Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Man working through this season knowing it's the last and knowing I'm not gonna see some of these characters again is making me sad.

I'm gonna miss Storkules. :smith:

We'll always have Storkules...

in our guest rooms because his dad kicked him out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I would have liked to have an episode where Penumbra and Selene met. I'm sure various things would have come up, like who is actually Della's best friend, and what, if any, influence or grievance an Earthside Moon Goddess has over the people who actually live on the Moon, and vice versa.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Newest podcast ep

:laffo: at the fyre fest ads. The best part is that it's barely a parody and more of what actually happened

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Newest podcast ep

:laffo: at the fyre fest ads. The best part is that it's barely a parody and more of what actually happened

So is that the last of these or are they planning on making more?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Larryb posted:

So is that the last of these or are they planning on making more?

Well Between the Beagle's stealing the equipment, and Donald saying it was the last time, I am scared it is

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well Between the Beagle's stealing the equipment, and Donald saying it was the last time, I am scared it is

I think they said something about it being a 7 part series but I was curious if they changed their minds at all. We’ll see I guess (regardless I hope this version of the characters stick around for other Disney stuff later on)

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Newest podcast ep

Ah, right. Forgot that the last ep would drop today, thanks. On the whole I've enjoyed these, If anyone's been leaving off listening them to avoid spoilers, there aren't any, and they probably could have been released at any point past the first half-season or so.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I finally finished the series now that season 3 is on Disney Plus and fuuuuuuuuck Disney for canceling this show, it's perfection

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Hawkperson posted:

I finally finished the series now that season 3 is on Disney Plus and fuuuuuuuuck Disney for canceling this show, it's perfection

I agree in pretty much every respect. I will especially miss Webby so very, very much.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

I agree in pretty much every respect. I will especially miss Webby so very, very much.

It’s amazing that they took one of the characters I probably liked the least from the original series and turned her into one of my top favorites in the reboot.

But yeah, while the short lived in-character podcast they did was ok I really hope we get to see this particular version of the characters again one day.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
One of these days we're going to get some tell all explanation for Disney's weird mandate that every animated show they make now has to be cancelled after three seasons, and it's not going to make a lick of sense when given even a passing thought. Like how the executives in charge of SyFy Channel had this weird and arcane explanation for why they thought it was a brilliant marketing move to kill off all their science fiction television programming in order to get more people to watch their, let me see if I got this right... oh yes, science fiction television channel.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

nine-gear crow posted:

One of these days we're going to get some tell all explanation for Disney's weird mandate that every animated show they make now has to be cancelled after three seasons, and it's not going to make a lick of sense when given even a passing thought. Like how the executives in charge of SyFy Channel had this weird and arcane explanation for why they thought it was a brilliant marketing move to kill off all their science fiction television programming in order to get more people to watch their, let me see if I got this right... oh yes, science fiction television channel.

It might be some kind of union thing - after 3 seasons the rate goes up or they have to use union workers or something like that, and Disney doesn't want to pay it. I'm not sure of the details, but it's something I saw brought up at once of the 3 season cancellations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It has something to do with syndication rights, IIRC?

Like, I think 65 is the highest profit margin for syndication rights, and any more is just lost value?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TVs Ian posted:

It might be some kind of union thing - after 3 seasons the rate goes up or they have to use union workers or something like that, and Disney doesn't want to pay it. I'm not sure of the details, but it's something I saw brought up at once of the 3 season cancellations.

SAG and IATSE escalator clauses, yes. It's the same reason Netflix is quick to swing the ax on shows after two or three seasons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

nine-gear crow posted:

Or how they got their utterly arcane new episode airing schedule.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Timby posted:

SAG and IATSE escalator clauses, yes. It's the same reason Netflix is quick to swing the ax on shows after two or three seasons.

But BoJack and Stranger Things both got over two seasons?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ThermoPhysical posted:

But BoJack and Stranger Things both got over two seasons?

