Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pragmatica posted:

Oof. I just checked my fantasy team. Only 27 points this week. :negative:

Yeah it’s been terrible if your big budget driver was anybody other than Lewis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Thanks Ants posted:

Yeah it’s been terrible if your big budget driver was anybody other than Lewis

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Apparently lewis's water bottle broke so he was incredibly dehydrated by the end of the race because it was so hot.

You could hear Lewis breathing heavily on the radio during the race at some point, I think when he got confused about being 4th/5th and having 4 cars ahead of him. Crazy drive in context.

poty fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 1, 2021

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lewis is in my team OP, I never doubted him

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8puT8kdgai4

Hopefully the people on the Merc radio noticed Lewis breathing like he was delivering a baby

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

poty posted:

You could hear Lewis breathing heavily on the radio during the race at some point, I think when he got confused about being 4th/5th and having 4 cars ahead of him. Crazy drive in context.
He also thought at one point there were 40-something laps ran when it was only around 20

shyduck fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 1, 2021

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Lewis is in my team OP, I never doubted him

Same. I refuse to put Max on my team. I also had Ocon and Sainz on my team :whatup:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
A week and a half ago I had a heart attack (blocked artery, stent fitted, 6 weeks rest, will be ok if I do as I am told). Lewis's interview on the podium looked just like I did right before my attack.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Sad for Vettel. Still sad for Lando. Funny race though.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

A week and a half ago I had a heart attack (blocked artery, stent fitted, 6 weeks rest, will be ok if I do as I am told). Lewis's interview on the podium looked just like I did right before my attack.

Dam, hope you do ok, I don't know how much longer I can keep rolling the dice on my lifestyle either.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Man that's a lovely DQ for Vettel, but as mentioned the fuel rule is pretty black and white :(

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Just finished the race after leaving to go for a hike with my wife after lap 2.

What an incredible effort by Alonso.

And Max is trash.

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
Man, Hamilton’s bitching about Alonso driving dangerously was so loving annoying.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

GopherFlats posted:

Man, Hamilton’s bitching about Alonso driving dangerously was so loving annoying.

they all do it. all the time. you and i both do it everyday driving around, everyone one else is always the arsehole.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

GopherFlats posted:

it was awesome to see such good defending

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

lmao at "frog" being considered a slur. How will the French recover

Also Lewis v Nando ruled. Didn't know Alonso still had it

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

UnfurledSails posted:

lmao at "frog" being considered a slur. How will the French recover

Also Lewis v Nando ruled. Didn't know Alonso still had it

Especially when compared so starkly with Sainz a lap later.

There are a limited number of drivers in the world capable of competing for a WDC. Sainz ain't one of them.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Who was the guy interviewing Vettel about the stewards sanctioning him for wearing the shirt at the start? He was uncomfortable agreeing when Seb criticized the ridiculousness of the sanctions. Seemed like a lovely guy.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pook Good Mook posted:

There are a limited number of drivers in the world capable of competing for a WDC. Sainz ain't one of them.

Yeah, Nico was like "not sure if Hamilton will have the laps to pass Sainz"

Nekk minnit

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

You Am I posted:

Man that's a lovely DQ for Vettel, but as mentioned the fuel rule is pretty black and white :(

it sounds like Aston Martin is going through the process to protest the DQ, A-M was saying there was 1.4l of fuel left in the car they just couldn't pull it out somehow. Where that falls on the "dog ate my homework" scale is up to you to decide.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

good lord, hope you're doing better now. rest up and follow doctor's orders.

In addition to the comment about Lewis being out of drink in the car, he's wondering if he has been dealing with 'long COVID' symptoms considering his case last year:

quote:

“I had real big dizziness and everything got a bit blurry on the podium,” Hamilton explained when he later joined the press conference. “I’ve been fighting all year with staying healthy after what happened at the end of last year. It’s a battle.”

He admitted he has struggled with his health since returning to racing. “I haven’t spoken to anyone particularly about it, but I think it is lingering,” he said.

“I remember the effects of when I had it and training’s been different since then. The levels of fatigue you get is different and it’s a real challenge, as I said, so I’m just continuing to try and train and prepare the best way I can.”

