Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Grammarchist posted:

I keep forgetting Gov. Bel Edwards actually held on last go 'round. I figured he'd fall to any candidate that didn't have a scandal involving prostitutes and a diaper fetish, coupled with the aftermath of Jindal.

Whoa, he got reelected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Bogus Adventure posted:

This

Trump is a known commodity (a dumbass with a huge following of poor racists that makes the rich racists feel a bit icky). Would Trump dying mid-race and being replaced by Mike Pence have suppressed or augmented the votes for four more years of MAGA? I honestly don't know because I honestly don't know what the gently caress is going on with the US. I'm just glad I live in California, but who knows if this dumbass recall attempt against Newsom manages to let Caitlyn loving Jenner pratfall into the governor's mansion.

I'd be concerned that it would make Dems feel like it was less of a pressing issue that they vote, but maybe Trump just drowning in his own fluids and not having him bray endlessly about rigged elections would mean these voter suppression laws wouldn't have gotten drafted and passed.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hazo posted:

So does this mean Florida organizations can tell DeSantis to get hosed? Or does school funding (cause gently caress them kids, I want stupid chuds to re-elect me) fall under a different category?

Different category. A public school is state funded and isn't classified as a business

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

how is hillary mixed up in jan 6???

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'd be concerned that it would make Dems feel like it was less of a pressing issue that they vote, but maybe Trump just drowning in his own fluids and not having him bray endlessly about rigged elections would mean these voter suppression laws wouldn't have gotten drafted and passed.

This is also true. Honestly, every election is the most important of our lives, but 2022 is super important just because making the Senate and the House less Red is going to be critical to getting anything good done before the 2024 shitshow begins (ESPECIALLY if it removes Sinema and Manchin from being linchpin votes).

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sound posted:

how is hillary mixed up in jan 6???

Haven't you heard? Hillary Clinton and Soros are behind Antifa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNw52xkGurw&t=19s

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/JakeLobin/status/1422280179645394949
https://twitter.com/stuhunter1/status/1422286195682283520

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Realistically, though, 2022 going to be a bad fukken time for the Dems, right? Between the seats coming up and the voter suppression bullshit, I just can't see this going well.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

ElGroucho posted:

Trump not croaking from Covid is proof that there is no god

The cope posts after he didn't die were the saddest part.

"No, see, it's actually good because now he gets to see himself be rejected by the country by losing the Presidency!"

Except he'll just say it was rigged and spend the rest of his life bitching about it and agitating for his followers to install him as forever ruler. The best outcome would have been if he went up on that balcony, ripped his shirt open to reveal the Superman logo, and immediately croaked and fell over the railings.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
CDC says 7-day average of daily U.S. Covid cases surpassed peak seen last summer

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/02/cdc...opyToPasteboard

The seven-day average of daily coronavirus cases in the U.S. surpassed the peak seen last summer when the nation didn’t have an authorized Covid-19 vaccine, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Monday, citing data published over the weekend.

U.S. Covid cases, based on a seven-day moving average, reached 72,790 on Friday, according to data compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That’s higher than the peak in average daily cases seen last summer, when the country was reporting about 68,700 new cases per day, according to the CDC.

The daily average in Covid cases has since dropped, however, falling to 68,326 new cases per day on Saturday and 63,250 new cases per day on Sunday, according to the agency.

While data published on the CDC website shows a decline in the seven-day average of daily case counts in the following days, a separate coronavirus dataset maintained by Johns Hopkins University does not show a decline. Rather it shows a continued increase in the seven-day average to nearly 80,000 new cases per day as of Sunday.

“While we desperately want to be done with this pandemic, Covid-19 is clearly not done with us and so, our battle must last a little longer,” Walensky said during a White House Covid briefing. “This is hard. This is heavy. But, we are in this together. And as we learn more about Covid, we continue to rely on proven ways to protect ourselves, our children and our loved ones.”

One out of three Covid cases occurred in Florida and Texas over the past week, White House Covid czar Jeff Zients said Monday. About 17% of cases came from seven states with low vaccination rates, he added.

The seven-day average of hospital admissions is about 6,200 per day, an increase of about 41% from the previous seven-day period, according to Walensky. The seven-day average of daily deaths has also increased to 300 per day, an increase of more than 25%, she said, but still far below last summer’s peak of more than 1,100 daily deaths in early August 2020.

