Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dark Elevation #20 - 7/26
HM: Marc Quen vs Jungle Boy
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Myka Madrid
HM: Fuego del Sol vs Scorpio Sky
HM: Angelico vs Marko Stunt
HM: Tay Conti & Kris Statlander vs The Bunny & Madi Wrenkowski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
HM: Madi Wrenkowski's Gear, AEW Dark Elevation, 7/26

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm sure it's already been nominated but MOTYC: Matt Cardona. vs Nick Gage - GCW Homecoming Night 1 - Jesus loving Christ what an amazing match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I've had some time to think about this, but why the gently caress not:

WMOTYC: Nikki A.S.H. vs Charlotte Flair, WWE RAW 7/26/21

Charlotte controlled 95% of the match, and the 5% she wasn't in control, she no sold Nikki's offense. The audience was completely apathetic to the match. The finish was hilariously dumb and made Nikki look like an even bigger loser. And the post match stuff was even more hilarious with Charlotte completely burying Nikki in a promo, Nikki throwing a temper tantrum and claiming that she was CLOSE to winning (she wasn't), and then getting her rear end kicked again. All while WWE turned on the heat machine while the audience was sitting in complete apathy.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkstarIV posted:

I've had some time to think about this, but why the gently caress not:

WMOTYC: Nikki A.S.H. vs Charlotte Flair, WWE RAW 7/26/21

nth i like nikki but this was miserable dogshit

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Penguin Patrol posted:

HM: Marc Quen vs Jungle Boy
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Myka Madrid

Nth to all these.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Summer Vacation Tour July 15th
MOTYC
Chris Brookes (c) vs Shinya Aoki (c) - DDT Extreme & Iron Man Heavymetalweight Championships - No DQ, No Submission Match
- What a stipulation, everything is legal unless it's life threatening. Except submissions, all submisisons are illegal (like ref Matsui was even giving them the five count for armringers at the beginning :laffo:). Watching these two guys fumble about and still put on a compelling match without the vast majority of their offence was absolutely fascinating. I've said it before and i'll say it again, DDT at it's best is far beyond wrestling, it's art.

HM
Eruption (Saki Akai, Yukio Sakaguchi and Kazusada Higuchi) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura) and Keigo Nakamura
- Eruption continue to be the goddamn coolest, Harashima and Yoshimura still hit like trucks, and poor Keigo Nakamura got the piss beaten out of him, as is his wont

Junretsu (Jun Akiyama, Makoto Oishi and Yusuke Okada) vs 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, MAO and Shunma Katsumata)
- Those Sauna boys are loving superstars, considering the oldest guy is only 28 if they can stay healthy they could carry the company on their back for the next decade plus. Uncle Jun was pretty quiet here, but Oishi and particularly Okada were working real hard to make up for it.

nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

HM: Lucha Bros vs 5 and 10, AEW Dark Elevation July 26. Obviously the Lucha Bros are great. 10 is perfectly competent opposition, but it was Five who really shone here. He paired with Fenix so well.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Up to Emotion July 22nd
HM
Los Perros del Mal de Japon (NOSAWA Rongai, Kotaro Suzuki and YO-HEY) vs Kongoh (Nioh, Haoh and Tadasuke)
- Aside from not knowing who is supposed to be the face in this feud because everyone is a raging arsehole (except Haoh who is a good lad with lovely friends), this match was a bunch of fun. Nosawa stayed the hell out of the way for the majority of the match and let the other five have a fast paced hard hitting match that was very entertaining

Kenoh vs Daisuke Nakamura
- A fun little UWF-lite match that Kenoh excells at but I haven't seen a ton from him since last years N-1. Far as I can tell his opponent is solely a mixed martial artist (or at least is unknown enough in wrestling to not have a cagematch profile) but he didn't look awkward in the ring like I remember Sakuraba did when he first came back. Not MOTYC but definitely seek this out if you enjoy the style

Kongoh (Manabu Soya and Katsuhiko Nakajima (c)) vs Masa Kitamiya (c) and Kaito Kiyomiya - GHC Tag Team Championships
- Masa and Katsu continue to bring the hate because they're goddamn lunatics, Soya brought the beef, and Kiyomiya was also there. Started off fast before slowing down a tad before sprinting towards the finish. Didn't feel this as much as I wanted to with the people involved but it was still a real good tag match.

