Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I was watching Atlanta and it was a plot point and people in the thread told me this sort of thing happens all the time IIRR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Hard disagree on F is For Family. It’s a great cartoon, particularly if your a little older than 40.

I'm over 40, and love Bill Burr (mostly) and Laura Dern (totally), and I thought it was a fizzle.

Burr's at his best with observational bits; his whole "things were different in my day" schtick is his least interesting act.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'd like to run against someone cosplaying with guns and then challenge them to show up to the range, especially people like boebert where its 100% performative and they have garbage optics and cheap furniture

PookBear fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 31, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
If any of their supporters gave a poo poo about follow-through it wouldnt be an issue. Real Americans support WWE characters for the highest office of the land

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

PookBear posted:

I'd like to run against someone cosplaying with guns and then challenge them to show up to the range, especially people like boebert where its 100% performative and they have garbage optics and cheap furniture
The cosplaying is the point.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

GD_American posted:

I'm over 40, and love Bill Burr (mostly) and Laura Dern (totally), and I thought it was a fizzle.

Burr's at his best with observational bits; his whole "things were different in my day" schtick is his least interesting act.

I liked some gags like the kids running off to play with zero supervision and the parents being fine with it as it’s the 70s, or how thrilled he was to watch an awful Midwestern football team in a terrible stadium, but a lot of it began to fall into cliches. His boss is fat, that’s the joke. This other character is gay and his wife doesn’t notice.

The gross out humor got a bit much and felt like a crutch. South Park has been doing that better for decades so the novelty is gone.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

GD_American posted:

Yeah I guess it just hits the right chords for me. I can understand people not liking it, but like I said it just sorta hits me right.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

PookBear posted:

I'm a civilian and I wish this often.

Going to the range a lot is good to occasionally see the random huge beard white dude with a 2nd amendment T and a maga hat spray an entire Glock 19 mag at a 10 yd target and not get one round in the black.

e: Feeling the same on F is for Family. Started out decent and Burr gets some occasional good rants throughout but the entire show was played out by the end of S1 and never really changed it up to make it worthwhile after that.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

That Works posted:

I'm a civilian and I wish this often.

Going to the range a lot is good to occasionally see the random huge beard white dude with a 2nd amendment T and a maga hat spray an entire Glock 19 mag at a 10 yd target and not get one round in the black.

Of course he doesn't - he likes his groupings segregated.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

lol

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

BIG HEADLINE posted:

:kiss:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

BIG HEADLINE posted:

:eyepop:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

I haven't thought about two enchilda, rice, and bean tv dinners in an age.

I remember eating the hell out of them as a kid. I think I'm gonna go pick one up for nostalgias sake

Trip report before the thread closes for the month, but lol this was a mistake. I guess poo poo just tastes better when you grow up with it. It was real bad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Platystemon posted:

Will we get the awful hospital TV or the somewhat less bad airline movie selection?

Hey, now, I was on a Delta flight last month and got to see the first four episodes of The Office UK, which blows the absolute poo poo out of the US version which is one of two shows Comedy Central shows nowadays.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Defenestrategy posted:

Trip report before the thread closes for the month, but lol this was a mistake. I guess poo poo just tastes better when you grow up with it. It was real bad.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975146&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, now, I was on a Delta flight last month and got to see the first four episodes of The Office UK, which blows the absolute poo poo out of the US version which is one of two shows Comedy Central shows nowadays.

Thankfully i don't hate South Park yet

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The american Office is just loving terrible all around. Cringe comedy was popular for a moment and they drug that poo poo out for a decade. Parks and Rec is only marginally better, because of casting, the format is absolute poo poo.

The brits were right to cut scripted series down to 6-8 episodes.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Cringe comedy is hideous and I knew I was an old man when it became the rage and I hated it

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Defenestrategy posted:

kids have defective taste buds and inflict all kinds of horror on parents

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The american Office is just loving terrible all around. Cringe comedy was popular for a moment and they drug that poo poo out for a decade. Parks and Rec is only marginally better, because of casting, the format is absolute poo poo.

The brits were right to cut scripted series down to 6-8 episodes.

I liked both when they were first airing and they took some risks and it wasn’t run into the ground. Now there are Dunder mifflin shirts everywhere and Ron swanson’s face slapped on cheap junk.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I liked the Office.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The office was fine, but the material isnt strong enough to base your whole personality around. Its simply not Anchorman level, and I dont see why people dont talk about that more.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh2HWT8gPeY

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My exwife would watch the office dvds on repeat. She loved it. It's why I know Jim and Pam are the worst people on the show.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Defenestrategy posted:

Appreciate you taking one for the team before I got a chance to.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
When you grow up you're supposed to make the real stuff yourself

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My exwife would watch the office dvds on repeat. She loved it. It's why I know Jim and Pam are the worst people on the show.