If a show is crazy successful, they'll suck it up and pay.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

No idea how accurate it is, but I remember there was also some word that Disney had done some figuring on how long this type of thing's target demographic would stay the target demographic before aging out and being replaced by a new cohort, and decided that refreshing shows after three years was the ideal strategy.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
It also doesn't hurt that they got burned relatively recently giving a show a fourth season when they did so for Star Vs and it massively underperformed, so somewhat understandable if frustrating why they're cautious about going past 3 seasons for anything lately

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do the New Ducktales creators at least have any future projects in the works (I know they have nothing to do with the upcoming Darkwing Duck show at any rate which is a drat shame)?

Also is the Ducktales comic still running/any good?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Do the New Ducktales creators at least have any future projects in the works (I know they have nothing to do with the upcoming Darkwing Duck show at any rate which is a drat shame)?

Also is the Ducktales comic still running/any good?

It was from 2018 but here's Ducktales: The World's Longest Deathtrap

And he's apparently the creator of something called Kid Cosmic.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Rand Brittain posted:

I can't believe people are still complaining about Teen Titans Go, which is frankly a much better-made show than the original Teen Titans, although it's a sitcom rather than an adventure series so direct comparisons are pointless.

I like the goofy slapstick human with the occasional "Wait, did they just..." Like, "Wait, did they do leg/foot fetish, vore, ageplay, [insert weird fetish]?"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Everyone posted:

I like the goofy slapstick human with the occasional "Wait, did they just..." Like, "Wait, did they do leg/foot fetish, vore, ageplay, [insert weird fetish]?"

Yeah that is definitely a well they go to a lot, like they did at least 3 or 4 episodes based on the idea that "Raven secretly has buff and sexy legs underneath her cloak"

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Rand Brittain posted:

I can't believe people are still complaining about Teen Titans Go, which is frankly a much better-made show than the original Teen Titans, although it's a sitcom rather than an adventure series so direct comparisons are pointless.

Remember when people complained that Teen Titans was kiddified fake anime? :corsair:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Why is everyone responding to a Rand Brittain post from last year?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Open Source Idiom posted:

Why is Everyone responding to a Rand Brittain post from last year?

Because I was scrolling through the thread and spotted that post, so I responded to it.

Also, fixed my SA name for you.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
iTunes never bothered to tell me the second part of the finale was up. Probably because it's now a single episode so the new episode notification didn't trigger.

I liked it.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Legend of the Three Caballeros will apparently debut on Disney XD on August 7. Previously it only aired in the Philippines.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Everyone posted:

Legend of the Three Caballeros will apparently debut on Disney XD on August 7. Previously it only aired in the Philippines.

And was wildly pirated as a result. It's... alright. Nice animation, writing and plot feels like it's been sitting on the shelf since the 90s. Most notable for being iirc the most we've seen of classic April, May and June.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And was wildly pirated as a result. It's... alright. Nice animation, writing and plot feels like it's been sitting on the shelf since the 90s. Most notable for being iirc the most we've seen of classic April, May and June.

We still get more Tony Anselmo as Donald and thus may continue to post more about cartoon ducks.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Did Anselmo still voice Donald despite the series never airing in the US until now?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Did Anselmo still voice Donald despite the series never airing in the US until now?

Yes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How about the other two Caballeros? Are they voiced by the same guys who played them in Ducktales or did they have different actors?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Different actors.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The other two Caballeros were never in Ducktales.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

How about the other two Caballeros? Are they voiced by the same guys who played them in Ducktales or did they have different actors?

Jose and Panchito have different voice actors in both shows, yes. Tony Anselmo is the only consistent factor.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

The other two Caballeros were never in Ducktales.

....yes they were? In multiple episodes?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

bunnyofdoom posted:

....yes they were? In multiple episodes?

I just checked a wiki, they were NOT in the original Ducktales.

Tubgoat fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Aug 4, 2021

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

I just checked a wiki, they were NOT in the original Ducktales.

We're not talking about the original ducktales here....in the thread that is clearly about 2017 Ducktales. Where the Cabelleros appeared in multiple episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

bunnyofdoom posted:

We're not talking about the original ducktales here....in the thread that is clearly about 2017 Ducktales. Where the Cabelleros appeared in multiple episodes

I guess I didn't go back far enough to learn that "both shows" does not in fact refer to both Ducktales cartoons. Carry on.