Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

First impressions! Let's break it down

Max Wilco posted:

So here's my report from my start with FF14.

I decided to stick with the initial advice I got of starting out with a Black Mage for DPS, and made a Duskwight Elezen. My initial plan was to do a elf mage character, but I saw Duskwights got a bonus to INT and so I changed it to dark elf mage. I picked Thaumaturge for the Disclipine, though I had to check online, because I (unless I missed it on the screen) the game doesn't describe which Disclipine is linked to what job.

Race is completely cosmetic. The stat differences are literally low single digits when your stats will be in the thousands. Don't see many Duskwights around, so you'll be bringing some variety to the world!

quote:

Since I picked Thaumaturge, I start in Ul'dah. I went to the Guild Inn and started doing quests I ran across. I did that for about 3 hours before I stopped for the evening, but I made it to Level 9. Out of all the quests I did, only one was a major story quest (the one where you find the noble lady in front of the tree, fight a boss, and get the crystal cutscene). Most of the others were FedEx quests or 'kill ten bears and collect ten bear asses' stuff.

My memory of the brief time I spent with WOW isn't the best, but it seem like with the 'kill ten monsters and collect items' style quests, there's not the issue where only a third of the enemies have the items. If you need to collect four vial of Cactuar blood, you only need to kill four Cactaurs. It makes things feel a bit more expedient. Like I said, though, I don't remember a whole lot of WOW, so maybe it's the same.

Unlike WoW, the Main Scenario Quest (MSQ) is your primary way of progressing through the game. Sidequests are for filling in the world and the people in it, though there are exceptions. They do give exp, but not very much. Some reward emotes, gear, minions, etc. But yes, when you do get a 'kill X' quest, the drops are almost always 100%

quote:

The magic system is a little weird. The ice spell reduces costs once you get the element active, and it recharges you mana, while the fire spell consumes more MP when you cast it in succession, but does more damage, and makes the ice spell cheaper. The way I did it most of the time, I'd either spam just Ice, or I'd spam Fire when I was at full MP, then switch to Blizzard when my mana started to get low. I got the Lightning spell, but it doesn't seem to have any elemental effect, and it didn't seem to do great damage.

The astral/umbral system is unique to Thaumaturge (which becomes Black Mage, btw). You're far too low to see the whole picture of it, but the general conceit of the class/job is spending as much time doing as much big damage in astral mode before you're forced to swap to umbral to recharge your MP. It becomes far more complete as you level. Also, Thunder is your DoT.

quote:

One thing that's neat with combat is the bonuses you get if you defeat multiple enemies in a row, which I think is how I got up to Level 9 as quickly as I did. I had one or two close calls, but for the most part, I was able to fight some enemies at or a level higher than me at a couple of points, and got some bonus XP for it. There's also doesn't seem to be a lot of level scaling, because I went back to the central plain, and those enemies were still around Level 1-3.

However, combat feels really slow, but maybe that's just the nature of MMO combat. I imagine once you get to higher levels, things pick up and get more interesting. I wish moving around was faster. It sounds like you can get chocobos at Level 10, but I don't know if you get to keep them, or if it's just like a rental or something. A lot of the other players I saw had pets, including one who was around the same level as me, but I never saw where to get one. I imagine you can't ride them inside cities, either, since I never saw anyone riding one in the city.

When I quit for the night, I tried talking to the innkeeper, but they said I couldn't stay unless I spoke to the lady who gave me the quests when I arrived. Do you have to be a certain level to get a room at the inn?

Combat becomes more complex and interesting as you get new spells and abilities. Black mage itself is a bit of a plate-spinning job, but it's real good at blowing things up. As for mounts, chocobo companions, the inn room; all those will unlock as you progress the MSQ. Just remember that there's no rush to level cap and that's not where the "real game" begins. You have a massive story in front of you, and all of that is the game.

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Taima posted:

Ok thanks yall I have to be real I'm kind of disappointed how hard it is to change jobs (sounds like there's no really easy way) but whatever, I don't hate Bard so I'll probably just stick it out until I beat the story.

