Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

autechre!

(the music that is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

i guess sean and rob could use something like that to make music too, sure

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

i had a walk-in shower room like that at a house we rented and it was absolutely the fuckin coolest and best thing, unironic

they look neat but i feel like if you slipped and fell against the wall you'd get road rash. probably hard to keep the mold out of all the crevices too.

i suppose you can make a walk in shower without the brick walls.

yeah those have been showing up all over aliexpress recently. at first i thought they were cutdowns from flawed 1080p panels maybe? recoup cost like binning silicon? but now they've started saying "automotive display" so there must be some new cars out there with long LCD strips in the dashboard.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001424188125.html

35 dollars for the panel, 60 with driver board. 60hz ips too. i'm tempted to get one for no reason

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

President Beep posted:

that world in mario 3 always gave me anxiety
same

being chased by something you can't kill or at least like knock out is fukken scary

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

they look neat but i feel like if you slipped and fell against the wall you'd get road rash.

i feel if you're slipping in the shower regularly you have larger concerns that require medical professionals, but yeah i do get it

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Jonny 290 posted:

i feel if you're slipping in the shower regularly you have larger concerns that require medical professionals, but yeah i do get it

R.I.P Yuri Gagarin :ussr:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

what the hell is this

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what the hell is this

A dev board from hell, apparently.

https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2018/11/09/why-you-should-care-about-risc-v

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/RetroFirearms/status/1418973243638222854

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

wait, all that is just so they can connect the PCI-E SSD to the RISC-V board? :psyduck:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

wait, all that is just so they can connect the PCI-E SSD to the RISC-V board? :psyduck:

you mean the sata ssd in a pcie adapter? lol

all that and it isnt even nvme

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

that’s bizarre. trying to think of why “spend fifty cents and a PCIe lane on a SATA controller” wasn’t an option especially considering that dev board probably costs an arm and a leg

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Weird Al was Boba Fett?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

wonder what aussies would call this. maccas is out.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

haha that rules

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

You Am I posted:

Weird Al was Boba Fett?

thats the boba fett for the special edition of rotj, not the real boba fett

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
don’t worry, kids. that’s not the real boba fett. it’s just one of his helpers. he’s still hanging out in the sarlac pit.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

every 5/4 i pick up a few extra bucks doing a salacious crumb gig at the mall.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Jonny 290 posted:

i had a walk-in shower room like that at a house we rented and it was absolutely the fuckin coolest and best thing, unironic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMouFincJRk
1920x480 :eyepop:

This is cool, but I'm not feeling that handle sticking up from the front. I guess that's just to help protect it if it lands face down? Would kinda be in the way while typing.
E: Actually yeah the more I think about it that would protect things pretty well.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

it feels like it's more for "rule of cool" purposes than anything but I suspect that yeah it does a pretty good job of ensuring your questionably-durable bizarre aliexpress screen and actual mechanical keyboard don't eat too much poo poo if it falls off your cyberpunk 2022 belt and bandolier hacker rig

the web site for it has a link to a whole subreddit of people designing and building weird portable cyberpunk computers: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberDeck/

E: okay this model M with embedded touchscreen micro PC is pretty fuckin sick

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i enjoy the style obv it’s kinda neat

but i’d like to see someone ever use one of these to do anything interesting besides cosplay

edit: lol this was written before i saw the modded kb above which is kind of hilariously awesome

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i didn't know dr juma had a truck

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ill finally stop attracting all these customers

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

it feels like it's more for "rule of cool" purposes than anything but I suspect that yeah it does a pretty good job of ensuring your questionably-durable bizarre aliexpress screen and actual mechanical keyboard don't eat too much poo poo if it falls off your cyberpunk 2022 belt and bandolier hacker rig

yeah on the page where the builder talks about construction it says the rack handles were to protect the display.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Cat Face Joe posted:

ill finally stop attracting all these customers

customers: can't live with 'em

full stop. No second part

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

customers: can't live with 'em

full stop. No second part

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kazinsal posted:

the web site for it has a link to a whole subreddit of people designing and building weird portable cyberpunk computers: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberDeck/

E: okay this model M with embedded touchscreen micro PC is pretty fuckin sick

isn't that a model F?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

didn’t know the person who drew skeleton jelly was also into signage.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

at least this one makes sense

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

President Beep posted:

at least this one makes sense

active crash protection

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

flakeloaf posted:

drat who's going to help with my vomiting only some of the time?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Reposting

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

flakeloaf posted:

i have bewitched pp

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterGa69144063/status/1419648698578096129

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s

bwaaahhhh the french

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

DrPossum posted:

i have bewitched pp

don't worry dr juma will make your pennis strong. i guess that means it will do great at the clean and jerk