Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

No Wave posted:

Sara's buff is 2/3s bennett's no matter how you look at it and crowfeathers will also be bound by aoe. Bennett is the best character in the game by a massive margin so this doesnt mean she's bad.

The only team I can see both her and raiden fitting on is Eula/Diona/Sara/Raiden. They're both supports with long cooldown Es that arent healers or on field attackers in an element that only phys wants so it's hard to find space for both.

C6 Sara gives a 60% Crit DMG buff to electro damage so she'll be an incredible buff to a DPS focused Baal, fittingly enough.

Of course that requires you to pull Sara 7 times while chasing for Baal and that will be a tall ask unless you are a mega whale already going for C6 Baal or something insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Man, some of the new gameplay elements are intensely annoying, especially when combined with old joys like wonky terrain interaction. Still absolutely loving it though, bought the login thing and battle pass because playing for free almost felt bad. I hope they drown in yens, yuans, moneys.

Flat earth confirmed. They should make this an option, looks amazing.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I did a 10pull earlier this week and got a non-guaranteed Ayaka and Chongyun, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Having a nearly maxed out Eula means I'm in no real rush to level either of them, but it's nice to have a bigger roster.

Might do another 10pull when Yoimiya comes out, but I'll probably just save for the archon. I'm 2 for 2, I have a streak to maintain

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Having Eula doesn't really replace Ayaka or Chongyun. Eula is very highly focused on physical damage rather than elemental. Ayaka & Chongyun are both focused on Cryo damage instead, Ayaka being the bigger damage dealer of them. So you could have Eula built up and then build up Ayaka and they are filling different party types and filling different roles.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

Bennett is the best character in the game by a massive margin so this doesnt mean she's bad.

Yeah, but like... what if Mihoyo decided to remove Bennet? Changing mechanics to remove characters is clearly something that'd never happen, but what if?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Word is the next Abyss Floor 11 will feature some Bennett hate. Which is fine by me because I have never and will never use him in the Abyss.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My reason for wanting Sara (other than the fact that I'm gonna try to get Baal anyway) is that it means I can sorta have two Bennetts. Both of my Abyss teams can run a big ATK buff instead of just one. Obviously Sara's not quite as good as Bennett--she's electro and her buff doesn't come with a heal--but "almost Bennett" might be better for some teams than "no Bennett"

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

They should make Bennett's burst field get erased by any and every boss arena floor so that the character is nerfed for no reason in high level content.

Signed,
An Albedo Main

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This may be a controversial opinion but I kinda like some of these quests that you have to come back to over and over each day. The problems being so big that you have to keep checking up on it. The fact that they're unlocking and clearing up major problems in the world is probably what makes it not be annoying in my eyes. Like if this was for just clearing out hillichurl barriers I think it'd be awful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Rolling for the abyss meta is honestly the dumbest poo poo, I'm sorry. You roll for characters because you either like them or their playstyle, or spend your time and energy grinding perfect artifacts for Xingling instead.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like I am perfectly content just not doing abyss when the current floors just seem like too much of a hassle to do with the characters I have. I guess I'm missing out on some primogems but not as many as I'd be spending constantly chasing the character(s) the abyss is currently tuned to promote.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

RareAcumen posted:

This may be a controversial opinion but I kinda like some of these quests that you have to come back to over and over each day. The problems being so big that you have to keep checking up on it. The fact that they're unlocking and clearing up major problems in the world is probably what makes it not be annoying in my eyes. Like if this was for just clearing out hillichurl barriers I think it'd be awful.

Thing is at least for Tartara Tales quite a bit of the delay isn’t in fixing the problem but the quest giver covering his rear end when it is about to be blown sky high.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

I feel like I am perfectly content just not doing abyss when the current floors just seem like too much of a hassle to do with the characters I have. I guess I'm missing out on some primogems but not as many as I'd be spending constantly chasing the character(s) the abyss is currently tuned to promote.