Another question if yall dont mind:

As I mentioned I'm level 69. However the story quest is WAY behind my level. I'm at level 60 story quests and I'm almost 70. Is that normal? I feel like I get absolutely no experience for doing story quests. I get like 16k experience for doing one quest but I need 11 MILLION EXPERIENCE just to get one level. Even a duty roulette is 60k and barely moves the bar. As a result I feel like nothing I do is leveling my character, and it's a very strange feeling. What's up with this?
It's extremely easy to change jobs relative to games where jobs are locked to a character, but if what you want is is immediately progress on level 60 quests after not not touching anything aside from BRD since the start then your only choice is GNB or DNC, which are level 60 expansion jobs. Leveling jobs after your first is much faster though since you've unlocked more sources of experience, there's bonus exp for it being a lower level, and you have better gearing options and just generally a more stuff to do. Taking something from 50 to 60 for example, should be something like a week of doing a bunch of dailies (and you have RDM and SAM at 50 even if you didn't touch anything else so far).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
FYI while you used to have to use an inn to get the rested XP bonus, now you get it as long as you log out in a sanctuary (ie the major cities and the locations around where you teleport in to regular maps). You'll know if you are in a sanctuary if there is a crescent moon symbol at the end of your XP bar.

shoc77
Apr 21, 2015
Another question, how do you level up gathering jobs?

I just picked up mining but have yet to see any nodes while roaming in the world. Do I have to switch to miner from my main job before the nodes will appear?

Also, when is a good time to start levelling a 2nd combat class as I already seem to be overlevelled? My thaumaturge is currently level 20 but I'm still doing quests around the level 15 range.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Algid posted:

Taking something from 50 to 60 for example, should be something like a week of doing a bunch of dailies (and you have RDM and SAM at 50 even if you didn't touch anything else so far).

Which dailies are these? I'm levelling my second job now and anything to make it quicker than grinding PotD would be nice.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

shoc77 posted:

I just picked up mining but have yet to see any nodes while roaming in the world. Do I have to switch to miner from my main job before the nodes will appear?

Also, when is a good time to start levelling a 2nd combat class as I already seem to be overlevelled? My thaumaturge is currently level 20 but I'm still doing quests around the level 15 range.

You do indeed have to switch to miner to see mining nodes. The best way to level gathering jobs, however, is to do gathering leves which give an absolutely massive amount of experience comparatively.

You can level up a second class whenever you want, there's no need to wait for anything. I would recommend making a non-dps as your second choice, as healers and to a lesser extent tanks get massively reduced queue times so if you want to do a quick dungeon for the MSQ then that really speeds it up rather than you having to kill time for 15 minutes to get in as DPS.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Which dailies are these? I'm levelling my second job now and anything to make it quicker than grinding PotD would be nice.

Leveling Roulette, Alliance Raid Roulette, MSQ Roulette and Frontline Roulette all give a fuckton of exp.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

:hellyeah:

quote:

The magic system is a little weird. The ice spell reduces costs once you get the element active, and it recharges you mana, while the fire spell consumes more MP when you cast it in succession, but does more damage, and makes the ice spell cheaper. The way I did it most of the time, I'd either spam just Ice, or I'd spam Fire when I was at full MP, then switch to Blizzard when my mana started to get low. I got the Lightning spell, but it doesn't seem to have any elemental effect, and it didn't seem to do great damage.

You’ve got the idea. If spamming Blizzard is your baseline, I-can-do-this-all-day damage, then casting Fire does more damage more quickly, but you have to stop at some point to regen. But you can always go back to casting Blizzard anytime, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by burning through your MP.

Thunder is a bit of an odd duck, especially that early. It’s stronger than a Fire if it lasts the whole duration, but you won’t find enemies with enough health for that until you start going into dungeons. You generally want to cast it among your Blizzards since you’re waiting for MP anyway, and it doesn’t benefit from the fire buff.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Queueing for your highest level dungeon and doing hunt (log) targets and beast tribe dailies while standing in line is usually better XP than PotD. At least, it's both comparable and much less repetitive.

shoc77 posted:

As mentioned, you have to be a miner to see nodes. Common nodes are in specific locations and continually respawn, they're not spread all over the world like in most MMOs. For example, all of the silver ore in the game is gathered from 6 nodes within 20m of one another in South Shroud. Later there will be timed nodes with rare materials, which appear in fixed spots at fixed times of the in-game day.

Also as mentioned, just hammering rocks isn't the best XP. Levequests are one source, but the daily Grand Company turn-in is even bigger (E: you will get access to GC turn-ins from an L20ish main quest). Later you also unlock collectibles, custom deliveries and The Firmament which are likewise more efficient sources.

