Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I kinda hate that all their thumbnails are the character with big eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I kinda hate that all their thumbnails are the character with big eyes.

Same, I'm also not a fan of "person talks to themselves pretending to be multiple people" schtick.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Floppychop posted:

Same, I'm also not a fan of "person talks to themselves pretending to be multiple people" schtick.

Its very hackney and early youtube comedy.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
yeah that didn't grab me at all, I turned it off after about a minute

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Darth Brooks posted:

Frog Thor would definitely take on Alioth if he could get out of his jar.

Maybe that's why a Loki (because of course it was Loki) put him in there, to keep him from getting himself killed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soonmot posted:

yeah that didn't grab me at all, I turned it off after about a minute

Pitch Meeting is like one level higher than Cinema "Make comments about Emma Watsons sexiness in the first Harry Potter movie" Sins.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwFc3M3ZnCI

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Having a comedy series you can shoot by yourself on a green screen is not only prescient, but it’s brilliant as a producer. No need to book talent. No need to negotiate if someone has too few lines or can’t find parking or is out of town. Plus you can edit yourself freely and get another take immediately if you come up with another bit. “me and my camera” is the only reason why people can take multiple videos a week without a team. (he’s also done longer once in the channel with more cinematography and a team.)

Compared to the ones he recently did on space jam and tomorrow war, this is a glowing review. I really recommend the series even if you like Loki.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Golden Bee posted:

Having a comedy series you can shoot by yourself on a green screen is not only prescient, but it’s brilliant as a producer. No need to book talent. No need to negotiate if someone has too few lines or can’t find parking or is out of town. Plus you can edit yourself freely and get another take immediately if you come up with another bit. “me and my camera” is the only reason why people can take multiple videos a week without a team. (he’s also done longer once in the channel with more cinematography and a team.)

Compared to the ones he recently did on space jam and tomorrow war, this is a glowing review. I really recommend the series even if you like Loki.

Yeah but otoh it's important that a comedy series be funny.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the bad movies he does are alot funnier. the loki one was just explaining the plot. There are alot better examples.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Nutt posted:

Yeah but otoh it's important that a comedy series be funny.

Yeah I watch plenty of youtubes that are just a person in front of a green screen. This was annoying and went on way too long.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Shageletic posted:

the bad movies he does are alot funnier. the loki one was just explaining the plot. There are alot better examples.

Yeah, the format really only works for bad movies.

The one for Tomorrow War was great. Just endlessly pointing out how stupid it was and all the ridiculous, massive plot holes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1420761223310680074?s=21

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I’ve got nothing against ShangChi whoever he is (honestly never heard of the character before) but I wish this had been Iron Fist instead, man they ruined my boy :negative: I loved the character and I couldn’t even finish half the tv show I kept falling asleep

Would be great if Luke and the rest came back

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Luke Cage was incredibly underappreciated. When I finally watched it I was blown away by the quality.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yeah, the format really only works for bad movies.

The one for Tomorrow War was great. Just endlessly pointing out how stupid it was and all the ridiculous, massive plot holes.

My favorite is still the one for John Wick which is a very good movie.

Writer: She dies of being the wife of the main character in an action movie.

Producer: You can't mess with dogs.

Writer: No sir, you can't. People like them much better than they like humans.

Producer: So what does the droopy-breasted witch do next?

Plus just the part where the Producer loses his smile completely.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 29, 2021

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is there going to be anything between 'What If' and this though, that's my question

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is there going to be anything between 'What If' and this though, that's my question

Ms Marvel would round out the Sept/Oct slot

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Black Widow also goes off of Premium in October, if anybody is waiting for that like me

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Infinitum posted:

If that was coming before Hawkeye they would have said that, as the other goon said, probably in the new year.

I just hope What If is long enough to not give me the withdrawls.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

What If is ten episodes, so if I can read a calendar right, it will be a five week gap between that and Hawkeye.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Presumably something like The Book of Boba Fett or whatever slots in there.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm going to guess that covid hosed the shooting schedule and that's why there's going to be a gap.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Klungar posted:

Presumably something like The Book of Boba Fett or whatever slots in there.

I get the sense that they're totally okay with Marvel and Star Wars running on Disney+ at the same time, with one on wed and the other on fridays.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1420807790365339651

I think it has new scenes there (was that Kang?)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Desperado Bones posted:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1420807790365339651

I think it has new scenes there (was that Kang?)

If you're talking about 16 seconds in? That looks more like Galactus.

Also apparently it crosses over with Overwatch because those are Bastions at the end.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

If you're talking about 16 seconds in? That looks more like Galactus.

Also apparently it crosses over with Overwatch because those are Bastions at the end.

holy poo poo if it's indeed Galactus :kingsley:

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
Pretty sure it's Ultron/Vision.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Infinitum posted:

I’d be kind of shocked but pumped because What If is certainly going into September.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

MisterDuck posted:

That's what it looked like to me.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

MisterDuck posted:

It's 100% this. The ears and the red skin are the giveaway. It's "What if Ultron actually got to use The Vision body he made."

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

MisterDuck posted:

Whichever character is, is still awesome.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i assume, the finale of this cartoon will be "launching our buddy Capt. Killmonger through the wall-between-worlds so he can rejoin the live action MCU"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

Whichever character is, is still awesome.

eh

Mameluke posted:

i assume, the finale of this cartoon will be "launching our buddy Capt. Killmonger through the wall-between-worlds so he can rejoin the live action MCU"
No way, although it wouldn't shock me.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mameluke posted:

i assume, the finale of this cartoon will be "launching our buddy Capt. Carter through the wall-between-worlds so he can rejoin the live action MCU"

FTFY

Also, Hasbro unveiled the new What If... legends series. Looks like caped Spidey is 'Zombie Hunter and there's gonna be an alternate Nebula (with hair!)

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

To each their own.
:shrug:

I'm really really interested in seeing their Marvel Zombies episode...which it's definitely not gonna be as gory as the comics lol.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Shouldn't the hyper-advanced Wakandans been able to keep their prince from getting kidnapped by aliens?

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

live with fruit posted:

Shouldn't the hyper-advanced Wakandans been able to keep their prince from getting kidnapped by aliens?

Mistakes were made.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The wakandans believe that being kidnapped is character building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MisterDuck posted:

If you look at the YT upload you can clearly see the Mind Gem in Ultronvision's head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-7Q7bUYgKk