Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

yea ok posted:

someone talk about what good VoW stuff there is on the patreon if i like the flagship. i know there was a post the other day about it but i forgot already. i'd like to support them cause i like their twitter and the flagship. also, is it easy to add to podcast with an rss or whatever? thanks so much for your cooperation

I've only now realised you get a private RSS feed with the bonus content under the 'My membership' tab while researching to answer this post so I have no complaints ($5 tier) - heaps of old retro reviews to catch up on by now and Joe's Thursday TV Reviews are quality. I just wish there were more shows with both of them together, it's a lot of solo stuff.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
When's the next Pisscast coming out?

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

yea ok posted:

someone talk about what good VoW stuff there is on the patreon if i like the flagship. i know there was a post the other day about it but i forgot already. i'd like to support them cause i like their twitter and the flagship. also, is it easy to add to podcast with an rss or whatever? thanks so much for your cooperation

All of the VOW Retro stuff is great and the stand alone stuff Joe and Rich do, like Joevember to Remember and Slammiversary Synopsis is good. You can use the Patreon app to listen to the stuff or add the rss into any podcast app.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Meanwhile, Triple H is in the control room frantically pressing the "flapping dickey" button.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
It's not quite bad enough to use the Krusty racist Japanese jokes clip but it's close.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Sorry for double-posting.

Bryan and Vinny vs. TNA and Russo - Impact Review with Video - Oct 14th 2010

VIDEO: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8379lk

A digression from the usual chronological format to have a look at an episode of Impact and a B&V review that stick in my mind for some reason. The Jeff Hardy heel turn era is memorable to me. The stable, Immortal, is a hodge podge of people who don't go together, Jeff's promos are delivered with this weird accent and this ridiculous melodrama, Rob Van Dam has the super dumb and funny version of his music, and of course Hogan and Bischoff are back to their old tricks, and they're nowhere near as novel as they were over a decade previous. Hogan is the top heel leader of this dominant rear end in a top hat faction while recovering from back surgery and actually needing crutches. This show contains constant talking segments and almost no wrestling, plus a terrible, pointless celebrity cameo to promote an act that was only two weeks old. This really is peak Russo, like maybe WCW was able to tame him a bit compared to this.

FEATURING: J-WOWW, talking, The version of Abyss that loves Hulk Hogan but now he's a heel, another dildo, Samoa Joe at the beach, talking, bad legal advice, god dang it, Gunner and Murphy, talking, The Anti-Christ of Professional Wrestling, swerves, a Four Horsemen knockoff team, talking, TNA Reaction, a bad catfight, another fingerpoke style title change, talking, and more talking.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Sometimes I balk at 2021 Raw's where every single match is less than 5 minutes long but then I get reminded of this era of TNA where they'd somehow have even less wrestling in the whole show than even one of those Raw matches.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Drakkel posted:

Sometimes I balk at 2021 Raw's where every single match is less than 5 minutes long but then I get reminded of this era of TNA where they'd somehow have even less wrestling in the whole show than even one of those Raw matches.

in fairness, they usually do a fewf 3-4 min matches and then one, sometimes good, 20min match

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

El Generico posted:

:rant: GUNNER AND MURPHY!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god yes. El Generico never quit.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sami Zayn on Renee's podcast is... a lot.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan's rant about AEW getting Malakai Black more over in four minutes than he ever was in years with WWE is absolutely amazing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan's rant about AEW getting Malakai Black more over in four minutes than he ever was in years with WWE is absolutely amazing.

Post please if they put it on youtube.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Dango Bango posted:

Presumably somebody is in the replies being like "Yeah well I can go buy an Aleister Black toy at Walmart so is he REALLY more over???"

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

She got demoted from prostitute to wrestler broke me. God drat :lol:

Thanks again for doing these! Learning about TNA and WCW only through B&V recaps have been amazing

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sami Zayn on Renee's podcast is... a lot.

Yeah I had to turn it off. He just rambles and rambles.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

Not to take anything away from Bryan, but I've noticed that it's a lot easier to have a good rant over something when you're unambiguously right.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I forgot to post this here!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1422310480467697664

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rudo wrestling just dropped two new episodes!

First, we talk Matt Cardona's rise to Rudo of the year contention and his GCW Title win:

https://twitter.com/RudoWrestling/status/1423840392584200198

Then we have a rudo recap for this week's AEW Dynamite! Big Shotty's big shotty against Miro, Malachi Black's debut win, and WTF is Cody going to do now?

https://twitter.com/RudoWrestling/status/1423840784881655808

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

George Barnes sounds like an amazing guy. I'd never heard of him before.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 8, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The B&V recap of that Io/Zoe "skit" posted earlier in the thread is loving incredible. Also.... they're the tag champions!?!? What the gently caress have they done to NXT? :psyduck:

"So they go out to dinner and also travel back in time to Bruce Pritchard's WWF Superstars in 1991...."

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

The B&V recap of that Io/Zoe "skit" posted earlier in the thread is loving incredible. Also.... they're the tag champions!?!? What the gently caress have they done to NXT? :psyduck:

"So they go out to dinner and also travel back in time to Bruce Pritchard's WWF Superstars in 1991...."

