Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Santina!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Excited for the Saudi spectators to pelt the ring with trash because there are women in it being deemed royalty. That's good heat.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm not loving crazy in thinking this is a terrible idea that could very well be putting some of these women in danger, right? Especially after the plane bullshit?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vince could always smuggle them out on his plane. You know, like a couple of foam hammers

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Drakkel posted:

....Isn't Raquel also a heel? How do you turn heel by turning on another heel???

KO did it on Jericho at the Festival of Friendship. But, y'know....that was that, and this is...this.

BTW, it's pretty obvious to me that Corbin is going to win Queen of the Ring in drag.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

KO did it on Jericho at the Festival of Friendship. But, y'know....that was that, and this is...this.

Its implied that Raquel turned face in nxt by wrestling heel xia li and having her little buddy turn on her even though raquel has been an rear end in a top hat to Dakota recently

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah but he earns diva money and his pay plunges

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
One of the bootlickers said "Baroness Corbin" and Vince with a mouth full of steak wraps said "THAT'S GOOD poo poo PAL"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

D.N. Nation posted:

BTW, it's pretty obvious to me that Corbin is going to win Queen of the Ring in drag.

Don't be STUPID

....we all know it's gonna be Reginald, the most important person in the WWE women's division.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm not loving crazy in thinking this is a terrible idea that could very well be putting some of these women in danger, right? Especially after the plane bullshit?

Eh, the women have preformed just fine so far there. The plane was about the prince and Vince having a dick waving contest, which is different.

I'd like to THINK everybody involved is aware that anything actually happening to the women preforming in this thing would cause an international incident.

D.N. Nation posted:

They threaded the needle of Jericho turning face, trying to pull KO face with him, KO maybe even wanting to get pulled along with him for just a second, before he gives into his inner KO-ness.

It was so loving great.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

seems like people aren't remembering what happened last time they held a tournament in saudi arabia

congratulations in advance to queen stephanie

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I actually gotta give Steph a little credit. Ever since Ronda hosed off, she seems to have realized nobody wants to see her on TV and has mostly stayed gone, unlike her dumbass brother, who still shows up to waste a spot on the card at every Mania and her dumbass husband, who smeared himself all over that one Survivor Series with NXT.

Like, she didn't even come out to soak up some heat when fans came back. She legitimately has the most restraint of anybody in her garbage family at this point.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

mansoor is going to end up winning this

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Can’t wait to see what kind of scuba gear the women wear

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Sigma posted:

Can’t wait to see what kind of scuba gear the women wear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-awhsGZVIU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If that's real it's most likely something Saudi Arabia is asking for since WWE in Saudi Arabia is all a part of Vision 2030.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

If that's real it's most likely something Saudi Arabia is asking for since WWE in Saudi Arabia is all a part of Vision 2030.

Allowing women to wrestle for WWE in their country lets Saudi Arabia tell the world they're progressive while they continue to deny women of their own country basic human rights

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Rarity posted:

Allowing women to wrestle for WWE in their country lets Saudi Arabia tell the world they're progressive while they continue to deny women of their own country basic human rights

It's this. W Series (a women's single-seater racing format) is supporting Formula 1 this year, and the new Saudi race this year specifically requested to have the women race there (this isn't happening for obvious reasons (though the F1 race is...)).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Supposedly it was a huge pain in the rear end to get the first match cleared so this is probably just WWE trying to score points as Woke Wrestling Entertainment (as Drake Wuertz calls them.)

They love portraying this kind of meaningless, actually counterproductive nonsense as a major civil rights moment.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's wild to think that just a few years ago they were actually doing genuinely good work with their women's division and instead of keeping up that momentum they just abandoned everything the minute Becky and Rhonda were done and now it's backsliding back into Divas-era booking/screentime.

I wouldn't be surprised if regress back to just shoving the entire division into one 5 minute 8-woman tag match every week where every participant has exactly enough to time to tag in, hit their finisher, then leave.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

I actually gotta give Steph a little credit. Ever since Ronda hosed off, she seems to have realized nobody wants to see her on TV and has mostly stayed gone, unlike her dumbass brother, who still shows up to waste a spot on the card at every Mania and her dumbass husband, who smeared himself all over that one Survivor Series with NXT.

