Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is that someone modifying her voicelines or re-enacting it? either way lol

I feel like I've heard that clip before, sounds like the old Navy SEAL meme copypasta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

I feel like I've heard that clip before, sounds like the old Navy SEAL meme copypasta

It does indeed sound like one of the worlds lamest memes.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The VA for Sayu is well-known streamer/youtuber LilyPichu. She's known for her very distinct voice and saltiness.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It says in the description, the voice actor's a youtuber, so someone's taken some audio from a different video and run them over the Sayu trailer

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

This event challenge is just mean. At least it's unrelated to the event shop.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Traveller posted:

This event challenge is just mean. At least it's unrelated to the event shop.

The event challenge does encourage co-op, so there is always that.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Yeah, can't really do co-op at all with my ping. I tried, it times out on loading.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can walk back over a tile you've lit up and it'll go back to normal. that's what I did in solo after trying some other stuff for a while

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Or just jump.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it always reset immediately when I jumped

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m so used to healers being utterly ridiculous I have no idea what to think of Sayu. She looks made to completely be an overworld exploration support which is cool I guess.

Also the puzzle is different than the ones in the world already, you just move back over the ones you need to turn off.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I was actually talking about the timed fight with the two samurai, the tile puzzle was easy. :v:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You need to kill em before they heal is the big thing. Do lots of damage hope this helps.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's always in one ear out the other with me when it comes time to do surveys. I'm trying to think of stuff right now.

More automation options. Give me a buy all button in shops or a way to immediately say 'All of this' and select multiple things so I don't have to go through everything individually.
I want to be able to tell what level the companionship bar and realm currency is filled up to without having to go into the teapot and talk to Tubby just like how you can check how much longer your plants need to grow.

And I want an option to turn this into an Ubisoft game. If I want my map to be cluttered with hundreds of icons telling me where ore, foods, types of wood, enemies, crystal flies and fish, and flowers are then let me do that so I can clear all these pins off the thing.

Also the puzzles in Inazuma weren't bad. I wish there were more of the tile ones because I like those more than the rotate the cube ones. Getting the 3 lights on the cubes to all match up together is a fun one though.

Granted, I worry about how difficult they're going to be in the future...

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
It took me 86 wishes to get a Jean and I'm back up to 72 wishes but I'm out of primos and this banner is running out. I might be missing out on ayaka. :( Is it worth it to save up the genesis crystal things from buying welkin or should I just convert those to primos? I definitely do not want jean's skin.

I'm not sure if I should laugh at your luck getting 3 keqings or be jealous that you have 3x more 5* pulls in a month than I have after 5 months.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Sanctum posted:

It took me 86 wishes to get a Jean and I'm back up to 72 wishes but I'm out of primos and this banner is running out. I might be missing out on ayaka. :( Is it worth it to save up the genesis crystal things from buying welkin or should I just convert those to primos? I definitely do not want jean's skin.

I'm not sure if I should laugh at your luck getting 3 keqings or be jealous that you have 3x more 5* pulls in a month than I have after 5 months.

Before skins were introduced the only point to Genesis Crystals was to convert to Primos. You're right at the soft pity so I'd say if you are really dying to have Ayaka then it's worth it, it's basically currency you already paid for anyways. Even if a new skin comes around that you do want, Jean's was discounted for a solid month on it's release and they are permanent store additions so there's no fear of missing out if you don't got the currency on hand immediately.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

RareAcumen posted:

Granted, I worry about how difficult they're going to be in the future...

4.8-ish

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The puzzles and platforming in Inazuma have been a vast improvement imo. I do think they highlight how the maximum zoom distance is way too low, though.

Selane
May 19, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

The puzzles and platforming in Inazuma have been a vast improvement imo. I do think they highlight how the maximum zoom distance is way too low, though.
I was trying to do one of those rotate the laser pillar things yesterday and you literally can't even see which way the top is facing at maximum zoom. They had this exact same problem with those elemental harpastum pillars last patch.

I do think its funny how that one dev guy said they were gonna get rid of elemental pillars since they make you change your party all the time, then they put in a local specialty that you can't even gather without having a certain element.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The one puzzle I was slightly peeved at was one of the light up cube sets that was split between the beach and an island off in the distance you had to electrograpple to. Was a bit obnoxious to spend that time going back and forth to get the cubes lined up right.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh right I forgot! I also want teleport pins for all the cities so I don't have to keep scrolling over to Inazuma and alllllll the way back to Mondstadt over and over again.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The one puzzle I was slightly peeved at was one of the light up cube sets that was split between the beach and an island off in the distance you had to electrograpple to. Was a bit obnoxious to spend that time going back and forth to get the cubes lined up right.

Yeah that one I just stumbled into the solution because I could not tell how they affected each other. I had to look up a guide to get into the Perpetual Mechanical Array area because I couldn't figure that one out.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Aw man, I finally did the water temple stuff. How's this game so good?

