Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The game is in! The game is not playtested, edited, formatted very well, or frankly any good, but it's in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

:toot:

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Antivehicular posted:

Same! There's definitely stuff here that will need a rework, to the point that I could probably put a FIX THIS, AUTHOR 3 section at the end

I'm pretty certain I did exactly that. Just draw a big circle around the bits I wanted to do but didn't and label it HINT HINT.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Haha yeah, there's an element of my game that's like "when this happens, there are serious consequences" and then I never explain that. SOMEONE ELSE'S PROBLEM NOW HAHA

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Blargh! It is sent!

Gonna Nth the entries in the "left plenty to do" pile

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Holy poo poo, y'all are loving amazing. I just logged on to find that all twelve of y'all made the finish line for Round 2, which is loving unheard of in these kinds of contests.

Here are the entries:

pre:
Round 2 Author	Game					Round 3 Contestant

Agent Rush	UG Overdrive
Antivehicular	BUTTON MASHER
DalaranJ	Gals & Goons
Dog Kisser	Spotlight Harmony
Hostile V	Hostile V Second Round
JMBosch		Skeleton Justice Warriors
LaSquida	Let's Be Pirates
Lux Animus	Cauldron Bowl Rally
Meinberg	In the Court of the Invisible King
OK Scale	LAMMs of Peace, MASKs of War
potatocubed	Shadow of the Moon Wizard	
WereGoat	MAGICON
We've got twelve very solid, meaty game drafts here; now it's time to put on that most difficult hat and actually completing something. Can you carry one of these concepts over the finish line? Post to claim your champion!

I will be reading these over today and awarding the two Bonus Points.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Gonna grab Shadow of the Moon Wizard!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Should've named mine. Oh well.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Hostile V posted:

Should've named mine. Oh well.

I'll gladly change it if you come up with a name!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Zurui posted:

I'll gladly change it if you come up with a name!
Nah, it's the new owner's problem now.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.
While I'd definitely like to use WereGoat's and Hostile V's settings for something in the future, I think I'll go with Spotlight Harmony.

Hard part is that it's already pretty well rounded, so it's gonna be tough figuring out what I can add...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

JMBosch posted:

While I'd definitely like to use WereGoat's and Hostile V's settings for something in the future, I think I'll go with Spotlight Harmony.

Hard part is that it's already pretty well rounded, so it's gonna be tough figuring out what I can add...

Yeah, that's what I'm struggling with now. I'm reading these and thinking they look pretty solid and I'm not sure what to bring to the table. (I'm guessing this isn't the time for extensive remodeling...)

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

The amount of remodeling is very much up to you! You will be judged on your final submission, not on its strength vs. its previous iterations.

As a reminder, the final deadline is the stroke of midnight Pacific Daylight Time on Sunday, 15 August. (That is, you have all Sunday to make frantic edits polish your final product.)

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I'll be trying my hand at Cauldron Bowl Rally.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I think I will take BUTTON MASHER. Got a few ideas for how I could expand that.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Can we have multiple people working on same projects?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Are we allowed to pick something we've had a hand in to begin with?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I'm going to take 'Hostile V Second Round', which until further notice will be called Sćhrímnir.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

potatocubed posted:

I think I will take BUTTON MASHER. Got a few ideas for how I could expand that.

Let me know if you'd like a link to the original Google doc, btw; I just looked over the PDF, and a lot of the formatting got screwed with in the conversion. (Also the tables I made are gone? THANKS GOOGLE)

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Hostile V posted:

Are we allowed to pick something we've had a hand in to begin with?

No, please don't choose anything you worked on in phases 1 or 2. If we have a selection problem due to this, let me know and we'll work it out.

Dog Kisser posted:

Can we have multiple people working on same projects?

I was initially going to say no

HOWEVER

Since this is a Collaborative Game Jam, I will allow you to work together in the final phase. If two people want to work on refining a single Phase 2 concept, with the understanding that you'll share a score and split any prizes you might receive, then you may.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I'll gently caress around and work on MAGICON.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Antivehicular posted:

Let me know if you'd like a link to the original Google doc, btw; I just looked over the PDF, and a lot of the formatting got screwed with in the conversion. (Also the tables I made are gone? THANKS GOOGLE)

That would be pretty useful, yeah, thanks.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

poo poo let's be Pirates!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm going to grab LAMMs of Peace, MASKs of War

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Argh, I'm torn three ways between Shadow of the Moon Wizard, Hostile V Second round, or Skeleton Justice Warriors.

I don't think I could do the SJW tone justice, so that would be meat futures Vs space race.

Aaagh, it's so difficult to choose!

