Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arban
Aug 28, 2017

Ziv Zulander posted:

Sure thing there anders breivik

What the actual gently caress ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Way to ruin a perfectly fine steak. You're supposed to season it before you grill it.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Arban posted:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Arban posted:

Anders Brevik wanted to make poison bullets using nicotine because of its high lethality. It’s an obscure bit of trivia and Jesus Christ I can’t believe I have to say this but don’t compare posters to white supremacist terrorists to drop trivia nuggets.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

Oh God

Hunts :barf:

I will fight you!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Paladinus posted:

Way to ruin a perfectly fine steak. You're supposed to season it before you grill it.

Why I season my CPU not my STEAK

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I will fight you!

I'll wait till you finish your Peter pan peanut butter, palmer chocolate, and diet Pepsi

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Imagine how disappointed the seven generations of bum garners in her family must be.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

The Bloop posted:

I'll wait till you finish your Peter pan peanut butter, palmer chocolate, and diet Pepsi

goddrat

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

I like Hunt's Ketchup, I'm not brain damaged

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Iron Crowned posted:

I like Hunt's Ketchup, I'm not brain damaged

I'm a literal Hunt family relative and if you like it, you most certainly are.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSfd4zro1Hk

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hunt’s is for people who think Heinz is made by communists

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also if you wanna enjoy ketchup never ever ever look in the tomato trucks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wasabi the J posted:

This is basically true of almost all processed foods and I don't give a single poo poo

Gross looking process is not the same as "unsafe" or whatever

Orange juice is probably worse from that perspective, come to think of it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Personally I'm just happy there's someone taking all the disgusting poo poo and making edible goodies out of them

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I like Hunt's ketchup cuz it's red like my AMERICAN BLOOD, not like the flag of that Portugaleze communist who runs Heinz!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Anders Brevik wanted to make poison bullets using nicotine because of its high lethality. It’s an obscure bit of trivia and Jesus Christ I can’t believe I have to say this but don’t compare posters to white supremacist terrorists to drop trivia nuggets.

Look at this Trivia Nugget Scientist over here

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
A lot of Canadians took against Heinz ketchup because they stopped using Canadian tomatoes or having a Canadian plant or something. I use French's now.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

I just buy cheap bbq sauce now instead of ketchup. Still just tomato syrup but a little more spiced.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I even have any ketchup at home but if I want fries someplace and I know that place doesn't have Heinz and/or Coke products I'm almost certainly going someplace else if it's my call

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sir Lemming posted:

Look at this Trivia Nugget Scientist over here

Have you ever seen how they make Trivia Nuggets?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Have you ever seen how they make Trivia Nuggets?

Think Slime

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Excuse me but I'll have you know that Peter Pan is the ultimate peanut butter

now that they no longer make the Peter Pan honey peanut butter

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Bloop posted:

This is basically true of almost all processed foods and I don't give a single poo poo

Gross looking process is not the same as "unsafe" or whatever

Orange juice is probably worse from that perspective, come to think of it

True honestly.

Brawnfire posted:

Personally I'm just happy there's someone taking all the disgusting poo poo and making edible goodies out of them

And also true.

I think that's what pisses me off about the meme and stunt food thing, and I know it's a drop in the bucket for the scale of the food waste problem, but it's so conspicuous and awful, but I'm a over-sensitive person.

Also wtf I don't know why I didn't expect Hellman's ketchup existed but it's real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E82htgZgDRo

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 07:41 on Aug 1, 2021

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
If learning how a food is made turns you off that food, you never really liked that food. :colbert:

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Wasabi the J posted:

Overipe/spit produce is an issue, but isn't that taken care of by the medium tech automation intake process I've seen on 'how it works' and poo poo? Like it all gets tumbled through a shower to wash off critters and debris and then some kind of computer controlled selection process happens that is supposed to use a 'jet of air' to pop the bad produce off the line; then they always seem to go through a round of human inspection on top of that.

I really love watching the machines do their thing on those shows, they're weirdly mesmerizing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You boil most things enough and you can eat them so I'm not much bothered what it looks like going in if you get something good out the other end.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mold, insect eggs

So what, unless they are harmful

Yo dude there's like a billion bacteria per square inch on your [literally everything]

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

tell you what just collect all the mold and insect eggs and make a viscous paste with it

I'll spread it on my toast

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ketchup is made in factories

Catsup is made in breeding centers

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the grim reality of catsup production.

red dye 40 for color.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Brawnfire posted:

tell you what just collect all the mold and insect eggs and make a viscous paste with it

It's called Vegemite.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Brawnfire posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I like cheese too

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

If you get a fig dtraight off the tree that's just a little overripe you will find fruit fly maggots in it. So presumably the ripe ones still have eggs.
But whatever, that's just a part of eating fruit. It does make me wonder about the viability of true veganism though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
figs have little wasps that are born from eggs injected inside the fig and don't really have a life outside of it. they only exist to gently caress the lady wasp and then they drop dead.

"it's cool!" -God