Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
JaVale TV show when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

karmicknight posted:

JaVale TV show when?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m surprised we don’t see more reality TV shows with players.

Hard knocks like show I guess

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
There have been a few but they never get any ratings. In general most athletes aren't that interesting day to day. I know there's been even more filmed that never aired.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Cedric Ceballos and Shawn Marion did amazing race. I think there was also a former player father-college player son duo but struggling to remember now. Big Easy and Flight Time, too, they did it a couple of times.

It's me, I'm the amazing race watcher.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I enjoyed that a lot.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Incredible. Quoting for the next page

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zogo posted:

A conspiracy doesn't need a consistent narrative to exist. Nothing is consistent over decades as all facets of oversight change drastically decade-by-decade. The world changes year-by-year. Not many NBA players were on the Internet in 1985 as one example. What was most profitable in 1985 may not be relevant in 2021. In a couple of words: paradigm shifts.

Sports leagues are not a regular business scenario. Owners do not want to annihilate other owners because that would decrease revenue. Steve Ballmer cannot purchase ten NBA franchises (even though he has the money).

All thirty owners are beneficiaries every year (even in the midst of a pandemic). An owner can make dozens of bad decisions, have a horrendous W/L record and act like a jackass in front of the whole world and still make tons of $$$ each year. No NBA owner can lose* and it's been that way for a long time. The last time there was an NBA franchise death was 1955. Basically guaranteed long-term solvency until society itself collapses. Very few businesses can make that claim.

Also, a conspiracy doesn't need to be actively making ongoing moves in a completely predictable manner like an automaton. There's nothing supernatural or occultist about the endeavor to maximize money.

*unless you say racist stuff on a phone call. And your punishment is that you have to sell your team and only make billions of dollars in the sale. Losing some long-term $$$.

You've said this before Zogo and honestly it's a lot of words that mean nothing and attempts to argue nothing in the context the lottery is fixed conspiracy discussions

Cuban is a libertarian shithead who was pitching a fit up and down about the NBA buying the Pelicans and also the NBA trading for Carl Landry when they were in the middle of the playoff hunt and I'm expected to believe that Cuban will have a Grinch Who Stole Christmas moment and do something completely against his previous actions so that *checks notes* the Pelicans can get Zion and save basketball in New Orleans.

I'll be out of town next weekend so I may not be around to read your reply

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 1, 2021

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Bam is actually a nickname his mom gave him after Bam Bam from the Flintstones. True facts.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
We should all bend the knee to Papa Xi. LeBron is right, yet again.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

You've said this before Zogo and honestly it's a lot of words that mean nothing and attempts to argue nothing in the context the lottery is fixed conspiracy discussions

Cuban is a libertarian shithead who was pitching a fit up and down about the NBA buying the Pelicans and also the NBA trading for Carl Landry when they were in the middle of the playoff hunt and I'm expected to believe that Cuban will have a Grinch Who Stole Christmas moment and do something completely against his previous actions so that *checks notes* the Pelicans can get Zion and save basketball in New Orleans.

I'll be out of town next weekend so I may not be around to read your reply

You only know Cuban's public persona. The NBA knows him as someone who's done tons of blackmail worthy things, with an organization that seemingly cannot stop sexually harassing any woman who walks past. They could lever him all sorts of ways if he didn't want to go along with a plot.

The NBA had a ref who was blatantly shaving points, players who called it out were fined. They're capable of lots of things. Lots of things are true, and many things are possible.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Cuban like the Trailblazers did a very thorough and thoughtful investigation and they believe they are on the right path today.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

He's on one tonight.
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1421638051470577665?s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yesss

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

You only know Cuban's public persona. The NBA knows him as someone who's done tons of blackmail worthy things, with an organization that seemingly cannot stop sexually harassing any woman who walks past. They could lever him all sorts of ways if he didn't want to go along with a plot.

The NBA had a ref who was blatantly shaving points, players who called it out were fined. They're capable of lots of things. Lots of things are true, and many things are possible.