Also yay, I can finally do weekly reputation stuff

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Selane posted:

I do think its funny how that one dev guy said they were gonna get rid of elemental pillars since they make you change your party all the time, then they put in a local specialty that you can't even gather without having a certain element.

It's the same as dandelion seeds, isn't it?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There's a furry animal that appears in Inazuma. Does it serve any purpose? I thought it would be like the golden animal in Liyue where you can chase and hit it for coins but I don't think it's dropped coins unless I missed seeing it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

TV Zombie posted:

There's a furry animal that appears in Inazuma. Does it serve any purpose? I thought it would be like the golden animal in Liyue where you can chase and hit it for coins but I don't think it's dropped coins unless I missed seeing it.

Follow the bouncing raccoon. You don't really get much out of them but you do get an achievement eventually.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Traveller posted:

It's the same as dandelion seeds, isn't it?
Yes, but anemo is great and we've been taught for nine months never to use electro.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I will always use Electro.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

No Wave posted:

Yes, but anemo is great and we've been taught for nine months never to use electro.

Maybe you have, Razor taught me Electro is my only friend in this world. :colbert:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's no room in a freeze Ayaka team for electro, so yeah they have been tedious to collect. also not a fan of how spread out they are vs dandelions, so you don't have an easy brainless farm spot like the area outside Mond's wall. gotta run down the shrine or through the city if you want to farm the same number of petals.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Here are some new daily artifact spots in Liyue as of 2.0:

The bottom one is great. Highly recommend.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I feel like there's a lot of them all over the place in places you frequently need to go. Casually collecting them when I happen to be running an Electro, I've got about 80. I don't need them for anything, though, so maybe it's different when you want a lot now.

No Wave posted:

Here are some new daily artifact spots in Liyue as of 2.0:

The bottom one is great. Highly recommend.

Dang, 3 spawns near a waypoint

Out of curiousty, are you doing Inazuma artifacts daily? There's seems to be a metric fuckton of them. I imagine it easily more than doubles the OG run.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 8, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't feel like it was too hard to get like, A4 on Ayaka just doing the natural exploration and picking up petals, though i already considered having an electro in the party then an intentional compromise. going beyond that is where it got annoying, and having passed the 168 total needed for A6 i just look at them like welp, would be nice if i could stock this stuff like literally everything else but i guess not.

like i'm anywhere from 100-200 on everything else in the region and i don't even need most of them, it's just kind of stupid.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I feel like there's a lot of them all over the place in places you frequently need to go. Casually collecting them when I happen to be running an Electro, I've got about 80. I don't need them for anything, though, so maybe it's different when you want a lot now.

Dang, 3 spawns near a waypoint

Out of curiousty, are you doing Inazuma artifacts daily? There's seems to be a metric fuckton of them. I imagine it easily more than doubles the OG run.
They (mercifully?) added a cap to how many artifacts you can farm. It's about a ~30k XP max until they disappear and you can't pick any more up. So you can actually cut out some of the worse liyue spots and just do the best liyue+inazuma spots (best inazuma spots are the run around the perimeter of the pyro hypostasis, talent domain pot island, and the little cannon island). I don't have inazuma down to a science yet, there might be a whole good tatarasuna route but I haven't figured it out.

Also, there's apparently a web event active that I saw zero notification of anywhere in the client: https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys..._medium=twitter, rewards are 60 primos and 3 red fragments.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 8, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Also, there's apparently a web event active that I saw zero notification of anywhere in the client: https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys..._medium=twitter, rewards are 60 primos and 3 red fragments.

Yoimiya just can't get a break

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
This new craftable sword looks so good on Jean.

Also the stats are good or whatever.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Maxwell Adams posted:

This new craftable sword looks so good on Jean.

Also the stats are good or whatever.
In terms of numbers it is a really, really good sword for her, very close to Festering Desire.

Sanctum posted:

There hasn't been anything worth using crystals on so far (and no real leaks about future crystal-only purchases) but that can always change. Taking 86 wishes for Jean is very unfortunate (bottom 1% of outcomes), you're only four rolls away from the start of soft pity for ayaka right now.

Grab the first time primogems from here if you haven't yet: https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/event/signin-sea/index.html?act_id=e202102251931481&lang=en-us

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 8, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

Even if Jean wasn't the Ayaka you wanted, she's a great pull, especially early on.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

No Wave posted:

In terms of numbers it is a really, really good sword for her, very close to Festering Desire.

Oh no, Jean can't use that sword, it's hideous. That sword goes to Bennet so it can be fully engulfed in flame whenever it's on screen.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i love the juxtaposition of prim knight leader and living evil eyeball sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

No the reason it goes to bennett is because it's funny to give the unluckiest boy in the world a cursed sword