:same:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i feel like most of the 5 stars are good enough that you can probably do a reasonable clear without them these days, it was a lot different when the game was new and your cast was overall way lower character/ability/weapon/artifact level.

i did a 36 star on this current abyss with half of my characters level 80 + level 80 weapon + level 0 artifacts. i do have the most meta of meta characters however, but i figure having whatever characters you like and actually upgrading them you could at least clear all 4 floors and get at least 450 gems each reset without much effort.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

Yeah that seems to be what the abyss is there for and what gacha games do a lot. I still remember notice how blatant it was in FFRK a few years back when there was some FFXV event featuring Aranea Highwind who is a lightning element character in that game and them going with Titan for the big dick boss and making his weakness thunder just for that event even though that makes no sense as the summon of Earth element. Thats the most blatant I ever saw and again the only time any version of Titan was weak to thunder and not wind, ice or water

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Real ballas take their faves and force them to clear Abyss no matter how ill-advised

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Word is the next Abyss Floor 11 will feature some Bennett hate.
:thejoke:

Though also it's wanting full-party healers. So, like, three characters and only two really do it well. Unless you buy Kokomi of course...

Tae posted:

Rolling for the abyss meta is honestly the dumbest poo poo, I'm sorry. You roll for characters because you either like them or their playstyle

Their playstyle in overworld content? Where everything dies to a stiff breeze and you can food through any encounter?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tae posted:

I am firmly and was always firmly skipping Yoimiya before it was leaked that Sara is with Baal. Now it's 100%.

But doesn't Sayu let you approach the crystal fairies without them flying away? That's worth like four 5* on its own

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

mikemil828 posted:

Thing is at least for Tartara Tales quite a bit of the delay isn’t in fixing the problem but the quest giver covering his rear end when it is about to be blown sky high.

IIRC the Fontaine archon is a rules freak that throws you into jail for the tiniest things, so it makes sense that "covering your rear end" is a high priority for someone from that nation.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Harrow posted:

Very same. I've played since launch and only gone through a couple of times.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I only went to Floor 6 Chamber 3 in the Abyss and I never bothered beyond that and good luck making me care to try further.

I'm more interested in if the Seed Dispensary will give me more seeds when I harvest stuff in the teapot too so I won't have to worry about finding fresh Naku weeds in the wild anymore.

Also having a new region to demand show me where ore is rules. It almost makes up for the ore being smaller and more annoying to hit. Luckily Zhongli and Razor explode it all in a radius very easily.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kale posted:

Yeah that seems to be what the abyss is there for and what gacha games do a lot. I still remember notice how blatant it was in FFRK a few years back when there was some FFXV event featuring Aranea Highwind who is a lightning element character in that game and them going with Titan for the big dick boss and making his weakness thunder just for that event even though that makes no sense as the summon of Earth element. Thats the most blatant I ever saw and again the only time any version of Titan was weak to thunder and not wind, ice or water
I don't really mind this and I wish genshin did more of it. Leveling characters is fun but expensive and putting together the perfect teams for a specific challenge makes you feel rewarded for doing it. It's why I got annoyed with how primo geo was designed w/r/t geo shields, there goes a fun opportunity for Xinyan to actually have a moment of usefulness.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

No Wave posted:

I don't really mind this and I wish genshin did more of it. Leveling characters is fun but expensive and putting together the perfect teams for a specific challenge makes you feel rewarded for doing it. It's why I got annoyed with the zhong li geo shield panic buff, there goes a niche opportunity for Xinyan and whoever else in the future.

Hey some of us got hosed on both Zhongli banners and still don't have him. :shepface:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mailer posted:

Their playstyle in overworld content? Where everything dies to a stiff breeze and you can food through any encounter?

