Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slorb
May 14, 2002
The chinese team owns bones. They don't have the combination of size and speed you need to compete with physical teams like australia/france/the us but they never give up on the play and they're creative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

slorb posted:

The chinese team owns bones. They don't have the combination of size and speed you need to compete with physical teams like australia/france/the us but they never give up on the play and they're creative.

They were a lot better than I was expecting, really scrapped.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Japan are working hard but the USA are defending very well.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

harperdc posted:

and for the sevens series it's the more traditional RFUs right? England, Wales, Scotland each independent. how did that impact the Olympic team and contracts?

the unions are happy to collaborate on the combined team for the olympics, it's not like soccer where the associations are more reluctant to do so. there is a long history of such things in rugby. currently a combined uk & irish xv team is touring the world champions south africa in one of the sport's biggest regular events.

but if the national unions can't afford to run their usual programmes for the rest of the time, and uk sport don't make up the shortfall due to lack of medals then there is an issue. (eg) dan norton (one of england/gb's best players) had to take up a short term fifteens contract with london irish after being released by england last autumn. but not all players were that lucky.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

some kicking practice needed.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Japan were good but USA made hard work of that in places, they're going to need to be better at having a scrum half against better teams. Big woman go smash isn't going to work against NZ.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We'll have a bit of that

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Aramoro posted:

Big woman go smash isn't going to work against NZ.

That uhhh might not be a problem

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Kiwis are shite mate

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've changed my mind, gender parity is good

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

it's coming home.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HappyCamperGL posted:

it's coming home.

:hmmyes:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
:staredog:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kiwis suddenly decided to show up

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

HappyCamperGL posted:

it's coming home.

Which home? :eng101:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
lol

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Jasmine Joyce remains the best thing about team GB, welsh winger style, speed, grace

Edit: and in the sin bin

lenoon fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jul 29, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
GB doing an impressive choke job, once again showing that we're world leaders in our field

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They watched the mens USA Vs GB game and decided to copy the gameplan of the wrong team. :lol:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Jesus that was closer than what I hoped.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

hell yeah

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

HappyCamperGL posted:

it's coming home.

:nz:

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Why keep choosing scrums after a penalty awarded? They're risky as hell.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DickEmery posted:

It worked the first 2 times, it has to work again :downs:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

DickEmery posted:

Seems interesting. The men basically got the scrum every single time and the women seem to be an actual scrum to get the ball. But at least in theory, the scrum ties up 3 defenders and can give an advantage if they get the ball quick. Also it eats up the clock more, which GB was definitely trying to do as much as possible cause they were in the lead.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I turned off the tv at about 6 minutes in you can thank me now

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Thanks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

:argh:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Watch you coward

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

thank u for ur service

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I've come to realize that Rugby 7s is literally just teams trying to pull off a Music City Miracle repeatedly until one breaks through, and that's amazing

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Round 3 games on now. The only game that might matter to the quarterfinals is starting up now with China in Japan. China has to win by 18 to overtake Canada, that just got crushed by France.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Looks like China is going to make it to the next round booyah.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Last Rugby match between NZ and ROC in a rain delay. Wonder if they will push back the quarterfinal games so the teams have time to rest? Both teams already in to it, but pretty important match for seeding in the quarterfinals.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well the Russians got smokes by NZ. And now thanks to the seeding, they play them again right away in the 1st round of the quarterfinals coming up a couple hours.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

slorb posted:

Looks like China is going to make it to the next round booyah.

hell yeah, they are so fun to watch

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Japan-Kenya now for the lower placings, and they went to the TMO a minute ago to make sure there was a grounding on a breakaway Kenya try. Would’ve been insanely harsh to not give that.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow, All Japan had to do was get the ball and kick it out, but Kenya won the scrum / got to the ball before they could kick it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I guess I should switch off now