U.S. health officials are urging more Americans to get vaccinated against Covid as the shots have proven to be highly protective against the virus and its new variant, especially against severe disease, hospitalizations and death.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Can't wait for those Delta numbers as Summer turns to Fall and the temperature begins to cool.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

ElGroucho posted:

Trump not croaking from Covid is proof that there is no god

It was close, he almost died.

But being president they gave him every possible treatment with the absolute best health care, it's the only reason for his survival.

If he gets infected again....

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

As much as Manchin sucks, having him croak from COVID means Jim Justice would appoint some loving chud to the seat and Cocaine Mitch would be the Senate Majority Leader once again

Time_pants posted:

Realistically, though, 2022 going to be a bad fukken time for the Dems, right? Between the seats coming up and the voter suppression bullshit, I just can't see this going well.

COVID is really going to be key. It's going to depend if people are sick (lol) and tired of having to deal with this pandemic and who they see as responsible. There is a breaking point for GOP support when their politicians get lovely enough (see how Bel Edwards, Kelly, and Beshear got elected in Red states). If they blame Biden & Co, then 2022 is going to be bad. Maybe sooner if Manchin dies and Mitch assumes power like loving Palpatine booty-shaking his way into the Sequel Trilogy.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

As much as Manchin sucks, having him croak from COVID means Jim Justice would appoint some loving chud to the seat and Cocaine Mitch would be the Senate Majority Leader once again

COVID is really going to be key. It's going to depend if people are sick (lol) and tired of having to deal with this pandemic and who they see as responsible. There is a breaking point for GOP support when their politicians get lovely enough (see how Bel Edwards, Kelly, and Beshear got elected in Red states). If they blame Biden & Co, then 2022 is going to be bad. Maybe sooner if Manchin dies and Mitch assumes power like loving Palpatine booty-shaking his way into the Sequel Trilogy.

Mitch is looking to retire, possibly before his term is over. That's why he's been working with the Kentucky legislature to make it so the Governor isn't the one to appoint his replacement. Who becomes minority leader if Mitch's phylactery gets destroyed?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

"if jim manchin the democrat who obstructs all possible movement to the left dies they'll replace him with a republican who will obstruct all possible movement to the left" does not instill in me much compassion

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Lol please post any updates you find on this please

I hate Tarrio so loving much and watching his life get destroyed is sustenance for me

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

"if jim manchin the democrat who obstructs all possible movement to the left dies they'll replace him with a republican who will obstruct all possible movement to the left" does not instill in me much compassion

The difference would be between Manchin, who voted for the first reconciliation package, and a Republican, who would not have. Even things like that would become impossible to pass.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Last Call posted:

It was close, he almost died.

But being president they gave him every possible treatment with the absolute best health care, it's the only reason for his survival.

If he gets infected again....

He won’t die if he gets infected again lol

What reality do you live in?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Cowcaster posted:

The only reason that Biden is getting people appointed is because Schumer is the Leader. Manchin sucks, but he voted for the ACA and against the multiple attempts by the GOP to repeal it. This is by no means me saying that Manchin is cool and good. It's more like me saying this massive gash across my finger hurts like a motherfucker but at least I didn't cut the drat thing off.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
God denied us the Trimp covid corpse.

A two run RBI of Manchin and Graham would almost make up for it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Batterypowered7 posted:

Mitch is looking to retire, possibly before his term is over. That's why he's been working with the Kentucky legislature to make it so the Governor isn't the one to appoint his replacement. Who becomes minority leader if Mitch's phylactery gets destroyed?

The other demilich they've got there

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I just remembered that Loeffler and Perdue both lost their runoff elections. I am so loving happy that happened.

Bogus Adventure posted:

The other demilich they've got there

You know, I had just had a happy thought and you had to go and ruin it with Rick loving Scott. I hate him so loving much. I'm seething over here.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bogus Adventure posted:

The only reason that Biden is getting people appointed is because Schumer is the Leader. Manchin sucks, but he voted for the ACA and against the multiple attempts by the GOP to repeal it. This is by no means me saying that Manchin is cool and good. It's more like me saying this massive gash across my finger hurts like a motherfucker but at least I didn't cut the drat thing off.