It's amazingly rear end backwards that they have to build a rapport of teamwork to be a successful team.... after they're the champions.

Also just trying to imagine a grown woman going to sushi and not knowing how to order. Like it's embarrassing for Zoey.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Dawgstar posted:

George Barnet sounds like an amazing guy. I'd never heard of him before.
...who? What? Now I'm conf...OH! George Barnes typo. Yeah, he ruled. The little bit of stuff that exists from the '70s is great, too, but we don't have his promos from then. And holy crap, could that guy talk or what?

There's some Australian footage of him, too, but the locals were rarely pushed until after the territory was sold/burned out, so it's not the same.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

E: Wrong thread was meant for the bad posts thread.

A talking coyote fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 7, 2021

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Listening to Sami on renees podcast and I can understand Kevin Owens being so rough with him in all their matches .

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Also just trying to imagine a grown woman going to sushi and not knowing how to order. Like it's embarrassing for Zoey.

Or, I don't know, be an adult and ask for recommendations that would suit your taste?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

El Generico posted:

A digression from the usual chronological format to have a look at an episode of Impact and a B&V review that stick in my mind for some reason. The Jeff Hardy heel turn era is memorable to me. The stable, Immortal, is a hodge podge of people who don't go together, Jeff's promos are delivered with this weird accent and this ridiculous melodrama, Rob Van Dam has the super dumb and funny version of his music, and of course Hogan and Bischoff are back to their old tricks, and they're nowhere near as novel as they were over a decade previous. Hogan is the top heel leader of this dominant rear end in a top hat faction while recovering from back surgery and actually needing crutches. This show contains constant talking segments and almost no wrestling, plus a terrible, pointless celebrity cameo to promote an act that was only two weeks old. This really is peak Russo, like maybe WCW was able to tame him a bit compared to this.

FEATURING: J-WOWW, talking, The version of Abyss that loves Hulk Hogan but now he's a heel, another dildo, Samoa Joe at the beach, talking, bad legal advice, god dang it, Gunner and Murphy, talking, The Anti-Christ of Professional Wrestling, swerves, a Four Horsemen knockoff team, talking, TNA Reaction, a bad catfight, another fingerpoke style title change, talking, and more talking.

Thank you for this because the funniest thing in all of this is Jeff Hardy's pre-tape which honestly sounds exactly like something Broken Matt Hardy would say except with zero charisma. Also that Kevin Steen did go on to become the Anti-Christ of Pro Wrestling is funny.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Lid posted:

Thank you for this because the funniest thing in all of this is Jeff Hardy's pre-tape which honestly sounds exactly like something Broken Matt Hardy would say except with zero charisma. Also that Kevin Steen did go on to become the Anti-Christ of Pro Wrestling is funny.

I had to leave that whole pre-tape in, it's one of the reasons I wanted to do this episode in particular. At the start Vinny says "None of the promos were bad". I can't fathom this perspective.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Wazzu posted:

Like it's embarrassing for Zoey.

It was so funny when she asked the waitress if her and Io know each other since they're both asian.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
https://anchor.fm/immovable-objects-a-classic-wrestling-podcast

It’s not the pisscast, we’ve all moved on, but its of a similar spirit. Enjoy! Or don’t!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Episodes 1-24: Wrestlemania IV

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
my youtube autoplay just found this channel which is videos that compile every B&V review of Impact by month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfbBMZCFpDc

so this is every Impact of December 2006

there are tonnes of these and you can pick one at random and just pick a random point and be reminded of just how awful TNA was

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhvylasjwKP-EQlaqeHm6g/videos

Lid fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 7, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

davidbix posted:

...who? What? Now I'm conf...OH! George Barnes typo. Yeah, he ruled. The little bit of stuff that exists from the '70s is great, too, but we don't have his promos from then. And holy crap, could that guy talk or what?

There's some Australian footage of him, too, but the locals were rarely pushed until after the territory was sold/burned out, so it's not the same.

I blame mention of Jim Barnett right after confusing me, but yeah, I get why he had such an impression on Memphis despite being there for relatively little time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wanna see some pure, unadulterated insanity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYyC2A7AmT0

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

I don't know anything about this guy but he has some fancy green screen sets

Edit: dang, he's very mad

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Davros1 posted:

Holy poo poo this dude is incredible lol

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lid posted:

my youtube autoplay just found this channel which is videos that compile every B&V review of Impact by month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfbBMZCFpDc

so this is every Impact of December 2006

there are tonnes of these and you can pick one at random and just pick a random point and be reminded of just how awful TNA was

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhvylasjwKP-EQlaqeHm6g/videos

Oh hell yeah. Someone (Brandon Nichols I believe) uploaded videos like that for the time from January 2009 until late 2013 I believe, but not for the episodes before that. This'll probably make some upcoming boring work days a lot more entertaining.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Today's WOR had some low key great moments including Dave realizing his tastes in music was WWE's target market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Today's WOR had some low key great moments including Dave realizing his tastes in music was WWE's target market

Was it Dave's fault they named a ppv Great Balls of Fire in 2017?