Like, she didn't even come out to soak up some heat when fans came back. She legitimately has the most restraint of anybody in her garbage family at this point.

Her brother is only contracted as a performer, he doesn't get to slink back to an office job when things go poorly.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Reminder that as a company, the WWE pressured one of their talent to stay silent after she was drugged and raped on tour at an American military base.

The perfect company to use to try to gaslight the world into thinking you're not a bunch of misogynist shitfucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

edogawa rando posted:

Reminder that as a company, the WWE pressured one of their talent to stay silent after she was drugged and raped on tour at an American military base.

The perfect company to use to try to gaslight the world into thinking you're not a bunch of misogynist shitfucks.

That was Ashely Massaro who really got a bum rap. Post WWE didn't really turn any heads, had a lot of people shittalking her because the WWE whisper factory really trounced her reputation.

WWE is a really lovely company.

And Samoa Joe deserves his dick facepaint.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The Queen of the Ring will be notable for having all 15 matches in under an hour. Guinness will give them award for most consecutive roll ups

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

D.N. Nation posted:

Triple H wins and commentary refers to him as The Queen of Queens from now on

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Supposedly it was a huge pain in the rear end to get the first match cleared so this is probably just WWE trying to score points as Woke Wrestling Entertainment (as Drake Wuertz calls them.)

They love portraying this kind of meaningless, actually counterproductive nonsense as a major civil rights moment.

That's so confusing and weird since that's also the entire point of Vision 2030. "Hey look we're just like every country that isn't being run by an oppressive religious monarchy. Here's a video about how we let women drive in the middle of our pro-wrestling event." Just both sides pushing fake woke propeganda but then getting upset and confused because they think their partner is being serious.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Be neat if every queen of the ring match gets time, has no chin locks, and doesn't end in roll ups

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

Be neat if every queen of the ring match gets time, has no chin locks, and doesn't end in roll ups

Also if it didn't involve Charlotte in any way

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Just both sides pushing fake woke propaganda

They’re perfect for each other.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/pwtorch/status/1420480690987094018?s=21

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Drakkel posted:

Also if it didn't involve Charlotte in any way

This isn't the era where you have Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker going for king of the ring like its the most career defining thing they can do. It's gonna be 8 losers. I dunno why king of the rings always gotta use Main Event's roster, throw in some upper mid card and main eventers who aren't in that ppv's title feud.

A modern king of the ring bracket would be like... Ricochet... 1 viking raider... angel garza... 1 lucha house party guy... would could be good matches in any order but they'll get 4 mins.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 28, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

This isn't the era where you have Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker going for king of the ring like its the most career defining thing they can do. It's gonna be 8 losers. I dunno why king of the rings always gotta use Main Event's roster, throw in some upper mid card and main eventers who aren't in that ppv's title feud.

can't accidentally saddle anyone with the lovely king gimmick you are contracted with a blood demon to give to the winner of the king of the ring.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Humiliation for Loser Hunter indeed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Humiliation for Loser Hunter indeed.

His show now has less viewers than ROH on Sinclair. He is getting a wedgie from Matt Taven.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My god that number.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

karmicknight posted:

can't accidentally saddle anyone with the lovely king gimmick you are contracted with a blood demon to give to the winner of the king of the ring.

Dear God they're gonna have Nikki ASH win it just so they can put a halloween story queen outfit on over top her superhero outfit and make her wear it for like 3 straight years aren't they

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Is that the highest rated thing to ever be on syfy that isn't sharknado?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Dear God they're gonna have Nikki ASH win it just so they can put a halloween story queen outfit on over top her superhero outfit and make her wear it for like 3 straight years aren't they

Except it will all be her idea and somehow the worst wrestler idea they actually let on TV in decades.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lmao that demo who is watching NXT on TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

lmao that demo who is watching NXT on TV

It's not even their worst demo ever!