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Sainz had older tyres and both ferraris have been bad on tyres at various races as well

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I know we just got a new thread title but the next one should be queued up to be something about the Maldonado Hole

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Here let me beat the fuel rule: put 1 liter of gas in a plastic bottle not even connected to your engine. Tell the lame rule makers that’s where you get the sample. Boom, no more fuel worries.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Here let me beat the fuel rule: put 1 liter of gas in a plastic bottle not even connected to your engine. Tell the lame rule makers that’s where you get the sample. Boom, no more fuel worries.

That's practically what they do. There is usually a trough in the bottom of the tank below the engine pickup designed to hold a bit over a litre. Even if the car runs out of gas on track, there is supposed to be a litre there no matter what.

Probably Astons fuel fill/drain connection is on the side of the tank, not the bottom, and can't pickup all the way to the bottom of the trough.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Residency Evil posted:

Who was the guy interviewing Vettel about the stewards sanctioning him for wearing the shirt at the start? He was uncomfortable agreeing when Seb criticized the ridiculousness of the sanctions. Seemed like a lovely guy.

I think it was Johnny Herbert. When he spluttered through a non-answer, Nico was like, "I'll take that one, [if Vettel gets in trouble] it's ridiculous."

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
It was Simon Lazenby.

Johnny Herbert was the guy who interviewed Lewis about winning.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Cataffy posted:

It was Simon Lazenby.

Johnny Herbert was the guy who interviewed Lewis about winning.

Thanks, some of these commentators blend together for me.

I do think Nico was way better than Brundle usually is.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

harperdc posted:

In addition to the comment about Lewis being out of drink in the car, he's wondering if he has been dealing with 'long COVID' symptoms considering his case last year:

Lol that max can't even win a championship against a Lewis who is literally dying.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

alternatively Lewis almost killed himself getting past Alonso and Nico probably had a grin wider than Alonso's rear wing after the race and seeing Lewis looking more spent than a soldier's first paycheck

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
This has been a pretty drat good season so far.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

That was a very dumb race and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I'm conflicted. I want Seb to keep his 2. place, but I also want Sainz to keep his 3. place. Who can we remove from that 3. place................

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Simon Lazenby is so irrelevant that more people know him as Fake Jake than actually know who he's called

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

The glitch yesterday that piped pit lane commentary to the main feed on F1TV was actually better than the usual bullshit.

Maybe combine those guys with Niko and Button and you might have some bearable commentary for once.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

marshalljim posted:

This has been a pretty drat good season so far.

Lewis is in the lead at the summer break, but that lead is 6 points. And this is only round 11 of the season, of 23 scheduled.

there's still a long way to go. should be interesting. even if Lewis wins, he's going to have earned it for sure.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

just remembered max is gonna be mad as gently caress for 4 whole weeks

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

harperdc posted:

Lewis is in the lead at the summer break, but that lead is 6 points. And this is only round 11 of the season, of 23 scheduled.

there's still a long way to go. should be interesting. even if Lewis wins, he's going to have earned it for sure.

Yes but Max had a 32 point lead just over a couple of weeks ago, so this is quite a turnaround.

Don't know if Mercedes have the pace or strategy (ha!) to keep this up, but it's a lot more interesting than one driver running away with it.

Crashstappen should get a 10-place grid penalty for every Dutch fan that boos tho.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

refleks posted:

The glitch yesterday that piped pit lane commentary to the main feed on F1TV was actually better than the usual bullshit.

Maybe combine those guys with Niko and Button and you might have some bearable commentary for once.

They should have Brookes lead the commentary with a Button, Rosberg, and Chandhok on rotation.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MZ posted:

...but it's a lot more interesting than one driver running away with it.

That's the general point I was going for -- might check later but this is probably the closest championship since...well, 2018 or 2017 when the Ferraris were close with Mercedes, right?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Importantly, it's the most salty championship since the year Rosberg lucked in to it and made Sir Lewis all grumpypants. There was the time Vettel intentionally drove it to Sir Lewis under the safety car but that was more tragic than salty.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Aug 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

harperdc posted:

Hmm, yes, Lewis definitely earned being in the lead with his only rival getting crashed out two races in a row.