Think it's gonna have to be Hostile V Second round

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
It's a real tough choice between Gals_Goons, In the Court of the Invisible King, or Skeleton Justice Warriors for me, but I think I'll go with Gals_Goons here!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm gonna give In the Court of the Invisible King a shot.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I'll be working on Skeleton Justice Warriors!

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

WereGoat posted:

Argh, I'm torn three ways between Shadow of the Moon Wizard, Hostile V Second round, or Skeleton Justice Warriors.

I don't think I could do the SJW tone justice, so that would be meat futures Vs space race.

Aaagh, it's so difficult to choose!

Think it's gonna have to be Hostile V Second round

Just as an FYI, this one is already claimed by DalaranJ, so you'll have to produce something distinct if you're not working together.

OR you can go with the single remaining slot, UG Overdrive.

pre:
Round 2 Author	Game				Round 3 Contestant

Agent Rush	UG Overdrive				
Antivehicular	BUTTON MASHER			potatocubed
DalaranJ	Gals & Goons			Agent Rush
Dog Kisser	Spotlight Harmony		JMBosch
Hostile V	Hostile V Second Round		DalaranJ
JMBosch		Skeleton Justice Warriors	Lux Animus
LaSquida	Let's Be Pirates		Dog Kisser
Lux Animus	Cauldron Bowl Rally		Otherkinsey Scale
Meinberg	The Invisible King		Antivehicular
OK Scale	LAMMs of Peace, MASKs of War	Meinberg
potatocubed	Shadow of the Moon Wizard	LaSquida
WereGoat	MAGICON				Hostile V

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Zurui posted:

Just as an FYI, this one is already claimed by DalaranJ, so you'll have to produce something distinct if you're not working together.

Just to clarify, does this mean this can still be selected, but would need to be significantly changed in order to be distinct?

I'll be rereading both tomorrow to decide.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I just mean you should have a strong concept before going in if you're going to double up with someone, and you may want to touch base with them to make sure you both aren't going to turn in fundamentally the same game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

My plan for expanding it was to mainly add 'monster' and setting details. I think another good option would be to not add any details and instead add some brush up to the weirdness of the setting. Like twist it into something less sci-fi, and more explicitly psychedelic?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Can we still ask for random concepts and if so can I ask for a random concept

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

WereGoat posted:

Just to clarify, does this mean this can still be selected, but would need to be significantly changed in order to be distinct?

I'll be rereading both tomorrow to decide.

I replied to your PM. But to answer your question (Are our concepts to alike) more directly, I think it should be fine since it sounds like you intend to pursue a different mechanical concept maybe focusing on combat some more, while I'm looking to keep the mechanics set in a more narrative space. The concept you sent me reminded me of an old itch.io video game I saw about queer folk piloting mechs made of meat, perhaps that was Hostile V's inspiration in the first place? I'm going in a slightly more 'Cruelty Squad' direction with the concept, I guess.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I was inspired more by William S. Burroughs and Phillip K. Dick than Extreme Meatpunks but also do whatever you think feels right.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

DalaranJ posted:

I replied to your PM. But to answer your question (Are our concepts to alike) more directly, I think it should be fine since it sounds like you intend to pursue a different mechanical concept maybe focusing on combat some more, while I'm looking to keep the mechanics set in a more narrative space. The concept you sent me reminded me of an old itch.io video game I saw about queer folk piloting mechs made of meat, perhaps that was Hostile V's inspiration in the first place? I'm going in a slightly more 'Cruelty Squad' direction with the concept, I guess.

Noice!

From your PM'd description, I'm really excited to see your game, it sounds awesome.

And yeah, sounds like we're are going in completely different directions, so now confirming- I'm going for Hostile V Second round also.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Dog Kisser posted:

Can we still ask for random concepts and if so can I ask for a random concept

Apologies for the delay in my reply but your random concept is:

England

:britain:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Okay. I'm done 'writing' and I have over 4000 words of content. But I also have 8 empty tables that I have to fill in, and the game doesn't work without them.

e: Just lol if you're making a game without,
"Table 5: Rotting god effects"

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Ugh, I've been super busy and haven't got much work done on mine at all. We've got one week left, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Agent Rush posted:

Ugh, I've been super busy and haven't got much work done on mine at all. We've got one week left, correct?

Yep! End of day next Sunday.

DalaranJ posted:

Okay. I'm done 'writing' and I have over 4000 words of content. But I also have 8 empty tables that I have to fill in, and the game doesn't work without them.

e: Just lol if you're making a game without,
"Table 5: Rotting god effects"

There's no word limit! Just a guideline.