However, early on (<20 or so) just focus on completing your gathering log by getting one of each gatherable. This will level you very quickly. You probably don't want to worry about log completion as you get to L25+. Completion does eventually give you top-tier gatherer weapons and may scratch a completionist itch if you swing that way, so if you care about those things feel free to keep going, but it's time consuming and not an efficient way to level.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 1, 2021

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Getting one of every gatherable also has the added bonus of making them available to any future gathering retainers you might employ. You can't send them to get anything you haven't gathered yourself, so as long as you're getting at least one of every new thing, you can have them go out and get a small amount once an hour. It's not the most efficient way to gather things, but you can have them doing that in the background while you do other things.

I made my first million gil in this game partly through having a retainer go and get a particular fish whose name I can't remember anymore. It was part of a high-end (at the time) crafting recipe but was a low enough level that I could get it and it sold for a decent amount on the MB.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just want to confirm I'm doing things right -- I preordered Endwalker on Steam. I know that I don't get Stormblood and Shadowbringers until Endwalker comes out -- that's fine. But I got two codes, one for Endwalker and one for the Endwalker pre-release content. I was able to redeem the prerelease key on Mogstation, and I got the earring in-game. But am I correct in assuming I cannot redeem the Endwalker code itself until Endwalker is out?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Not until the early access on 11/19, correct.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Onean posted:

Not until the early access on 11/19, correct.

Okay - perfect. As the OP says "The website/store/account management is bullshit and obtuse and weird."

At least it's easier than when I tried to play XI....

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm hoping they'll let people add the codes a week or so early, because I could see the Mogstation getting slammed when a huge number of people try to do it at once, but we'll see.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Mogstation blocks traffic from China so I use a VPN, mogstation further triggers error i2501 from using a VPN for payments, so I switch to a proxy using the critically acclaimed browser internet explorer, mogstation then blocks proxies, so I switch to mobile (with VPN).

Also sort of weird how I need a VPN to get over the great firewall for Primal but apparently not for Elemental, which has better ping anyways. I have only myself to blame for getting and decorating a pretty house.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Finally starting to get to dungeons that are a little fun on WHM. Level 46, but Cutter's Cry is the highest level dungeon I have unlocked. I at least have my abilities and need more than 2 heals per entire run now! I have 8 different ones unlocked, but 6 out of my last 7 roulettes have all been Copperload, and my god is it boring as hell to get everything except Cure 1, Stone and Aero locked.

Even at its most frantic so far, I'm finding WHM a little slow. It's looking like Machinist will be fun as hell, but I need to be level 50 and complete ARR. Level 50 is gonna happen in no time, but can someone give me a rough estimate for how much longer I have in the ARR MSQ? I just killed the second primal, Titan. I figure I am like 2/3ish yeah?

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
So I have two questions: firstly, is it feasible to level as a new player with a friend? My friend and I have started playing together, but we've found that the main questline seems extremely multiplayer unfriendly; it frequently kicks you out of a party and forces you to do it alone (which is bizarre to me in an MMO but whatever), and the quests often involve interminably long cutscenes which one of us have no interest in watching, and it's not much fun sitting around waiting ages for the other one to finish watching the cutscenes. We started ignoring the main quests for this reason and just doing sidequests, but it seems so much slower than the main quest and a lot of unlocks seem to be gated behind the main quest, railroading you into doing them a bit. Also you seem to get so much experience from the main quest that you can feasibly level through the game (so far at least) just doing that on its own, meaning there's no time for us to even play together even if we decide to leave those quests to do individually in our own time (or we just massively overlevel everything I guess). Is there something I'm missing?

Secondly, is there a way to buy and pay my subscription through steam wallet? I am broke but I have a bit of cash stuck in my steam wallet so if I could pay via that it would be great. I had a quick look and it seems you can at least buy the game on steam with 30 days time included, although the complete edition is way more expensive on steam (£14 vs £40) - again is there something I'm missing or would I just be wasting money getting it through steam?

That said I'm considering just walking away as the new player experience is, to put it lightly, dogshit. On top of not being allowed to create a character initially, now I'm not even deigned worthy to join the queue to login as a trial player (which is astounding given the fact I've had to queue every previous time I've played the game), and I just get booted unceremoniously to the desktop. It really does feel like they don't want new players.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Doom Rooster posted:

Finally starting to get to dungeons that are a little fun on WHM. Level 46, but Cutter's Cry is the highest level dungeon I have unlocked. I at least have my abilities and need more than 2 heals per entire run now! I have 8 different ones unlocked, but 6 out of my last 7 roulettes have all been Copperload, and my god is it boring as hell to get everything except Cure 1, Stone and Aero locked.

