Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
All the Celtics fans are too busy mailing anthrax to Russell Westbrook’s house to care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It doesn't feel right making fun of the Celtics since Ainge stepped down. Trading for Horford might be really funny but Brad Stevens needs to call Garden Edwards untouchable or something.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

a new study bible! posted:

Is it too much to ask to trade Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris for Dame, and then to sign Kawhi in free agency? That’s all I want.

Ben + Harris + Pick/Young player for Dame + RoCo

It would make the Blazers and 76ers really interesting for next year but idk if I'd want the team I followed to do it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1418647773566603269

lmao get vaccinated or you are trapped in your hotel room in vegas.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1418647773566603269

lmao get vaccinated or you are trapped in your hotel room in vegas.

Or worse, eat outdoors there in the summer.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
They should still do more testing if they have the capacity/infrastructure to do it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I still loving can't believe we won it all. It still hasn't sunk in yet.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Is this where we go to talk about fast food chains

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Chairchucker posted:

It's the offseason thread. Fast food chat, terrible Simmons trade chat, and an over representation of Timberwolves fans.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Doesn’t have to be chains, you can talk about the superiority of your local fast food

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CharlestheHammer posted:

KFC is apparently much better in every country but America.

It’s also tied to Christmas in Japan.

In Taiwan they sell a fried chicken skin sandwich

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/DeMar_DeRozan/status/1418736410035560453?s=19

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chairchucker posted:

I ate a stupid amount of Grill'd the year I spent in Australia. The zucchini fries were my obsession.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lockback posted:

an over representation of Timberwolves fans.

it is our time to shine!

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Strawberry Panda posted:

I ate a stupid amount of Grill'd the year I spent in Australia. The zucchini fries were my obsession.

Best Aussie fast food is Lord of the Fries.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Lockback posted:

It's the offseason thread. Fast food chat, terrible Simmons trade chat, and an over representation of Timberwolves fans.

We're gonna win it all (the lottery... And we'll draft Chet because he's a HOMETOWN BOY and he'll actually be bad)

Miss you Tyus

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hello this is a post about all the Rickys ever in the NBA because Ghost Dog questioned whether Ricky Rubio would even make a list of the top ten Rickys. He said Ricks, but since Rubio is a Ricky, I've generously corrected it.

The Rickys that have played in the NBA are as follows:

Ricky Berry, Ricky Blanton, Ricky Davis, Ricky Grace, Ricky Ledo, Ricky Marsh, Ricky Pierce, Ricky Rubio, Ricky Sobers, Ricky Wilson.

There are a total of ten Rickys, so first of all, yes. But that's not enough IMO, let's take a deeper dive into some of these Rickys.

Ricky Berry played only his rookie year and then shot himself to death in the offseason.

Ricky Blanton signed a 10 day contract and only played in two games total.

Ricky Davis played in 12 seasons and is therefore the first player I've come to who has a realistic shot at 'best Ricky'. Having a look at their career statistics, Ricky Davis has slightly more PPG, at 13.5 to Ricky's 11.0, but Ricky has him beat in assists (7.6 to 3.3) rebounds (4.2 to 3.5) and steals (1.8 to 1.0). Wasn't sure how to balance it all so I found a GmSc calculator instead. Davis has a career GmSc of 9.2, while Ricky Rubio's is 10.8, so by the available metrics I have, Rubio remains the best Ricky at this point in the list.

Ricky Grace played a total of three games with the Atlanta Hawks and spent the rest of his time in Australia's NBL.

Ricky Ledo played in 16 games over two seasons for the Mavericks, and the tail end of one Knicks season.

Ricky Marsh played only one season for the Warriors.

Ricky Pierce was an NBA All-Star in 1991 and 6th man of the year twice. At this stage in the list he probably fits in the top spot of the Rickys, bumping Rubio to number 2. Although embarrassingly for him, his career GmSc is only 10, slightly lower than Rubio's 10.8. Perhaps the standards for All Star were lower in the 90s.

