Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i will say. that riddle quest they put out in like 2.2 was extremely tight and probably the most fun ive had doing quests in an mmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

About to hit the last mission chain in A Realm Reborn at level 49.

Sometimes i really love this game and sometimes i hate it. Depends how much of a traditional mmorpg it feels like being at any moment, but on my 2nd go with the game I’m enjoying it much more than the first.

i haven't played since the last expansion came out but i will say that this was the absolute lowest point of the game for me. Heavensward story was super fun and so was the next one and shadowbringer has some of my favorite zones aesthetically. It was a joy to play after getting through the ARR chain.

also prob best pubbie mmo community i've ever played with. that goes a long way for me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They've made the post-50, pre-HW stuff shorter and less annoying, but they also made a couple of the early raids mandatory. So it takes about the same amount of time, but it's more fun now.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fartlancer posted:

but you get to collect crystals and talk to npcs and deliver items and play hide and seek with the orphans

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
My favorite part of when I was playing this was when I got some glamor made for my character and I was part of the goon guild at the time. I didn't have the skills necessary to craft the armor and it was expensive to buy, so I bought the mats and asked someone in the guild to make it for me. It was some lalafell guy, I don't remember his name but it was basically bikini armor. I pay him as a tip and before I leave, he asks me to "try it on" lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

My favorite part of when I was playing this was when I got some glamor made for my character and I was part of the goon guild at the time. I didn't have the skills necessary to craft the armor and it was expensive to buy, so I bought the mats and asked someone in the guild to make it for me. It was some lalafell guy, I don't remember his name but it was basically bikini armor. I pay him as a tip and before I leave, he asks me to "try it on" lmfao

lmfao hell yeah

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Hizke posted:

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Hizke posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It was in training, who had just awoken from a wonderful dream.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Hizke posted:

Lmao

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

About to hit the last mission chain in A Realm Reborn at level 49.

Sometimes i really love this game and sometimes i hate it. Depends how much of a traditional mmorpg it feels like being at any moment, but on my 2nd go with the game I’m enjoying it much more than the first.

Yeah I switch between hating and loving it too, depending on whether I'm in the mood to tolerate MMORPG systems.. I'm not a fan of the genre but this is one of my favorite final fantasy games in the series. The story draws me in

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Had a dream that Hizke and I won the Imp Zone Ultimate Invitational for Team Generations Ultimate...with some truly insane play, tightly coordinated to win the final seconds basically. After the win Hizke sent me a celebratory PM and it turns out he was a big titted goth babe and we got married lmfao. The smash hype is getting out of control for me, mentally.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lol every time

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

insane that he dreamed this at all let alone post it for everybody to see

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smash bros ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mortadella ftw

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

lol clever

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol at this again after noticing the RP flag

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

ffxiv is the poo poo and it makes me want to go through all the final fantasy games now

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I’m slogging through all the post story ARR content in 14 and I wish it was a lot shorter i just want my new skills.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ff7 is really funny lol

good line

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lmao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I got the remasters on Steam to see if I could finally get through FF3 and they definitely changed some poo poo

I was expecting it to be like I remembered, so I was level 50, took 20 shurikens and about 20 elixirs to the dark world and breezed through the end, so it's not really like I remember at all lol

looks pretty good though and way better than the DS version

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I got the remasters on Steam to see if I could finally get through FF3 and they definitely changed some poo poo

I was expecting it to be like I remembered, so I was level 50, took 20 shurikens and about 20 elixirs to the dark world and breezed through the end, so it's not really like I remember at all lol

looks pretty good though and way better than the DS version

can youf inally save in the last dungeon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

can youf inally save in the last dungeon

I read that they added a quick save function that’s basically just an extra save slot you can save anywhere, it doesn’t get deleted when you load. So yeah

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I read that they added a quick save function that’s basically just an extra save slot you can save anywhere, it doesn’t get deleted when you load. So yeah

yeah this

it actually helps a ton

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

they nerfed the black belt's endgame power in ff1, next time I'll have to take a thief or red mage like a chump

ff1 has changed some, they've taken some of the quirks out (the power-leveling spot east of Pravoka and endless battle squares), but also balanced things a little better I think. Black magic works right up until the end of the game, which is nice, and you can buy ethers

I think Excalibur was intended to have damage bonuses against everything in the NES version because it definitely does here

the new osts are fantastic

I'm off to get more into ff2, I saw from the first fight back row characters are getting targeted and I'm not sure how I like that

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

it seems to also auto-save every time you enter a new screen.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Quiz sidequest in FF13-2 is loving crazy. One the one hand the concept behind it is funny and cool, but on the other hand goddamn is it frustrating in execution.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

FF13 was so tightly paced and strict about leveling up until nearly the very end which made it a very unique experience and made sense with the story, but it also never felt like it removed the training wheels until like the very end, it's nice that 13-2 went the classic ff route of just letting you get absurdly overpowered if you know what you're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

was a little bit worried going into FF2 that they changed the mechanics too much (made them comprehensible) but luckily they're still Kawazu as hell, lol

anyway, the only one I'd recommend for the game is FF3 because the DS version is dreadful and this one is actually playable, but they're all worth a pickup on sale if only for the OSTs