NOAH Sanctuary July 27th
HM
Los Perros del Mal de Japon (NOSAWA Rongai, Kotaro Suzuki, Ikuto Hidaka and YO-HEY) vs Kongoh (Nioh, Haoh, Aleja and Tadasuke)
- So happy Kongoh have a new member, this unlocks endless possibilities for their dumb group poses. Thankfully they got rid of the chaff quickly and had a real fun elimination match with the most capable members. Some of the usual face/heel confusion inherent in the division but it was fun seeing Tadasuke as the fiery underdog babyface despite being, just, the biggest dickhead. Aleja got to show off his skills as well, it'll be interesting how he'll slot into the scene going forward.

Momo no Seishun (Daisuke Harada, Atsushi Kotoge, Hajime Ohara and Junta Miyawaki) vs Stinger (Yoshinari Ogawa, HAYATA, Yuya Susumu and Seiki Yoshioka)
- Started out on a sour note with an immediate dumb DQ leaving us with a 4-3 match but worked hard to pull me back in. Harada and Yoshioka have incredible chemistry, Ogawa brings that ratbag energy, Junta and Ohara brought the babyface fire and Kotoge/Hayata managed to stay out of the way while their cooler teammates did cool poo poo (also Susumu was there). Just a fun time all round with a very tense final fall.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm picky about giving MOTYC nods, but I'll give an HM for each of these:

GLEAT [G PROWRESTLING Ver. 1] - 7/25/21
-Atsuki Aoyagi & Yu Iizuka vs. Jun Masaoka & Takanori Ito
-CIMA vs. Issei Onitsuka
-El Lindaman & Soma Watanabe vs. Hayato Tamura & Ryuichi Kawakami

Really high on Yu Iizuka at the moment as a crossover talent between GLEAT's styles, and I continue to be amazed at El Lindaman's drastic improvement since his DG days. CIMA's as good as ever.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dark #99 - 7/27
HM: Dante Martin & Varsity Blondes vs Ryan Nemeth & The Acclaimed

smarxist posted:

for you heathenous non-Dark watchers, here's the moment of the night:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/869727694500278322/9kHRASNurK.mp4

my eyes legit bugged out of my skull

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
4th July
DDT King of DDT Finals
King of DDT Semi Final
Kazusada Higuchi vs Yuji Hino

HM
4th July
DDT King of DDT Finals
King of DDT Final
Konosuke Takeshita vs Yuji Hino

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Penguin Patrol posted:

nth to these three

Lamuella posted:

HM: Lucha Bros vs 5 and 10, AEW Dark Elevation July 26. Obviously the Lucha Bros are great. 10 is perfectly competent opposition, but it was Five who really shone here. He paired with Fenix so well.

and nth to this 5 looked fantastic

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark #99 - 7/27

nth, it is insane that all 7 people were pandemic pickups

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark #99 - 7/27

Nth, the whole match was good, and that dive was just ludicrous.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Kongo Box Office DIAMOND4 Kongo vs NOAH
MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kaito Kiyomiya
- Holy poo poo, I was not expecting them to go nearly this hard for a Produce show, especially a month out from the N-1. These two mad lads battered the absolute poo poo out of each other. Watch this match it ruled, Kaito is really bringing the aggresion since Nosawa brained him with that chair

HM
Tadasuke vs Kinya Okada
- My favourite beefy kicklad going up against Kongoh's resident dirtbag. I assumed Okada was going heavyweight when his rookie period was over but he had an easy chemistry with Tadasuke I'd definitely like to see more of in the coming years

Kenoh vs Masa Kitamiya
- A great match hampered only because it immidiately followed Katsu/Kaito. Kenoh sold the legwork really well and it really had me thinking he was going to lose the main event on his own show to his former underling, great stuff all round, much love for that pissy kickboy

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Dragon Lee & Kenny King vs. The Briscoes, RoH Wrestling 2/19
HM: Shane Taylor vs. Rush, RoH Wrestling 2/26

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Dark Order vs. The Elite, Dynamite 7/28
HM: FTR vs. Proud and Powerful, Dynamite 7/28

I'll have to catch the main event tomorrow.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Motyc AEW Dynamite 7/28
Chris Jericho vs Nick loving Gage no rules match
Some beautiful violence

Only registered members can see post attachments!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

LionYeti posted:

Motyc AEW Dynamite 7/28
Some beautiful violence

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Punch McLightning posted:

I'll have to catch the main event tomorrow.