Even at its most frantic so far, I'm finding WHM a little slow. It's looking like Machinist will be fun as hell, but I need to be level 50 and complete ARR. Level 50 is gonna happen in no time, but can someone give me a rough estimate for how much longer I have in the ARR MSQ? I just killed the second primal, Titan. I figure I am like 2/3ish yeah?

You're about halfway to unlocking the location where you can pick up Machinist. You have finish the ARR at level 50 MSQ and then there are a couple dozen quests after that before it unlocks.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Ouroboros posted:

So I have two questions: firstly, is it feasible to level as a new player with a friend? My friend and I have started playing together, but we've found that the main questline seems extremely multiplayer unfriendly; it frequently kicks you out of a party and forces you to do it alone (which is bizarre to me in an MMO but whatever), and the quests often involve interminably long cutscenes which one of us have no interest in watching, and it's not much fun sitting around waiting ages for the other one to finish watching the cutscenes. We started ignoring the main quests for this reason and just doing sidequests, but it seems so much slower than the main quest and a lot of unlocks seem to be gated behind the main quest, railroading you into doing them a bit. Also you seem to get so much experience from the main quest that you can feasibly level through the game (so far at least) just doing that on its own, meaning there's no time for us to even play together even if we decide to leave those quests to do individually in our own time (or we just massively overlevel everything I guess). Is there something I'm missing?

Secondly, is there a way to buy and pay my subscription through steam wallet? I am broke but I have a bit of cash stuck in my steam wallet so if I could pay via that it would be great. I had a quick look and it seems you can at least buy the game on steam with 30 days time included, although the complete edition is way more expensive on steam (£14 vs £40) - again is there something I'm missing or would I just be wasting money getting it through steam?

That said I'm considering just walking away as the new player experience is, to put it lightly, dogshit. On top of not being allowed to create a character initially, now I'm not even deigned worthy to join the queue to login as a trial player (which is astounding given the fact I've had to queue every previous time I've played the game), and I just get booted unceremoniously to the desktop. It really does feel like they don't want new players.

Sadly, no, the MSQ is very single player outside of dungeons and trials. There's a ton to do outside of the MSQ with friends, just not the MSQ itself if only one person is interested in cutscenes or vice versa. Maybe look into Palace of the Dead? I forget exactly what's needed to unlock it, but it's a decent side thing to do with friends if you're just looking to play together. Sidequests do give minimal experience, they're mostly meant for stuff to do on a secondary class and only if you're interested in learning more about the world. Occasionally there's a minor unlock behind them.

You can very easily level through the MSQ with the occasional Duty Roulette run. And yes, basically everything is locked behind some part of the MSQ.

If you buy the game through Steam, you actually have to use it to pay for your monthly subscription. You can't go through any other method.

And, finally, it's not that they don't want new players. The issue is they have too many new players and they're filling servers to capacity. They also can't just buy new servers or expand the ones they have, it is literally impossible for them to get them up and running any faster than they are already. There's more specific details directly from the Producer/Director in his apology here, which is worth a read on top of being a good (though semi-unecessary) apology.

Onean fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 1, 2021

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
So if my friend and I can't level through the MSQ what can we do to level? And how can we unlock the stuff that is gated behind it without spending hours doing it alone?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ouroboros posted:

So if my friend and I can't level through the MSQ what can we do to level? And how can we unlock the stuff that is gated behind it without spending hours doing it alone?

You have to spend hours doing the MSQ alone, or else buy a story and level skip if you really just wanna play higher level stuff together. Bear in mind though that if you do that, you won't have the game gradually introducing and teaching mechanics to you and will be pretty lost if you just jump into higher things.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Ouroboros posted:

FF14 considers itself a Final Fantasy game before it’s a MMO - all the side content extends out from the story established in the MSQ, and exists both to keep the story going and to be game content. Leveling outside of MSQ is going to leave you with almost nothing to do because everything unlocks through it, afraid to say.

In my opinion the best way to play with friends at first is to go through the story at your own pace and treat it like a book club thing with a small group or a community or something.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
Well that sucks. Don't see the point in an MMO I can't play with my friends...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You can play with your friends, you just also have to go through the story. But you could do all dungeons and other stuff together if you can keep the same pace.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you aren't interested in playing a long story driven JRPG then this isn't the game for you, no. It's that first and foremost.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

You can play with your friends, you just also have to go through the story. But you could do all dungeons and other stuff together if you can keep the same pace.

