim considering no one likes miley cyrus anymore

Her cover of The Cranberries Zombie was pretty good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

Her cover of The Cranberries Zombie was pretty good

She needs to pivot from pop. Her voice is better in other genres

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I watched Twister last night and it's still so drat good. the cast is amazing.

also my wife had never seen it and when she told
me this is how I reacted.

https://youtu.be/525xrI009qQ?t=24s

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

theater chains and Hollywood executives will look up and shout “save us!” and I’ll look down and whisper, “nope”

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Movie host programs date back to like the 60s. That Svenghoulie guy is still going and he started in the 70s - I caught an episode where he showed King Kong Escapes like a month ago. And then there's MST3K of course.

I never liked Dinner w/ A Movie as a kid because they didn't talk about the movie enough , they just did an unrelated cooking show.

Mantis42 has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Jul 22, 2021

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I got a dinner and a movie cookbook as a gift once

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

theater chains and Hollywood executives will look up and shout “save us!” and I’ll look down and whisper, “seven figures per annum and a corner office”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHLKHL_whs

HE'S DONE IT AGAIN

also kanye's late on his new album, who could have foreseen this