LionYeti posted:

Motyc AEW Dynamite 7/28
Some beautiful violence

NTH

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
MOTYC: Dark Order vs. The Elite, Dynamite 7/28
MOTYC: MDK All Day v Jericho, Dynamite 7/28

I really liked tonight’s show, the finish to the 5 man wasn’t enough to turn me off. One of my all time favorite matches for the first 20 minutes, and I am intrigued where they go from here for the Hangman & Kenny stories.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

LionYeti posted:

Motyc AEW Dynamite 7/28
Some beautiful violence

Nth

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

HM: Chris Jericho vs Nick Gage, AEW Dynamite July 28
They went way further than I was expecting but it was still Not Enough for me. I really liked seeing all the different crowd reactions and hearing JR have to call the match. The tubes needed more dust.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

Seconding these, god drat.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

LionYeti posted:

Motyc AEW Dynamite 7/28
Some beautiful violence

Nth, I could criticize a lotta poo poo in that match but I was cackling for most of it and I think it was way, way better than most of AEW's longer bloody matches.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

I really liked tonight’s show, the finish to the 5 man wasn’t enough to turn me off. One of my all time favorite matches for the first 20 minutes, and I am intrigued where they go from here for the Hangman & Kenny stories.

gently caress yes. Nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Nth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LionYeti posted:

Motyc AEW Dynamite 7/28
Some beautiful violence

nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

LionYeti posted:

Motyc AEW Dynamite 7/28
Some beautiful violence

this owned nth

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Punch McLightning posted:

Nth.

HM: Jericho vs. Nick Gage, Dynamite 7/28. Really enjoyed it, outcome wasn’t in doubt, coulda used more plunder.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: The Elite (Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks & The Good Brothers) vs The Dark Order (Hangman Page, Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, John Silver, Alex Reynolds)
HM: FTR vs Santana & Ortiz
HM : Lance Archer vs Hikuleo
MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs Nick Gage

All from AEW Dynamite 28.07.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jordan7hm posted:

5thing. Great match, and the crowd losing their minds through the whole thing just added to that. John Silver spun a Young Buck like he was making pizza dough!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: The Elite (Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks & The Good Brothers) vs The Dark Order (Hangman Page, Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, John Silver, Alex Reynolds)
HM: FTR vs Santana & Ortiz
HM : Lance Archer vs Hikuleo
MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs Nick Gage

All from AEW Dynamite 28.07.

Nth'ing this.

That opening match was probably the best multi-man tag AEW has done yet. It also made me believe 100% that Hangman was going to beat Kenny Omega AND the Young Bucks even though that really wouldn't make any logical sense.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’ll nth the 10man tag as well. Despite a disappointing match pretty much everyone got a good shine from it and the near 30-minute match just flew by.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM to Gage-Jericho.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: The Dark Order vs. The Elite, AEW Fight For The Fallen, 28/07
HM: Chris Jericho vs. Nick Gage, AEW Fight For The Fallen, 28/07

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Congratulations to All Elite Wrestling for being the first wrestling company this year to hit FIFTY (50) Match of the Year Candidates.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Thank you Nick Gage for accomplishing this feat for AEW. MDK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Some Stardom HMs

Giulia vs. Unagi Sayaka, Feb 6
Giulia & Natsupoi vs. Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka, Feb 7
Bea Priestley & Natsuko Tora vs. Giulia & Himeka, Feb 11
Mayu Iwatani, Saya Iida & Starlight Kid vs. Momo Watanabe, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita, Feb 11