Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Buy a bitcoin and it'll be worth more later on. It's that simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

salt shakeup posted:

Buy a bitcoin and it'll be worth more later on. It's that simple.

I have an NFT of a bridge that I'm sure will be in high demand. You should get in on this quick before someone beats you to it.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
"I have sex with consenting adults" is easy mode here:

https://twitter.com/Tr0llyTr0llFace/status/1422616630140485634

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

drk posted:

I mean crypto has been ron paul its happening dot gif for years, but this time feels a little realer

We havent even discussed Mr. $800k watch getting arrested, have we

he's into ponies

My great-uncle was into the ponies, too.

Why is my suspicions that these are not the same ponies you’re talking about?
:gonk:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

buglord posted:

This is a really trite observation by me but I initially thought this was magic eye goatse.

That would be a great deal less offensive

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

DerekSmartymans posted:

My great-uncle was into the ponies, too.

Why is my suspicions that these are not the same ponies you’re talking about?
:gonk:

Yeah I’m not sure if it’s a euphemism for races, a way of saying Ron Paul prefers the company of far younger women or if he was into a cartoon marketed for 6-10 year olds.

Because I once had a coworker who was dead in the eyes unless talking about cartoon horses and man lemme tell ya

drk
Jan 16, 2005
I'll let you all be the judge of what kinda ponies he's in to:

And yes, that is the watch that supposedly costs more than several brand new lambos

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Looks like 2 pencil sharpener.

Not even talking about the red cheap looking strap.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 4, 2021

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

drk posted:

And yes, that is the watch that supposedly costs more than several brand new lambos

What the gently caress?!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what watch is it for us 99%ers / people that arent massively stupid with money.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Behold: https://www.richardmille.com/collections/rm-70-01-tourbillon-alain-prost

drk
Jan 16, 2005
There's an article about the guy here, if anyones interested: https://amycastor.com/2021/08/04/fluffy-pony-and-the-irresistible-cookie-jar/.

Really the only comedy is his ridiculous watch, though. Also, he made the age old mistake of chartering a private flight to Mexico that had make a stop in the US to refuel, which has taken down countless criminals.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

the concept behind that watch makes as much sense as nft an it's implementation is just as stupid.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

stinch posted:

the concept behind that watch makes as much sense as nft an it's implementation is just as stupid.
How can you tell, has someone translated that site to English?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
nah, all coinz are pointless massless* wastes of energy. all physical objects can at least be used as lumps of mass that probably do something, in this case tell time.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
yeah that watch has infinitely more utility than any coin

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Use the watch as a spoon rest to keep it clean while I take a bite of my side dish

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

I did not think it was a tourbillon the way it looked in the earlier pic. Thought it was some collectors edition old rear end transformers kids watch or something. I don’t like it.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
perhaps you'll be more interested in their previous piece, number 69, which is, of course, an "erotic timepiece"

https://www.richardmille.com/collections/rm-69-tourbillon (SFW other than mildly naughty text)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The tibetan prayer wheels within my timepiece announced: I need to arouse your lips.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

drk posted:

perhaps you'll be more interested in their previous piece, number 69, which is, of course, an "erotic timepiece"

https://www.richardmille.com/collections/rm-69-tourbillon (SFW other than mildly naughty text)

I LUST TO
DEVOUR
YOUR NIPPLES

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Hello it is I, the man who thinks wearing a watch at all is a status symbol in TYOOL 2021.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001
At least Richard Mille does very innovative stuff compared to most brands in haute horology -- I agree their watches look like trash though. He still looks like a pedo though.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Bronze Fonz posted:

Hello it is I, the man who thinks wearing a watch at all is a status symbol in TYOOL 2021.

gently caress I had a Pac-Man watch in 1985, bitch. Your dumb-rear end bought a watch that doesn’t even have movement keys!!!

Now, if it’s a psychically-controlled watch to play Pac-Man on, I withdraw my statement. I can’t spend all day thought-training my watch like some wealthy coiner.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

my new goal in life is to buy 8 of those and use them for brake pads

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

my new goal in life is to buy 8 of those and use them for brake pads

From 60 to zero in 6.5 million dollars.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Uncle Ivan posted:

At least Richard Mille does very innovative stuff compared to most brands in haute horology -- I agree their watches look like trash though. He still looks like a pedo though.
What is an innovative watch in a world we all have synced computers and cellphones and GPSes piping the same time into everything?

Hell let's put time on the blockchain. Swatch internet time but mined by a billion GPSes trying to get consensus from the federal satellites. Now we are innovating.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Bronze Fonz posted:

I'll stick with my old Pebble Time until they pry it from my cold dead wrist

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

bitchcoin

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

I cannot believe how bad it looks up close.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

waydownLo posted:

rude, he's a 4x F1 drivers champion

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...

waydownLo posted:

The one they make which looks like candy is even worse:

https://twitter.com/ablogtowatch/status/1086390105412169730?s=21

RMs seem to be the best way to tell that the person you are talking to is both a billionaire and an idiot.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
idk some of those weirdo watches look pretty cool

https://www.chrono24.com/hublot/hublot-mp-05-laferrari-titanium-watch-905nx0001rx--id19205779.htm

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

zedprime posted:

What is an innovative watch in a world we all have synced computers and cellphones and GPSes piping the same time into everything?

Hell let's put time on the blockchain. Swatch internet time but mined by a billion GPSes trying to get consensus from the federal satellites. Now we are innovating.

That's a bit like asking who cares how fast a person can run when we live in a world with cars and airplanes. There's still something worthwhile in seeing how precise you can make a purely mechanical device, even if only for aesthetic reasons.

I do hate the trend that's arisen where high-end mechanical watches have to make their mechanisms as visible as possible (I guess to prove they're actually mechanical), though.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

waydownLo posted:

7+ figure watches are never going to look 7+ figures good so instead they're made to look as extremely dumb as possible, that way plebs like us laugh at them and give the owners an excuse to explain how much their watch costs, which is of course the only point of a 7+ figure watch

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i don't know how expensive they are but at least patek philippe watches can look classy and understated

edit: oh the nice one i was looking at is only $35k. what a piece of garbage!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

what time is it though

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

punishedkissinger posted:

what time is it though

1:45

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Grifting is just the best profession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Hey at least they're grifting about the value of a crafted item for rich idiots instead of about how vaccines don't work or how cryptocurrency will save the planet