What states have a CHUD senator but a lib governor so we can balance it out when Manchin finally does something useful?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

boop the snoot posted:

He won’t die if he gets infected again lol

What reality do you live in?

This one.

Again he came close when he got sick, if not for all the presidential benefits of keeping him alive he'd likely be dead. If he gets infected again he doesn't have all that anymore.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

God, why couldn't Trump have gotten it as bad as Gosar, or whoever the gently caress it was that needed a loving liver transplant?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/maricopacounty/status/1422289429926879232

But the bamboo and rice grains!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Last Call posted:

This one.

Again he came close when he got sick, if not for all the presidential benefits of keeping him alive he'd likely be dead. If he gets infected again he doesn't have all that anymore.

He’s also been vaccinated you rube

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

boop the snoot posted:

He’s also been vaccinated you rube

He can still get covid like the turtle did who was also vaccinated. Considering the people Trump hangs around it is possible for him to still get exposed by those not taking it serious.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Batterypowered7 posted:

You know, I had just had a happy thought and you had to go and ruin it with Rick loving Scott. I hate him so loving much. I'm seething over here.

Well, at least it wouldn't be Mitch...

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Tonight as I was preparing Patches' strengthening food the metal lid stuck to my fingers, since I've been vaxxed and I read this thread obsessively I immediately started cackling and told my partner: "I will build a utopia for mutantkind, Charles. Humanity is in need of pestcontrol."

She does not read the thread or find the X-men very interesting so she just resumed petting Gimli and Patches.

I have never felt more alone.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

An insane mind posted:

Tonight as I was preparing Patches' strengthening food the metal lid stuck to my fingers, since I've been vaxxed and I read this thread obsessively I immediately started cackling and told my partner: "I will build a utopia for mutantkind, Charles. Humanity is in need of pestcontrol."

She does not read the thread or find the X-men very interesting so she just resumed petting Gimli and Patches.

I have never felt more alone.

Some times love means over looking the foibles of your other half.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Man, gonna suck for this guy to have to do desk duty for a couple of weeks and face no repercussions whatsoever.

Maybe. Maybe not. he doesnt have the pigmentation for pigprotection

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Last Call posted:

He can still get covid like the turtle did who was also vaccinated. Considering the people Trump hangs around it is possible for him to still get exposed by those not taking it serious.

I didn’t say he couldn’t get it.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1422308267208941570

GUTFELD! has expert opinions on athletes, naturally. If only fingerbanging dads was an Olympic sport, he'd show them all what a real athlete is.

(also he manages to ignore that the fact they are medalists means they're part of the best of the world but you know, whatevs)

Steadiman fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 2, 2021

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1422308267208941570

GUTFELD! has expert opinions on athletes, naturally. If only fingerbanging dads was an Olympic sport, he'd show them all what a real athlete is

You gotta love how he calls American medalists at the OLYMPICS "not actually that good at their sport" when they are literally (not figuratively!) the best in the world. People do that poo poo all the time. They think they can hang with an NBA player when in reality, a guy who started for even a fuckin' DIII school would completely destroy 99% of the people who stepped on the court.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Time_pants posted:

I think the House outlook is worse than the Senate, but it could go real bad, yeah.

I think now more than ever trying to predict what will happen in 2022 is a completely pointless exercise. We are in the midst of insanity.

Edit: That Gutfeld! clip is just word salad.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 2, 2021

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Gutfeld's dad has a gold medal in having his rear end in a top hat fisted.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

I think the House outlook is worse than the Senate, but it could go real bad, yeah.

I think now more than ever trying to predict what will happen in 2022 is a completely pointless exercise. We are in the midst of insanity.

SOMEONE ASK NATE SILVER!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Batterypowered7 posted:

SOMEONE ASK NATE SILVER!

Oh don't worry you won't have to ask, he'll just talk. Endlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

haljordan posted:

You gotta love how he calls American medalists at the OLYMPICS "not actually that good at their sport" when they are literally (not figuratively!) the best in the world. People do that poo poo all the time. They think they can hang with an NBA player when in reality, a guy who started for even a fuckin' DIII school would completely destroy 99% of the people who stepped on the court.

NBA players don’t miss when they’re just shooting around. It’s incredible. Steph Curry hit like 103 straight 3s in practice (there’s a video).

Watching videos of NBA players play against regular people is hilarious. It’s like me playing against a toddler.