Most everyone on the show is garbage in their own way and the supporting cast makes up the tolerable/enjoyable people but, after having watched through S4 (and DVRing the first half of 5 off Comedy Central but deleting it as I couldn't be bothered), the only redeeming about the show has been Jim and Pam (though I've heard they get worse as you get deeper into the series. I'm almost certain it's because I was literally in the exact same situation Jim was with office dating a couple years ago.

The difference was, not having the writing staff doing screenplays of my life, I didn't get the girl in the end.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Eej posted:

When you grow up you're supposed to make the real stuff yourself

Yea, and I do make the real stuff. I just have real low standards and am not above microwave dinners

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CBJSprague24 posted:

Most everyone on the show is garbage in their own way and the supporting cast makes up the tolerable/enjoyable people but, after having watched through S4 (and DVRing the first half of 5 off Comedy Central but deleting it as I couldn't be bothered), the only redeeming about the show has been Jim and Pam (though I've heard they get worse as you get deeper into the series. I'm almost certain it's because I was literally in the exact same situation Jim was with office dating a couple years ago.

The difference was, not having the writing staff doing screenplays of my life, I didn't get the girl in the end.

Once they get married, they're way shittier than the earlier seasons. Passive aggressive decision making. And they did that stupid wedding dance down the aisle that now looks as dumb as it really was, because that show is not aging well.

There are lots of reasons to hate Jim/Pam. Kraszinski running off to do right wing propaganda was the nail in the coffin for me watching anything else he even remotely appears in.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the US version of The Office missed the point about what the show was about so loving hard

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Once they get married, they're way shittier than the earlier seasons. Passive aggressive decision making. And they did that stupid wedding dance down the aisle that now looks as dumb as it really was, because that show is not aging well.

There are lots of reasons to hate Jim/Pam. Kraszinski running off to do right wing propaganda was the nail in the coffin for me watching anything else he even remotely appears in.

I haven't gotten that far in the series yet (and may not), but wasn't there something about that being because the original idea was to have Roy ride in on a horse in a last-ditch effort to win Pam back and, when it didn't work, Dwight was going to try to ride it across Niagara Falls before the writers thought it was too hosed to kill off a horse, at which point they went "Ok, we need to fill time here with literally anything else"?

e- Don't get me wrong, neither ending is a good one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've fortunately masked most memories of that show with a thick coating of THC, I don't remember the specifics about the episode besides the dance because it was everywhere at the time. Just a fad that ran that summer, like that time in the 90s when swing music was big for two months.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I've fortunately masked most memories of that show with a thick coating of THC, I don't remember the specifics about the episode besides the dance because it was everywhere at the time. Just a fad that ran that summer, like that time in the 90s when swing music was big for two months.

my friend, now we have electroswing, and its so much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2uHgIqc5jo

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

RFC2324 posted:

If that's the better version, I'd hate to see the original. Thought I was going to have seizure watching that video.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 1, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

that's a really obnoxious video.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh yeah jack ryan season 2 trailers had us quaking in fear hoping a hero would save us from… the Venezuelan nuclear threat?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

RFC2324 posted:

I'm unaware that there are any other electroswing groups other than Caravan Palace. I still remain blissfully unaware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6yKMDiSD8

I only found out about them because years ago, their main music video came out, which ran the gamut of "wtf is this furry poo poo" to "oh they're french, n/m" to "hey wait what the gently caress this is really good" to "oh poo poo, that took a turn"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4

Provided we're not all dead by February, show #3 coming up.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Looks like they unmasked who was funding the Arizona “audit.” It’s a bunch of bs Trump backs like Mike Flynn, Sidney Powell, and some OANN douche bags, to no one’s surprise.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/arizona-audit-michael-flynn-sidney-powell-oan-patrick-byrne-funding_n_6104afcde4b0048f361d70b1

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Looks like they unmasked who was funding the Arizona “audit.” It’s a bunch of bs Trump backs like Mike Flynn, Sidney Powell, and some OANN douche bags, to no one’s surprise.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/arizona-audit-michael-flynn-sidney-powell-oan-patrick-byrne-funding_n_6104afcde4b0048f361d70b1

How desperate do you have to be to climb the ladder/please Durr Fuhrer to be a reporter for a third-rate "news" network and shell out a portion of $605k to fund this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

facialimpediment posted:

I'm unaware that there are any other electroswing groups other than Caravan Palace. I still remain blissfully unaware.

I wanted to avoid caravan palace since they are THE big name afaict, and that particular song is a ton of fun in synth riders

I also like Parov Stelar, but there is a ton of weird poo poo there