The first 10 reasons why Klee made 100 million dollars is not bceause of gameplay or anything you first think of, I'll tell ya

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My kingdom teapot for a shielder that stops you from being elementally affected by enemies. Fighting Cryo Cicins and Mirror Maidens teaming up is soooooooooo annoying.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RareAcumen posted:

I only went to Floor 6 Chamber 3 in the Abyss and I never bothered beyond that and good luck making me care to try further.
Same! Someday I'll have two full parties, but it's not today.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

I mean, yeah? That's where I spend most of my time and it's also by far the best part of the game so I want characters who are fun in the overworld.

Tae posted:

The first 10 reasons why Klee made 100 million dollars is not bceause of gameplay or anything you first think of, I'll tell ya

Exactly. I pulled for Klee because she is cool and fun, mechanical effectiveness played very little part in that decision.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

How the gently caress they made a two-team mode and locked it out of co-op I'll never know.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hey some of us got hosed on both Zhongli banners and still don't have him. :shepface:

At the very least my reason for not having him was not playing during his banners. That's very sad :smith:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

My kingdom teapot for a shielder that stops you from being elementally affected by enemies. Fighting Cryo Cicins and Mirror Maidens teaming up is soooooooooo annoying.

Xinyan says hi? Her shield does a Pyro infusion.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tae posted:

Rolling for the abyss meta is honestly the dumbest poo poo, I'm sorry. You roll for characters because you either like them or their playstyle, or spend your time and energy grinding perfect artifacts for Xingling instead.

Look, I can spend thousands of primos and get several hundred primos in return. If that's not a great investment, I don't know what is.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Andrast posted:

I mean, yeah? That's where I spend most of my time and it's also by far the best part of the game so I want characters who are fun in the overworld.

I mean sure, if you're down with that then pull for good open world abilities. Pull for crafting efficiency. Pull for your favorite anime heels. Pull because this character has one scene in an unrelated cutscene you like.

But dear god, don't pull because they're good in a videogame. That's heresy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

But dear god, don't pull because they're good in a videogame. That's heresy.

finally you get it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

Xinyan says hi? Her shield does a Pyro infusion.

Hmm. Not sure how to use her. I have a lvl 20 at C5 now.

I know the game's successful but I don't know how successful. If possible, I want them to bring in the Demon Slayer crew as crossover characters.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I seriously doubt floor 11 is going to actually cause a problem for Bennett if you're currently getting 36 stars. They'd have to ramp up the difficulty of the entire floor for it to be much of a concern.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tanreall posted:

I seriously doubt floor 11 is going to actually cause a problem for Bennett if you're currently getting 36 stars. They'd have to ramp up the difficulty of the entire floor for it to be much of a concern.

The device you are playing on is going to explode irl if you bring bennett to the new floor 11

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Haven't checked in in a while, has anyone done any theorycrafting on what characters or teams would work well with Baal?

I haven't rolled for a 5-star in a while, and I have at least 3 pities saved up for rolls (I'm 70 rolls in right now, plus primogems enough for >160 additional rolls). I definitely want Baal, but am wondering if I should try to grab Ayaka or Yoimiya before then. Mostly interested in having good / powerful teams over character designs or personality that I like (sacrilege, I know). If Baal's thing is ER + getting everyone to use their ult, and Yoimiya's ult incentivizes switching away and using other characters, maybe they work together that way?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yoimiya's Q deals 1200% damage total in a tiny aoe.

Ayaka's Q is a 3800% damage death cloud.

Yoimiya excels at left clicking, Ayaka excels at clicking Q.

Still not sure if either character is right for you as I don't see baalayaka working well at the moment.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

gandlethorpe posted:

Which is fine by me because I have never and will never use him in the Abyss.

Why not?

RareAcumen posted:

I'm more interested in if the Seed Dispensary will give me more seeds when I harvest stuff in the teapot too so I won't have to worry about finding fresh Naku weeds in the wild anymore.

Nope, the Teapot does not generate any additional seeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

kater posted:

strongly recommend torturing talking to saimon jirou before rescuing him.

Had no idea what you were talking about but randomly ran into this just now. Thanks a lot for the heads up, that was bloody brilliant and I'd probably go straight for the key if i hadnt read this first.