Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Scrappy, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

HappyCamperGL posted:

We have to wait til tomorrow for the semis!? This is bullshit.

No, you just gotta wait until later today for the semis :smug:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol that tackle. Hero.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

No, you just gotta wait until later today for the semis :smug:

The day ends when I go to sleep, no matter what hour it is. Sorry, I don't make the rules

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

dex_sda posted:

The day ends when I go to sleep, no matter what hour it is. Sorry, I don't make the rules

Well then don't go to sleep.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well then don't go to sleep.

I'm gonna take a nap just so you gotta wait two more days for the semis

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Fijian tap penalty game has been awful.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

dex_sda posted:

I'm gonna take a nap just so you gotta wait two more days for the semis

Sounds like that would just make you wait two more days, I'm still going to just watch it tonight. :confused:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Sounds like that would just make you wait two more days, I'm still going to just watch it tonight. :confused:

No my sleep determines it for everyone. Again, not the rule maker

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

dex_sda posted:

No my sleep determines it for everyone. Again, not the rule maker

But I don't follow the rules?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But I don't follow the rules?

Reported to the authorities

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Finally catching up on this mornings games, thoughts so far:

Fiji - a family can be just seven big lads having fun

GB - areet but no Fiji

Ireland - meh

Kenya - I want the smaller teams to just be better, they worked so hard against Ireland but the quality difference was so extreme. Kenyan number 10 had a hell of a game defensively and some lovely work in the breakdown but no attacking threat.

Edit: posted during half time Kenya/ireland, and lol second half ireland replaced their hands with mittens, could have tidied this up over and over again, well done Kenya for clawing back

Edit 2: alright alright horribly behind but

HOLY poo poo ARGENTINA

And

USA would have won that if they ran forward rather than just backward. Run into the contact, that’s the whole thing

lenoon fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 27, 2021

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

I’ve watched a couple matches now and while not knowing much about rugby I can confidently say this is the best olympic team sport.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BadSamaritan posted:

I’ve watched a couple matches now and while not knowing much about rugby I can confidently say this is the best olympic team sport.

the Sevens format really is good for these kinds of tournaments -- the World Rugby Sevens Series is basically (in normal times) a series of weekend tournaments with stadiums full of crowds, usually in costumes and making beer snakes. the Hong Kong Sevens is a sight to see. I went to one of the couple years they had an event in Japan, and it was a bit chilly but the day was really fun (I think that round of the world series has now been moved to Singapore).

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

harperdc posted:

the Sevens format really is good for these kinds of tournaments -- the World Rugby Sevens Series is basically (in normal times) a series of weekend tournaments with stadiums full of crowds, usually in costumes and making beer snakes. the Hong Kong Sevens is a sight to see. I went to one of the couple years they had an event in Japan, and it was a bit chilly but the day was really fun (I think that round of the world series has now been moved to Singapore).

how hard is it to get tickets? if they do part of this in the US anytime next year I might have to go check it out

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

how hard is it to get tickets? if they do part of this in the US anytime next year I might have to go check it out

I'd like to know this as well. I used to watch the Vegas tournament on TV when it was there a, few years ago. Would be a fun event to get out to.

Hoping events like this help the sport catch on more in the US. 15s will always be tough since it's more direct competition to Football, but 7s definitely has a niche that could catch

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It is kind of funny they are making them play out to see who is the worst team at the olympics.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well now the, "We need to fill airtime placement" games are done, it's time for the semifinals!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That was almost a brutal self-own.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Probably should’ve saved that move for the final.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Probably should’ve saved that move for the final.
Gimme an update every 30 seconds I can't watch right now

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

New Zealand just gave a lesson in how to win at 7s.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Rabbi T. White posted:

New Zealand just gave a lesson in how to win at 7s.

Just dominate the other team like they are a pack of children over all aspects of the game

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I'm glad. Hope Fiji win, should be a good match.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Fiji are once again showing why they’re always the favourites.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Fiji dude just obliterated someone, stiff arm straight to hades

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Argentina have brought it back to take the lead 14-12 at the half, somehow?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Argentina still got 7 men on the field!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Primetime posted:

I'd like to know this as well. I used to watch the Vegas tournament on TV when it was there a, few years ago. Would be a fun event to get out to.

Hoping events like this help the sport catch on more in the US. 15s will always be tough since it's more direct competition to Football, but 7s definitely has a niche that could catch

yep, Vegas hosted it before, San Diego (?) did in the past as well. I think if you sign up for emails from that World Rugby Sevens site it'll keep you informed on ticket information. I did much the same for Rugby World Cup tickets in Japan and it worked pretty well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bronze & Gold medal matches coming up!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Come on GB! :toot:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Don't restrict yourself to just world series events, any local 7s tourney is a ton of fun. Granted I live in the Scottish Borders so every town and village has it's own one but they're all a blast. (Except Melrose now as it's too busy)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Feel like we've got Argentina beat as long as they don't go down to 6 people :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bugger

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Both teams are crying on the field over the bronze medal :lol:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Argentina deserved that really.