That honestly sounds terrible.

cheetah7071 posted:

If you aren't interested in playing a long story driven JRPG then this isn't the game for you, no. It's that first and foremost.
Ah. I was led to believe this was roughly analogous to WoW, I guess I was misinformed. It should probably mention in the 'switching from WoW' part of OP that this is a completely different genre of game and not to bother though.

Ouroboros fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 1, 2021

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ouroboros posted:

Then this may not be the game for you. The story is a huge draw of FF14. Not the only draw but a very big part of it.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Then this may not be the game for you. The story is a huge draw of FF14. Not the only draw but a very big part of it.

And continues to be with every expansion. On launch me and my friends usually split off to do story solo and then group up for each dungeon before moving on. Generally you plan to "meet up at endgame" each expansion.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Ouroboros posted:

Ah. I was led to believe this was roughly analogous to WoW, I guess I was misinformed. It should probably mention in the 'switching from WoW' part of OP that this is a completely different genre of game and not to bother though.

It's extremely analogous to WoW once you've unlocked all the content, it's just that all the content exists both for the purpose of being content and for developing the story

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Onean posted:

If you buy the game through Steam, you actually have to use it to pay for your monthly subscription. You can't go through any other method.

Adding to this, if your not playing on Steam, you can still use the Steam wallet to pay for the subscription. Currently playing on PS4 and I’m doing exactly that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mister Olympus posted:

It's extremely analogous to WoW once you've unlocked all the content, it's just that all the content exists both for the purpose of being content and for developing the story

And current events do seem to indicate that large numbers of WoW players are making the transition and loving it

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Ouroboros posted:

It should probably mention in the 'switching from WoW' part of OP that this is a completely different genre of game and not to bother though.

Plenty of us came from WoW and love it. Saying not to bother is a little dramatic.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Piell posted:

You're about halfway to unlocking the location where you can pick up Machinist. You have finish the ARR at level 50 MSQ and then there are a couple dozen quests after that before it unlocks.

Eighty. Eighty quests between the end of ARR and Heavensward.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Regy Rusty posted:

And current events do seem to indicate that large numbers of WoW players are making the transition and loving it

I'm a WoW-Classic transfer and my initial thoughts (currently a level 34 summoner)

-UI is a fuggin mess
-Game world is super chaotic and a bit of a mess
-A lot of the mechanics feel like a mess

-Dressup is fun
-MSQ is a neat idea so you're not running around the Barrens collecting 82 bear asses all the time
-Bards can play music? Should have been a bard
-Fun

The UI and graphics being kind of overwhelming at times have been the biggest barrier to fun, but the easy story and nice community has overcome it. Fixing the UI to my liking would require a lot of time and knowledge I don't have/want to use at the moment, and I only really have to cast like 3 things anyways so it's not so bad for now.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Eighty. Eighty quests between the end of ARR and Heavensward.

A lot of those go much quicker with flying and the Waking Sands teleport.

It is still a lot of quests.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm sure plenty of people do love it, but if you're forced to do hours of solo content to play the game its fundamentally a different sort of game. I play WoW with friends, I don't play solo, if I want to do that I play a single player game.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I suspect many of the wow players who enjoy FFXIV are players like me who would typically level solo in WoW too. If your fave thing in MMOs is party questing then FFXIV simply doesn't offer that right away (or at all?)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've never played WoW but my general understanding is that the main difference is FF14 has a very hard line between group content and solo content. There's TONS of group content available, but there's also tons of solo content that's required to get there, so you have to be ready for both.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

14 is the game all my friends play so I just treat the MSQ as a bit of a tax and do it while listening to podcasts and then do roulettes when other people are around. It's not I think the intended play but my options for MP are that, pubbing, or nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Pleads posted:

Fixing the UI to my liking would require a lot of time and knowledge I don't have/want to use at the moment, and I only really have to cast like 3 things anyways so it's not so bad for now.

as someone who had the same issue, if you ever do get the patience to mess around with it the UI is super customizable. it might take a frustrating amount of time to get everything to where you want but you can do some pretty neat stuff with it. personally a big fan of nested hotbars, which involves copying hotbars from unused base classes to give you access to way more bar space than you'd normally have

https://i.imgur.com/fQjUxWr.mp4