Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

BWV posted:

Gary Trent Jr. Has the Goods and is very cute. Glad he is staying.

Good lookin' kid, will defend OG against all odds. Definitely a Raptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Lockback posted:

Geeze, you'd think he'd get tax-payer MLE or so.

Another guy who probably shoulda got a little more.

Looks like Bobby has an option on year 2 (so I guess he'll opt out) and he let the Bucks keep the tax MLE

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

jackofarcades posted:

If the Mavs basically take last year's team, subtract Richardson and Powell, and add Dragic, Bullock, and Sterling Brown... that could be worse.

That is better imo. Don't forget how many games Powell lost the team by trying to rehab his way back at the start of the season.

Waiting for the Dragic move to happen but I think they clearly have one or two more moves left.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/bobbymarks42/status/1422337990584672258?s=21

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

jackofarcades posted:

If the Mavs basically take last year's team, subtract Richardson and Powell, and add Dragic, Bullock, and Sterling Brown... that could be worse.

Theoretically all better shooters.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ahh, that makes is a much better contract

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rick posted:

This

Look at how the rest of the Mavs shot in game 7 vs LAC. The bench hit 0 threes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

double negative posted:

good news grizz fans also hate chandler parsons

I'm glad to hear it cuz the current Grizz are fun af

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

WhyteRyce posted:

Monte really is running it back but this time with a TV analyst on the bench

Monte, what you doing?? There's no words, I'm just incoherently screeching at this point

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422338856268017665

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422338856268017665?s=21

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Who has cap space left? OKC, basically?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

jackofarcades posted:

Rick posted:

In particular if they can get Dragic that would help a ton. He's a guy who can push some in full court which will help break up the Luka trapping that killed them, plus just be a good spot up guy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1422339046760751107

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Spacebump posted:

Are DeRozan and Fournier the biggest two free agents left?

Dinwiddie too

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

What in the world

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Should it be at all worrying for the Clippers that they haven't announced a new contract for Kawhi yet?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

For some reason I read this as ZACH LAVINE and was floored.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jota posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422336951869399041?s=20

STEVIE LEE!!

That's a solid deal. He's fine as an end of the rotation kinda guy

Nice

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Should it be at all worrying for the Clippers that they haven't announced a new contract for Kawhi yet?

No

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

So is Holmes coming back or what

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

A little, but his options of other places are fading fast.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hahah run this poo poo back Monte. I hope this is because the TT trade fell through

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ramadu posted:

i mean i don't really have a better plan for point guard but im still screaming after watching him lay 4 turds in a row to lose to 1 greek god

Cp3 was good in the finals

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422339830734786562

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

That's almost twice as much as Bobby Portis got

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Rick posted:

A little, but his options of other places are fading fast.

I mean, my read of that is other teams were told not to bother so they went for other options.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Was Zach Collins the ex Blazers center that said the gamer word or was it the other one?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Rick posted:

Was Zach Collins the ex Blazers center that said the gamer word or was it the other one?

Meyers Leonard

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

jackofarcades posted:

I mean, my read of that is other teams were told not to bother so they went for other options.

That’s actually a really good point.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is going to sound crazy coming from a basketball expert but i did not know contracts could be no non-guaranteed in basketball and baseball. I'm sorry for what i've said.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah, if Kawhi were really available Miami would have taken a very different path.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Rick posted:

Zach's the guy who can't stay healthy.

Jota posted:

Dinwiddie too

Norm Powell, John Collins, Alex Caruso...ish

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
MOOSE IS HERE TO STAY

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He had one actual bad game out of those four and was just about the only guy on the team with a pulse at all in game 6. You crazy

i am crazy after the extended psychic damage i took watching the team collapse!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (thats me screamin)

and yeah i know that but im just projecting my dissapointment in losing onto him ok!!!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

jackofarcades posted:

Norm Powell, John Collins, Alex Caruso...ish

And apparently Devonte' Graham

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Cavauro posted:

this is going to sound crazy coming from a basketball expert but i did not know contracts could be no non-guaranteed in basketball and baseball. I'm sorry for what i've said.

Nah that's not surprising. Often you'll see partial guarantees on deals on the last contract as opposed to a team option - say, 1.5m out of 10 is guaranteed, and it functions essentially as an option, but the player gets a little something out of it.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422341065261133826?s=21

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

Zach is the Egregious NCAA Tournament Goaltender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Yuck