Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Asproigerosis posted:

bring back the wishbone

quote:

How the Saints can run an offense without any wide receivers
Or: “How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Triple Option”
https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2021/8/6/22611988/how-the-saints-can-run-an-offense-without-any-wide-receivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

lol I think we're going to end up in the exact same position with him next offseason because this isn't much.

They've basically guaranteed his entire (previously unguaranteed) 2022 salary on top of that, so I would imagine not unless he's top 3 DPOY again. In which case fair enough.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shirts and skins posted:

You've been down too long in the midnight sea
Oh what's becoming of me

Wait

:regd10:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

burrow went 0 for 12 today while wearing only one shoe in protest of what happened at the last practice. every time he took a snap he immediately threw the ball as far as he could, 20 yards downfield. the team moved on to working on direct rb snaps instead of giving kyle shurmur (no relation) or eric dungey (son of tony dungy) any looks. it's not going to be an interesting season for the cincinnati bengals. no one will be seeing something about them and remembering that they exist this year

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So another normal Bengals season

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Did an AI write that

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Cavauro posted:

you can still do it in the nfl if you pretend the ball came out of your butt hole for some reason and you're laying it down right behind you, letting everyone know

that's the bit where the snake eats the girls' intestines? I thought I saw the same thing

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
things arent so bad for the cincinnati bengals. why i bet this is the year they finally win a game

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Cavauro posted:

burrow went 0 for 12 today while wearing only one shoe in protest of what happened at the last practice. every time he took a snap he immediately threw the ball as far as he could, 20 yards downfield. the team moved on to working on direct rb snaps instead of giving kyle shurmur (no relation) or eric dungey (son of tony dungy) any looks. it's not going to be an interesting season for the cincinnati bengals. no one will be seeing something about them and remembering that they exist this year

What kicked this off?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

lol I think we're going to end up in the exact same position with him next offseason because this isn't much.

I think that's fine if you're not going to be left holding the bag, the bag in question being a surgical waste container full of dead ligaments and cartilage from a hosed up knee.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shirts and skins posted:

Did an AI write that

Yes? Everyone knew that about Cavauro right?

Anyway it's always an interesting season for the Bengals.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure if it is worrying or smart that Burrow isn't playing in preseason games

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cavauro posted:

What was Marvin Lewis reaction?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Patrick Spens posted:

What kicked this off?

It's a bad team

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Cavauro posted:

Finally going full BBP, I see.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

As with wint, there is both a Cavauro and a "Cavauro but AI." The one that wins is the one you feed

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The bengals are interesting because they exist in the lineup of teams, they get draft spots, and they even have televised games in the National Football League but they don't actually play football

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Now they just need to extend Big Q and they'll have a few really important players locked up for a while.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Your instinct is to counter the argument and offer vainly "you must be joking, surely they play football!"

And then you witness the ending of the 2015-16 Wild Card game and you know in your heart there are many things you can say, but none of them are "yep, that was football alright"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Burrow finding out that the Bengals are less professional an operation than LSU or Ohio State and losing his cool after an offseason where Mike Brown was to cheap to pay linemen that WANTED to play there.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When my franchise QB says to a reporter if I'm still playing like this in the regular season it is time to hit the panic button, well I hit the panic button immediately. WTF was he thinking

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"I think we're always evaluating what's out there on both sides of the line. But, hopefully Fred (Johnson) can come back sooner than later, Riley (Reiff) could be back as soon as today," Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said. "I think Isaiah Prince has done a nice job. It's good for D'Ante Smith to get a lot of reps. It's not a bad thing when a guy misses a practice or two because you get a chance to see those young guys step up and what they are capable of and the pressure is on them a little bit."

Injuries are good actually and depth is for bitches. It's time to up D'Ante and go "All In" on this Cincinnati Bengals football season

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What if, and hear me out, Joe Burrow is not in fact bad? What if he’s even good?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Burrow ruined confirmed

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

When my franchise QB says to a reporter if I'm still playing like this in the regular season it is time to hit the panic button, well I hit the panic button immediately. WTF was he thinking

He’s coming off an injury. It’s just a pretty normal “I’m not where I need to be and it’s frustrating but it’s not time to panic” statement.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait I thought the last CBA made holdout fines stick no matter what?

I think that's just for TC and games missed and not mini camp fines?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Burrow will be like Carson Palmer in that he'll be bad after his injury but somehow amazing still when he plays the Ravens.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So the rookie QB power rankings right now appears to be…

1. Trey Lance
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Zach Wilson
4. Justin Fields
5. Mac Jones

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fsif posted:

1. Trey Lance
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Zach Wilson
4. Justin Fields
5. Mac Jones

Zach just melted down in the stadium so not sure about this.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also Mac Jones has actually been good overall so far, he had 1 iffy practice and Cam has had... mostly iffy practices.

Still too soon to tell, etc.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
His name is McCorkle.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Joe Bur-blow

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Eh it was obviously a bad practice but he's seemed to generally show out well most of the rest the time.

sean10mm posted:

Also Mac Jones has actually been good overall so far, he had 1 iffy practice and Cam has had... mostly iffy practices.

Still too soon to tell, etc.

The reports I've seen that say Mac has been good bury the fact that he's mostly been playing against the second team and dedicate a much larger part of the write up to seven-on-sevens. Sounds like he's been putrid (as has Cam!) against the starting defense.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

If a quarterback is doing good in training camp then it's because they are going to break out this season. If they are doing poorly in camp then it's because the defense is going to be one of the best units in the NFL. Embrace camp season

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/SoIcyFlee/status/1424434764333948929?s=19

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If Fields is the real deal then the Broncos are gonna fire George Paton since Fields was sitting right there at #9 and now we're stuck in one of the most boring battles for starting quarterback

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Nick Jr. Face posted:

If Fields is the real deal then the Broncos are gonna fire George Paton since Fields was sitting right there at #9 and now we're stuck in one of the most boring battles for starting quarterback

I get the feeling at least three GMs should/will get fired for passing on him. Carolina, Denver and NYG minimum.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

fsif posted:

1. Trey Lance
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Zach Wilson
4. Justin Fields
5. Mac Jones

I haven’t seen anything on how Trevor is doing posted here so I assume that means he’s not loving up badly. Is that the general sentiment?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

latinotwink1997 posted:

I haven’t seen anything on how Trevor is doing posted here so I assume that means he’s not loving up badly. Is that the general sentiment?

Gregg Rosenthal has talked about how there's like not Jax beat reporters. Athletic doesn't have dedicated coverage, the local newspaper is behind a paywall, etc. So it's a black hole of info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

latinotwink1997 posted:

That was my rationale for putting him at 2. Just a bunch of vague "he looks good!"s and a benefit of the doubt for the best prospect since Luck or whatever.