Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Endorph posted:

also capturing the gaza c causes a bunch of bugs so dont do that

Catching it in mobile armour mode causes the bugs. Mobile suit mode is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

it also includes Mama is a 4th Grader.

what an unfortunate title

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inferno-sama posted:

Catching it in mobile armour mode causes the bugs. Mobile suit mode is fine.
oh good to know if i ever replay it, thanks

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Are there any missables? Looking through the secrets guide I see something about sub-scenarios are there requirements for those?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Senerio posted:

Are there any missables? Looking through the secrets guide I see something about sub-scenarios are there requirements for those?
sub scenarios are i believe automatically unlocked, or at least i cant remember any i had to go out of my way for.

they're all repeatable but some of them contain secrets you have to do on your first playthrough of them. besides that, puru 2 and the layzner mk-2 are the only secrets obtained during main stages, which aren't repeatable, so theyre missable.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Senerio posted:

No, the sub-scenarios are automatically unlocked.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thank for the advice, gonna dive in.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Light Gun Man posted:

what an unfortunate title

If I'm remembering the right show it's one of those "kid travels back in time to when their parents were kids" kind of things anime occasionally does

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

drrockso20 posted:

If I'm remembering the right show it's one of those "kid travels back in time to when their parents were kids" kind of things anime occasionally does

i wonder if there are any of the stories that use that concept involve the parents deciding it's best to just not have kids ever

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

drrockso20 posted:

Wikipedia says the kid is sent back in time by accident and arrives when her mom is only in fourth grade, shenanigans ensue. Could be cute

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Endorph posted:

also capturing the gaza c causes a bunch of bugs so dont do that

I'm really curious about this now, what kind of bugs does it cause?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Blaze Dragon posted:

From what I was told, units untransform after a mission, which is OK when Braiger stops being a car and goes back to being a robot.

If you capture the Gaza C MA it gets really confused about what it should transform back into (because enemies don't use the Transform functionality) and messes up the other robots' save data. It's perfectly safe if you capture a Gaza C suit though, because it doesn't need to untransform after the fight, and then works normally in your hands. And there's nothing else you can actually capture in MA form so it's only the Gaza C's problem.

Prism fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 8, 2021

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Just chiming in here to mention that I've had at least one report for the normal MS mode also causing issues when caught, so I still don't recommend it to be 100% sure. One of the other folks who was working on the patch was thinking that it's because it's a transformable unit that can be captured in general, compared to just added to the roster via an event. In terms of the actual effects it doesn't affect other robot data from what we've seen, it instead overwrites a bunch of data which tracks "how many times have I completed X stage which happens later in the game" that gets saved to the memory card (so it'll persist on a file). This means that at some point you'll get to those stages, the game will see that you've "already completed" them and decide not to offer them again, so you'll end up skipping main missions due to it. In the reported case I had sent my way, this meant that the mission where Dancouga gets upgraded was skipped, so that person could have been stuck with the normal one for the rest of the game.

However, I can manually fix up save files which look to be showing this issue, there's just no details on what part of the code is doing it for sure. If you spot that you're not getting the proper next scenario/two sub-scenarios, you can private message me on here or poke me on the Akurasu Discord server with save files from Dolphin if needed.

Senerio posted:

Yeah, Endorph has it right here. No way to miss sub-scenarios, but some secrets may be locked to the first time through them. For example, one involves infiltrating a base in 5 turns on the first time through, but every run afterwards it's not there so you can't loot it for the secret. Also, you can prep units for capture with Braiger since it can transform into a smaller unit for parts targeting as well, so alongside Amuro it's another thing to keep in mind for early captures.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

on the other hand that sounds like it might make capturing the gaza-c optimal for speedruns :v: though the game can crash if you skip something it expects you to have, resulting in a busted save. like if you miss a main scenario where a unit joins, and then later on it wants to forcedeploy that unit, pretty sure thats a crash

Reiska
Oct 14, 2013
Braiger can also help with capturing in its large form by using Kid's Snipe spirit command, as well.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Reiska posted:

Braiger can also help with capturing in its large form by using Kid's Snipe spirit command, as well.

Also the car form is tiny enough.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senerio posted:

Just saw the GC translation was finished. any tips for that game before I start?

You can always thank Arc impulse, myself, oppai missile, Dashman, and Steve0.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

General Revil posted:

Why yes, I should do that.

Thanks!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

General Revil posted:

Did you guys translate it? If so, hats off to you, we appreciate having all the SRWs we can :tipshat:

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siegkrow posted:

Did you guys translate it? If so, hats off to you, we appreciate having all the SRWs we can :tipshat:

Yup. Started March 2013, released May 2021. https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6105/ I go by Bring Stabity on pretty much every platform except SA. Thanks.

Senerio posted:

Why yes, I should do that.

Thanks!

You're welcome. Enjoy!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So I got around to watching Gridman and I'm now REALLY curious how it's going to work in SRW assuming they don't just do a cheap out disconnected reality bubble deal anyways. Also they better give OG Gridman a planet cut-in I swear to god if Fixer Beam doesn't get one I'm gonna lose it. Not enough attacks with planet cut-ins.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they should have used gridman as an excuse to put zegapain in a mainline srw.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

It would seem we're getting both versions for SRW 30. The one from T is on the box art, while the screenshots for Armageddon on the website/what's shown in the trailer use the giant battleship version.

Methinks it'll be either a mutually exclusive secret, or other shenanigans.

They're actually completely different units. The one from T is actually a unit from Daikessan that has an entirely different genesis. It's mostly just Shin Getter Robo's upgrade, ala Getter G to Getter-1. The whole thing in T where it only transforms its limbs and stuff into the other Getter unit's weapons and equipment is straight from Daikessan. It is missing the Getter Tomahawk Bits though.

