Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Honestly want to know the woke term for tr*mp st*mp

trump stump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

haveblue posted:

tramp stamp reading "this place is not a place of honor"
Yeah when I get the money I'm definitely getting one, except tackier

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Honestly want to know the woke term for tr*mp st*mp
"Inoffensive" is a far less douchey way put the same sentiment. Also I have no issue with it because I am most decidedly a tramp.

Ellie Crabcakes fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 31, 2021

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

rotor posted:

trump stump?

Tromp stomp

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Meanwhile, Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Depository has like "BOOTYLICIOUS" written across its seven-foot-thick steel doors...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
watched predator tonight

god it’s so good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"butt hat" btw

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm just baffled that both "tr*mp st*mp" is unacceptable and using the term "woke" is now apparently a marker of a douchebag.

i can't keep up with this

vvvv see to me a t-s is not just any lower back tattoo, but specifically one that's lame and trashy like a bunch of tribal swooshes with a white girl aphorism in the middle.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's a tattoo on the lower back. it doesn't need a special term. you just call it a "lower back tattoo"

but i like "butt hat" too that's pretty good

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

A lumbar likeness?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

crack calligraphy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gluteogram

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nickywhat/status/1420840951854125062

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

i'm just baffled that both "tr*mp st*mp" is unacceptable and using the term "woke" is now apparently a marker of a douchebag.

i can't keep up with this

vvvv see to me a t-s is not just any lower back tattoo, but specifically one that's lame and trashy like a bunch of tribal swooshes with a white girl aphorism in the middle.

all tattoos are trashy tho

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

:rolleyes:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
im gonna own the trashiness

gonna tattoo my left buttcheek with the chinese sign for «juicy»

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sagebrush posted:

i can't keep up with this.
Sure you can, you probably just don't want to. I mean, if you're having trouble getting your head around it, just search youtube for "woke" and see what the general tone is these days.

And as for why tramp stamp might be problematic I mean, gently caress, it's not that complicated.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

shut up, nerd

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ymgve posted:

im gonna own the trashiness

gonna tattoo my left buttcheek with the chinese sign for «juicy»

me too, but only because the guy told me it means "mighty warrior"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Decided to kick back, drink a few beers and watch JUNGLE CRUISE and you know what? Perfectly charming film. The Rock is as charismatic as ever and Emily Blunt is very good as the tomboy adventuress. It's equal parts Indiana Jones, The Mummy and Pirates of the Caribbean - The cursed conquistadors who are chasing our heroes (and don't get enough screentime imo) are very much like Davy Jones' fishmen crew in design. Absolutely a good family film, but there might be a few scary moments for younger kids from the aforementioned crew, the captain especially is made of snakes and I could see him being frightening.

Also lol at the main title and recurring theme music being an instrumental of 'Nothing Else Matters'

I had a big lmao at the main antagonist getting a perfect Wile. E . Coyote death at the end as well.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
watchin OG iron man

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

watchin OG iron man

the muskman paid to have a cameo in the second one

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Decided to kick back, drink a few beers and watch JUNGLE CRUISE and you know what? Perfectly charming film. The Rock is as charismatic as ever and Emily Blunt is very good as the tomboy adventuress. It's equal parts Indiana Jones, The Mummy and Pirates of the Caribbean - The cursed conquistadors who are chasing our heroes (and don't get enough screentime imo) are very much like Davy Jones' fishmen crew in design. Absolutely a good family film, but there might be a few scary moments for younger kids from the aforementioned crew, the captain especially is made of snakes and I could see him being frightening.

Also lol at the main title and recurring theme music being an instrumental of 'Nothing Else Matters'

I had a big lmao at the main antagonist getting a perfect Wile. E . Coyote death at the end as well.

watched it today too, glad they did a back side of water joke

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxlmjYq0eHc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’ve been mocking the term “woke” since like 2012. it’s never been anything more than shorthand for “thing I like” or “thing I dislike.” it’s fun to use ironically to piss off liberals as well as to use sincerely to piss off slightly more conservative liberals

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

I’ve been mocking the term “woke” since like 2012. it’s never been anything more than shorthand for “thing I like” or “thing I dislike.” it’s fun to use ironically to piss off liberals as well as to use sincerely to piss off slightly more conservative liberals

tbf it's one of the many, many pieces of slang that came from black social media (in this case black twitter and popularized by blm) which white people subsequently drove directly into the ground

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

true but even black Twitter was using it in an extremely “just finished sociology 201 and am signing up to canvass for Obama 2012” way

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

plz transfer my incoming anime probe to this post tia

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QFBZgAZx7g

this is a really good sunday afternoon movie, and you can watch it with people who don't know about anime

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i liked it because it is about airplane.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
surely you can't be serious

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bc9z5Tmq4w

the year is 12 million and it's vampires now

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLPdgcGPRg

it's wild when the old dude does coke gummers all under his fuckin dentures

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 1, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

me watching redline the first time: man all these crazy sci fi cars and insane alien drivers. this is so creative and unique. i wonder which one is the main character?
the movie: and here's a guy with a pompadour who drives a classic american muscle car
me: oh

i liked it anyway though because it is about car

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 1, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

If you like movie about car have I got a franchise for you

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
hoverwife is watching fast 6 now

it's weird to me that this came out in 2013, it doesn't feel nearly a decade old

also lol the rock appears to have intentionally tanned himself to be darker than vin diesel

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
latest kenshin movie is okay. a lot of the action sequences felt clipped, and while that's excusable in the fights he's supposed to be dominating, in the more even fights — especially against the shinsengumi captain and at the temple — it just seems like bad direction and editing, with the action just not being conveyed very well. the leads had nice chemistry, and they did a good job of making kenshin's actor look younger, almost just a kid. ultimately it's the same plot as the manga, of course, and is almost scene-for-scene the same as the trust & betrayal ova

in other netflix news, the french lupin series isn't worth watching. if you're really hard up for a heist sequence, you can watch the first episode, but there's really just not enough substance to justify watching the rest, and a lot of the writing is inspid

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
if i was hard up for a heist move i would simply watch The Italian Job with marky mark

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed2q_b5rhvo

lmao

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
it’s called a tramp stamp because charlie
chaplin first popularized jt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

surely you can't be serious

i am always serious. and don't call me shirly