Ricky Rubio is listed here for completeness and has a career GmSc of 10.8. No all star appearances which is why, despite his apparent superior performance over the length of his career, I've granted Pierce the top spot so far.

Ricky Sobers played 11 seasons in the NBA and seems to have been actually pretty decent. Records are a bit shaky from the 70s and 80s when he played, but his career GmSc is 8.5, putting him just under Ricky Davis.

Ricky Wilson only played one season in the NBA.

List of top Rickys according to my brief research just then:

1. Ricky Pierce. Despite having an inferior GmSc over his career, that one all star appearance means I give him the nod.
2. Ricky Rubio. Highest career GmSc of all Rickys.
3. Ricky Davis.
4. Ricky Sobers.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rickys real name is ricard, and hes the only one thats existed. so you gotta open it up to all rick, rickys, ricardos etc, which would make Derek Harper one of the best ricks of all time

you have also forgotten 1983 steals champ Rickey Green

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 24, 2021

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I can’t eat cheeseburgers anymore because I have terrible genetics, but if I were to have one again, it would no doubt be Five Guys and for that I say it is worth the price.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Also, LeBron James is the worst ever LeBron in the NBA.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ricky Barry

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ricky Rondo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Chairchucker posted:

Also, LeBron James is the worst ever LeBron in the NBA.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/charles-henri-bronchard-1.html

if only this guy could have made it he would have been Le Bron

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-07-23/nba-free-agency-2021-kawhi-leonard-chris-paul-key good news ghost dog

quote:

The top unrestricted free agents that teams will be pursuing are Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry, Utah point guard Mike Conley and San Antonio shooting guard DeMar DeRozan.

DeRozan, who starred at Compton High and USC, has interest in returning home to play for the Lakers, even if it is for less than the $27.7 million he earned last season in San Antonio, according to people not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

Though the Lakers didn’t acquire Lowry at the trade deadline, he remains interested in joining them, according to people with knowledge of his situation.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if kyle lowry or demar derozan want to sign for the minimum to backup alex caruso they can. just dont give them any playoff minutes

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Chairchucker posted:

Hello this is a post about all the Rickys ever in the NBA because Ghost Dog questioned whether Ricky Rubio would even make a list of the top ten Rickys. He said Ricks, but since Rubio is a Ricky, I've generously corrected it.

The Rickys that have played in the NBA are as follows:

Ricky Berry, Ricky Blanton, Ricky Davis, Ricky Grace, Ricky Ledo, Ricky Marsh, Ricky Pierce, Ricky Rubio, Ricky Sobers, Ricky Wilson.

There are a total of ten Rickys, so first of all, yes. But that's not enough IMO, let's take a deeper dive into some of these Rickys.

Ricky Berry played only his rookie year and then shot himself to death in the offseason.

Ricky Blanton signed a 10 day contract and only played in two games total.

Ricky Davis played in 12 seasons and is therefore the first player I've come to who has a realistic shot at 'best Ricky'. Having a look at their career statistics, Ricky Davis has slightly more PPG, at 13.5 to Ricky's 11.0, but Ricky has him beat in assists (7.6 to 3.3) rebounds (4.2 to 3.5) and steals (1.8 to 1.0). Wasn't sure how to balance it all so I found a GmSc calculator instead. Davis has a career GmSc of 9.2, while Ricky Rubio's is 10.8, so by the available metrics I have, Rubio remains the best Ricky at this point in the list.

Ricky Grace played a total of three games with the Atlanta Hawks and spent the rest of his time in Australia's NBL.

Ricky Ledo played in 16 games over two seasons for the Mavericks, and the tail end of one Knicks season.

Ricky Marsh played only one season for the Warriors.

Ricky Pierce was an NBA All-Star in 1991 and 6th man of the year twice. At this stage in the list he probably fits in the top spot of the Rickys, bumping Rubio to number 2. Although embarrassingly for him, his career GmSc is only 10, slightly lower than Rubio's 10.8. Perhaps the standards for All Star were lower in the 90s.