The giant battleship is more commonly known as Shin Dragon and is the fusion of a bunch of Getter Dragons. I can't remember if Daikessan had Shin Dragon though, so this might be the first time they were in the same game together.

Infinity Gaia posted:

So I got around to watching Gridman and I'm now REALLY curious how it's going to work in SRW assuming they don't just do a cheap out disconnected reality bubble deal anyways. Also they better give OG Gridman a planet cut-in I swear to god if Fixer Beam doesn't get one I'm gonna lose it. Not enough attacks with planet cut-ins.

That's why I was asking about it earlier, too.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

I keep thinking how extremely rad it would be if they somehow tied Gridman in with Gaogaigar and had it set on what's left over of repli-Earth after Final, especially since the people in the computer world in SSSS Gridman are called 'repli-compoids.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Infinity Gaia posted:

A game based around Gridman's setting could've been neat. You could put in Getter Robo Devolution and Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise which also have a similar setting and neither have been in SRW as of yet.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Blaze Dragon posted:

A game based around Gridman's setting could've been neat. You could put in Getter Robo Devolution and Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise which also have a similar setting and neither have been in SRW as of yet.

You could also put in Star Driver as well

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Phlogistic posted:

I keep thinking how extremely rad it would be if they somehow tied Gridman in with Gaogaigar and had it set on what's left over of repli-Earth after Final, especially since the people in the computer world in SSSS Gridman are called 'repli-compoids.

What if that's how they square the gundam timeline circle: all your favorite gundam lads are just computers now, or whatever. I don't know I'm not even halfway into gridman myself and need to get back into it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Make it a real twist and have the fantasy world be the real planet and the modern Earth be the virtual one. You could even do something like Akane being the pillar of the virtual earth Rayearth style.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Just have it get real meta and have the characters get ripped straight out of a super robot wars game from the "real world".

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Just have it get real meta and have the characters get ripped straight out of a super robot wars game from the "real world".

Isn't this what they did with X's protag?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Droyer posted:

Isn't this what they did with X's protag?
Kinda? But X's protag was just from modern day Japan, Nuebot was saying the characters should literally be aware Super Robot Wars is a series of video games.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
NG Knight Ramune, but he's sucked into SRW instead.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I picked up V last week as part of my Vita re...vita-lization project and oh this is what it feels like to play a mainline SRW with a localization

the series list is almost my favorite mix, to date. seriously, maybe replace might gaine with gaogaigar (not even completely necessary, given who's in might gaine) and that would be pretty much definitive of series I like or wanted to see in SRW games

X and T also look cool but I'm very reluctant to give up both FMP! and Nadesico for either Gurren-Lagann or Gunbuster...

to be fair the last mainline SRW I actually completed was W, which did have my faves GGG+FMP!+Nadesico but didn't have UC Gundam. I don't know too much about the Z trilogy (trilogy?)

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 12, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nomyth posted:

I picked up V last week as part of my Vita re...vita-lization project and oh this is what it feels like to play a mainline SRW with a localization

the series list is almost my favorite mix, to date. seriously, maybe replace might gaine with gaogaigar (not even completely necessary, given who's in might gaine) and that would be pretty much definitive of series I like or wanted to see in SRW games

X and T also look cool but I'm very reluctant to give up both FMP! and Nadesico for either Gurren-Lagann or Gunbuster...

to be fair the last mainline SRW I actually completed was W. I don't know too much about the Z trilogy (trilogy?)

You still get Nadesico in T as well, in addition to Gaogaigar. I don't know how the rest of the lists stack up for you, but T is very good, for whatever that's worth.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

chiasaur11 posted:

You still get Nadesico in T as well, in addition to Gaogaigar. I don't know how the rest of the lists stack up for you, but T is very good, for whatever that's worth.

Frothing at the mouth for GGG-GGundam-Gunbuster in that Nadesico game. VOTOMs looks like it competed with FMP for that slot again but I'm afraid I'm more familiar with Cowboy Bebop than it--I know, I've probably missed out from not getting into VOTOMs.

Beltorchika's Children instead of Unicorn+Hathaway for some reason?

SRW30 chat: how much do we know so far about the MSVs, mobile suits that are playable and such?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

beltorchika's children is units only, so its just an excuse for the nightingale and hi-nu to be there.

as for 30, the only msv we've seen so far is the full armor hyaku shiki kai

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I entered V mainly interested in FMP, Nadesico, Yamato, and Evangelion.

I came away in love with MightGaine, Mazinger Zero, and Cross Ange as well. The Cross Ange / FMP / Seed Destiny was one of my favorite things about V.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

beltorchika's children is units only, so its just an excuse for the nightingale and hi-nu to be there.

as for 30, the only msv we've seen so far is the full armor hyaku shiki kai

In T, it's a bit more than that, despite the box's claims. Beltorchika's in the plot instead of Chan, and Amuro's explicitly a father-to-be. It plays into the whole decade long trio thing where Amuro, Koji, and Ryoma have all grown as people since the One Year War.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

In T, it's a bit more than that, despite the box's claims. Beltorchika's in the plot instead of Chan, and Amuro's explicitly a father-to-be. It plays into the whole decade long trio thing where Amuro, Koji, and Ryoma have all grown as people since the One Year War.
oh yeah i forgot that detail. t does some kinda interesting things with uc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
T also has the best OG lead in a while with Sagiri, imho.

It's kinda weird how she has a huge supporting cast that get maybe one line each though.