So the same corporation that made the Tim Donaghy scandal go completely away by threatening to cut off any and all access for sports media also couldn’t stop the same media from publishing a story that would nullify this valuable blackmail material needed to keep the league balanced and viable

And this is the same Cuban that voted against the entire league when they stripped Sterling of ownership?

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 1, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1421663838362079242

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Bobby!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in 15 years every other top prospect will be named javale

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Gobias Ind. posted:

The moves Masai makes usually don't end up leaking, so I'm going to assume all these weird/bad deal reports are bullshit until something actually happens.

Fischer had the Raps taking Barnes, which ended up being a total shock, so I'd say he's legit

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
With the Pistons waiving Co Jo among others, this team is insanely young. \
Jerami Grant has played 7 years
Jahlil Okafor has played 6 years
Wayne Ellington has played 12

(If he comes back) Rodney McGruder has played 5 years
Josh Jackson 4 years
Dennis Smith 4 years

I have no idea what the plan is for next year, but this team is going to be very young. I think there's more than just chasing Chet Holmgren, but in typical Troy Weaver style, I have no idea what.

If they waive McGruder, they have 22m in cap space. I'm not sure how much of that is left after signing all the picks. Mysterious

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 1, 2021

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

With the Pistons waiving Co Jo among others, this team is insanely young. \
Jerami Grant has played 7 years
Jahlil Okafor has played 6 years
Wayne Ellington has played 12

(If he comes back) Rodney McGruder has played 5 years
Josh Jackson 4 years
Dennis Smith 4 years

I have no idea what the plan is for next year, but this team is going to be very young. I think there's more than just chasing Chet Holmgren, but in typical Troy Weaver style, I have no idea what.

If they waive McGruder, they have 22m in cap space. I'm not sure how much of that is left after signing all the picks. Mysterious

Very curious who they’re chasing with that cap space. As it stands 3/5 of the likely starting lineup can’t buy a drink. Any aspirations above sneaking into the play-in are basically off the table unless Cade is already a superstar. Seems like the goal is develop, develop, develop.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

pistons will likely use that cap space to take on a veteran on a bad contract in exchange for picks

john wall would be a good candidate if the rockets are desperate to get him off the books

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
*chasing Paolo Banchero

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1421695952725946368

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Very curious who they’re chasing with that cap space. As it stands 3/5 of the likely starting lineup can’t buy a drink. Any aspirations above sneaking into the play-in are basically off the table unless Cade is already a superstar. Seems like the goal is develop, develop, develop.

Good chunk of it will probably go to Hammerdo Diablo & Frank Jackson and now the rumor is that they’re chasing Kelly Olynyk & Nerlens Noel.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Menstrual Show posted:

Hammerdo Diablo

:raise:

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Has any player had better teammates than Westbrook?

- Rondo?
- Ray Allen?
- Pippen?
- Kyrie?
- Random guys from the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Calidus posted:

- Rondo?
- Ray Allen?
- Pippen?
- Kyrie?

Kevin Durant mb

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Calidus posted:

- Rondo?
- Ray Allen?
- Pippen?
- Kyrie?

Horry
Barkley
Shaq

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Calidus posted:

Iggy

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Assuming Vogel actually plays him they could really use Ellington

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Free Wayne Ellington. He deserves a ring as a role player.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

steve kerr had good team mates (on the teams that he was on)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1421898225804587008?s=19
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1421899003537633282?s=19

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Can’t wait for LeBron/Melo/Iguodala/Lou Williams/Boogie lineups

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mikal bridges was doing some recruiting on twitter with iggy. not sure if that'd constitute a wing log jam but i could see it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So Goran is going to Dallas in a S&T to facilitate a Lowry deal right?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

goran dallas? whoa lady. i only speak two languages. slovene and bad slovene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

WhyteRyce posted:

So Goran is going to Dallas in a S&T to facilitate a Lowry deal right?

Why would they pick up his option just to ship him to Dallas to eat in the cap space? I think he's being used as salary filler for a Lowry S&T.

I'd really like Goran in Dallas, though, especially if it looks like we're missing out on Conley/Lonzo/Lowry

edit: I suppose we might contribute some way to a 3 team trade and send like, Dwight Powell and WCS out for Dragic, but idk.

jackofarcades fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 1, 2021