Ricky Rubio is listed here for completeness and has a career GmSc of 10.8. No all star appearances which is why, despite his apparent superior performance over the length of his career, I've granted Pierce the top spot so far.

Ricky Sobers played 11 seasons in the NBA and seems to have been actually pretty decent. Records are a bit shaky from the 70s and 80s when he played, but his career GmSc is 8.5, putting him just under Ricky Davis.

Ricky Wilson only played one season in the NBA.

List of top Rickys according to my brief research just then:

1. Ricky Pierce. Despite having an inferior GmSc over his career, that one all star appearance means I give him the nod.
2. Ricky Rubio. Highest career GmSc of all Rickys.
3. Ricky Davis.
4. Ricky Sobers.

I don't think I can countenance any assessment that places Ricky Rubio ahead of Ricky Davis, sorry.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ghost Dog posted:

if kyle lowry or demar derozan want to sign for the minimum to backup alex caruso they can. just dont give them any playoff minutes

I feel like Derozan would start over KCP at SG, but wasn't he playing PF for SA a lot last year? I swear that was a thing

I mean, someone would to take a hell of a discount or someone decides they want to give Schroeder a big deal but doesn't have capspace to sign him outright

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The only way the Lakers sign anyone significant this off season is if the league office forgets how the CBA works (unlikely) or another GM agrees to some dumb rear end sign and trade (quite possible).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Lakers becoming Toronto with LeBron instead of Kawhi is a weird future but I'm here for it.

My favorite thing was someone on Twitter yelling at Derozan because then they won't make a Westbrook trade, what a weird world.

tanglewood1420 posted:

The only way the Lakers sign anyone significant this off season is if the league office forgets how the CBA works (unlikely) or another GM agrees to some dumb rear end sign and trade (quite possible).

Depending on how things break they could have an MLE but yeah.

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 24, 2021

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I don't think I can countenance any assessment that places Ricky Rubio ahead of Ricky Davis, sorry.

I'm just going by the raw data, sorry if you don't like what the numbers say.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

I feel like Derozan would start over KCP at SG, but wasn't he playing PF for SA a lot last year? I swear that was a thing

I mean, someone would to take a hell of a discount or someone decides they want to give Schroeder a big deal but doesn't have capspace to sign him outright

my Actual Opinion is that lowry would be fine, demar would be dogshit. even with his first ever decent playoffs with san antonio he still averages out as a negative playoff player over his career. hes loving awful

like demars playoff career averages are worse than schroeders lovely playoffs this year, and schroeders bad play in the playoffs + his contract demands are why hes probably gone. why get a dude who is worse and costs more lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I actually hope the Lakers can manage to hold onto Schroeder, I really like his defense and he's the quickest PG we've had in a long time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah I would prefer just paying Schroder to sign and trading for DeRozan I assumed when he was saying he was taking less money we were talking MLE not still almost the max. I'm not even totally sure it's a great idea to hard cap over Lowry although it's more palatable.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Lockback posted:

Re-sign THT, trade him for Simmons, trade Simmons for Russell, trade Russell for THT, move 700 draft picks in the process

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Ghost Dog posted:

my Actual Opinion is that lowry would be fine, demar would be dogshit. even with his first ever decent playoffs with san antonio he still averages out as a negative playoff player over his career. hes loving awful

like demars playoff career averages are worse than schroeders lovely playoffs this year, and schroeders bad play in the playoffs + his contract demands are why hes probably gone. why get a dude who is worse and costs more lol

Dennis is not as good at basketball as DeMarr

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the lakers will sign demar to a ring chaser contract that looks like it says there's a no trade clause but it actually says he can not not be traded

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

DeRozan may be an unabashed shot chucker but he tries on defense too, unlike the man he's theoretically replacing

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

A small tear rolls down the cheek of Ricky Sanchez.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
i've become very enamored with the idea of swapping tobias harris for andrew wiggins please someone talk me down.

much like a hypothetical tobias for mccollum swap i think it's a trade of reasonably similar talent level with better fit on each side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Why, Tobias is better at basically everything