Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Get rid of excess by not loving planting another row of them every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Haven't there been multiple And He Did installments where the joke is "Overeating = instant death"?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

More specifically there was the belief at the time that green apples -- I assume this means underripe -- could cause death. This is the first source I could pull up on google about it that has newspaper headlines about it.

https://www.sarahalbeebooks.com/2014/10/13878/

I can't say how true it is given that nobody seems to warn about it in this day and age, but kids seem far less likely to come across apple trees in modern America so I dunno.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I like to think he ate several apples, and then got a serious but treatable disease. And then the apples kept the doctor away for too many days and RIP.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Partial credit for at least cropping the reused first panel in panel 3.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Ghostlight posted:

The only thing worse than a zucchini is a courgette.

Those are bad, but don't get me started on vegetable marrows.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "174 - Jucika's Portable Radio"

Now here's a nice fantasy.

"175 - Jucika Substitutes"

"176 - Jucika And The Reporter"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Oct 11-12, 1989)

I know it's a Spaceman Spiff fantasy so the commitment to accuracy is somewhat fluid. But as a space nerd I have to point out that the 200-inch scope at Mt. Palomar uses a mirror, not a lens. That's true of every big scope; the biggest objective-lens refractor ever built has a diameter of only 40 inches, if I remember right.

e: Also, the focal length of such a lens would be way less than the distance from outer space to the ground. In fact it'd be roughly the length of the telescope it was taken from, for reasons that make sense if you think about them for a moment. But now I'm getting really over-picky.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 6, 2021

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have six zucchini plants for a household of two and we don't end up in that situation because we pick them when they're small and maximally delicious.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Doomykins posted:

Jucika "174 - Jucika's Portable Radio"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvEYKRF5IA

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The MiniSec Ecocide Museum!

The 2007 exhibit continues with the wilding of Kranti. (August 27-31)

Another transmission from the Pigtails AU:

(I'm pretty sure these are all Macaluso. At least that's the folder I saved them to.)

2010 gives us "The sleep of the righteous, followed by the waking dread of the righteously screwed." (September 27-October 1)

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (December 9, 1995)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

LazyQ posted:

This was when the attitudes towards Somali refugees were getting really nasty (or at least getting mainstream attention) with skinheads attacking black people with baseball bats. One guy got 18 month sentence for hounding American basketball player (referred in the 7th panel).

I believe things calmed down a bit after those incidents.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

MinSec seems to spend a lot of time wishing the US were more like China.

I guess Team Evans didn't want to commit to actual damage that would be tricky to hide. (So no new 'do.)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What a Friday I've been on the edge of my seat all week

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Julet Esqu posted:

I guess Team Evans didn't want to commit to actual damage that would be tricky to hide. (So no new 'do.)

Reminds of an episode from the kindergarten where I work: We had worked a lot with teaching the kids about waste sorting and one day a kid comes up to us with a chunk of hair she had cut of her head and asked in which bin it should go in.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Huxley posted:

Also, zucchini beat the pants off cucumbers.

Yet another reason dressing cukes up in pants doesn't make sense.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can't imagine any situation where a cucumber and zucchini would be interchangeable.

They look similar but to me have very different uses

edit: OK i can think of one situation, but i mean in a culinary sense

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The Bloop posted:

I can't imagine any situation where a cucumber and zucchini would be interchangeable.

They look similar but to me have very different uses

edit: OK i can think of one situation, but i mean in a culinary sense
:lol:

F Minus was already posted so here's Mark Trail

Unedited Mary Worth

The Phantom

He's going to wind up leaving her in jail isn't he?

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Dawwww

Apartment 3-G

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

LazyQ posted:

I hope Sari scares the life out them old ghouls.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I kinda skim Mämmilä but I am never disappointed by Mukku.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

He's going to wind up leaving her in jail isn't he?

He's going to try, and she's going to shoot him in the back and leave anyway.

If you look back, none of this is actually happening: Everything since June 30th has been old man Mozz telling him what would happen if he goes to Gravelines, so he's 100% going to die at some point in this story.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

:ohno:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when is the Rae/ Pearls crossover event going to happen

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Hostile V posted:

I kinda skim Mämmilä but I am never disappointed by Mukku.

:same:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

You gave a 6 year-old scissors and let them pretend at being a hair stylist. What did you expect?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

NRVNQSR posted:

He's going to try, and she's going to shoot him in the back and leave anyway.

If you look back, none of this is actually happening: Everything since June 30th has been old man Mozz telling him what would happen if he goes to Gravelines, so he's 100% going to die at some point in this story.
I thought Mozz just talked to him and Phantom was doing it anyways but looking back I think you might be right.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

~Coxy posted:

Cruel Little Stories

hee hee

Vater und Sohn: Morning gymnastics (1935/07)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

Pretty much every batch of Ballard Streets has at least one instance of me going :allears: and this is the one.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LazyQ posted:

Man wonderful tag team combo between Sari & Mukku here

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

:ohno:
See it's long wind ups for punch lines like this that made everyone think there was some subtle pun at work with the E under the couch strip.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

I know it's a Spaceman Spiff fantasy so the commitment to accuracy is somewhat fluid. But as a space nerd I have to point out that the 200-inch scope at Mt. Palomar uses a mirror, not a lens. That's true of every big scope; the biggest objective-lens refractor ever built has a diameter of only 40 inches, if I remember right.

e: Also, the focal length of such a lens would be way less than the distance from outer space to the ground. In fact it'd be roughly the length of the telescope it was taken from, for reasons that make sense if you think about them for a moment. But now I'm getting really over-picky.
No, your comments make sense and your criticisms are valid....

....is what I'd say if these strips were about Spaceman Spiff. This is STUPENDOUS MAN, whose stupendous powers are easily able to turn a mirror into a lens, and who regularly phlouts physics on the phly.

Green Intern posted:

You gave a 6 year-old scissors and let them pretend at being a hair stylist. What did you expect?
I mean with scissors this is practically the LEAST calamitous event that could happen.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Drakyn posted:

I mean with scissors this is practically the LEAST calamitous event that could happen.

Didn't lose even part of an ear.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Drakyn posted:

No, your comments make sense and your criticisms are valid....

....is what I'd say if these strips were about Spaceman Spiff. This is STUPENDOUS MAN, whose stupendous powers are easily able to turn a mirror into a lens, and who regularly phlouts physics on the phly.

:doh: I beg forgiveness for my stupendous lapse of brainpower.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.
I'm more alarmed by Stupendous Man destroying a building and possibly murdering people. But then a lot of superheroes went grim and dark in the 1990s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

It's 1979, you're through the first 13 books already?

That said, we've not seen any of the "Bugs Meany tries to get Encyclopedia Brown arrested, again" stories.

Given that it seems open-and shut, we're probably looking at en exoneration, or EB wouldn't be lurking. Disorganized restaurant critic, who consistently nearly misses article deadlines?