Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I thought I was going to find my 117th shrine last night but turns out I was just completing a side quest I'd forgotten about :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i heard there’s a 121st shrine underneath a truck in hateno village.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it’s where you get the shrek armor

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

use barrels, the sneaking suit and food, and iirc a real strong bow to take out the guys from stealth or get behind them and one-shot them with a sneak attack

I think it was this but

President Beep posted:

mankind shouldn’t have such skill so it’s probably for the best.

agreed. vae, puto deus fio

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

use barrels, the sneaking suit and food, and iirc a real strong bow to take out the guys from stealth or get behind them and one-shot them with a sneak attack

Yeah this is what I did. Had to get really, really good at dodging when the big guys showed up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

otoh yiga hideout was kind of a pain in the rear end because its a force stealth segment, but on the other the parts where breath of the wild said "ok heres a concrete challenge that you have to use your toolkit to get around instead of avoiding it" all kick rear end. give us more dungeons in botw2!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I've had a bunch of dreams lately that frankly aren't interesting enough to post in the thread about parkouring around giant floating castles and lava shrines in BotW2. The sub conscious hype is getting to be unbearable.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
If they don't add a fishing rod to botw2 I'm gonna flip out. Literally the worst thing about botw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my wishlist for botw2

*fishing rod
*butterfly net
*more dungeons
*more enemy types
*make cooking better

although tbh i'd be 100% fine if they don't change a thing

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I hope they let Link spear fish.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I forogt about the bad forced stealth section thabk u shiggy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The best 3d zelda game is still majoras mask becuase its mostly about talking to the npc weirdos

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hookshot is always welcome in my home

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

doesn’t even have to be longshot. no pressure here.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

President Beep posted:

i met kilton the other day. when he thought i was suggesting that i liked monsters more than he did and acted like he was gonna jump the counter and kick my rear end i busted up laughing.

if you pick "I love monsters!" he immediately screams "I LOVE MONSTERS MORE THAN YOU!" and slams both fists on the table and its one of the few times a game has made my stomach hurt from laughing

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

AverySpecialfriend posted:

If they don't add a fishing rod to botw2 I'm gonna flip out. Literally the worst thing about botw

it is genuinely bizarre that it’s not in botw. really feels like it should be

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I had the Ancient Bow and Arrows by the time I did the Yiga hideout mission, which meant I could just potshot everyone out of existence and completely negate the challenge. I robbed myself of a fun banana time.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

extremebuff posted:

if you pick "I love monsters!" he immediately screams "I LOVE MONSTERS MORE THAN YOU!" and slams both fists on the table and its one of the few times a game has made my stomach hurt from laughing

lol, that’s exactly what i was referring too. it was very funny.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

When I have finished enjoying Skyward Sword HD, which is good, I think that I'll play Twilight Princess HD.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

When I have finished enjoying Skyward Sword HD, which is good, I think that I'll play Twilight Princess HD.

tragic

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

did one of the major test of strength shrines. i’d like to thank nintendo for making it possible to clear such challenges via buffs and op weapons because I’m absolute dogshit at combat.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

President Beep posted:

did one of the major test of strength shrines. i’d like to thank nintendo for making it possible to clear such challenges via buffs and op weapons because I’m absolute dogshit at combat.

you will learn to be good through the trial of the sword.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress the trial of the sword, imo.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like trial of the sword. it was challenging but not insane.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

you will learn to be good through the trial of the sword.

Oh fuk :ohdear:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

There was something similar to trial of the sword in wind waker right? It’s been so long since I’ve played I can’t really remember the details. I remember thinking it was badass, so I’m pumped to try trial of the sword. Was also a big fan of the eventide island quest

Found shrine 117 last night. Somehow had missed the Paya quest til now. That was a satisfying one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I like trial of the sword. it was challenging but not insane.

its really great. doing it on mastermode is insane psychos only stuff though. all the enemies have quadruple regen HP but all the weapons are the same lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

There was something similar to trial of the sword in wind waker right? It’s been so long since I’ve played I can’t really remember the details. I remember thinking it was badass, so I’m pumped to try trial of the sword. Was also a big fan of the eventide island quest

Found shrine 117 last night. Somehow had missed the Paya quest til now. That was a satisfying one

sort of, windwaker has the cave of ordeals or whatever they call it that's a huge gauntlet dungeon. twilight princess has one as well. trial of the sword is a little different because the only thing it lets you keep is your hearts and stamina upgrades

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

extremebuff posted:

its really great. doing it on mastermode is insane psychos only stuff though. all the enemies have quadruple regen HP but all the weapons are the same lol

yeah trial of the sword is the one thing in master mode where i said gently caress it no thanks lol. it's so bad

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Love the one island that strips you of all your poo poo and makes you beat it on pure skill alone.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Love the one island that strips you of all your poo poo and makes you beat it on pure skill alone.

that one is also designed to look vaguely like a tiny koholint island too, it owns

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

NienNunb posted:

tried that one once so far. was pretty fun but i also had my rear end handed to me. Such is life.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I simply picked up boxes and beat everything to death with it, including the cyclops

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fungah! posted:

i didn't even know you could use barrels there. i thought someone was mixing it up with wind waker.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I am just now learning about the barrels, for a game I put multiple hundreds of hours into.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I simply picked up boxes and beat everything to death with it, including the cyclops

I just did this island and didn’t even bother fighting that guy. Just glided down onto his chest in my underpants and ran away with the ball. It’s not gay to do that btw.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

NienNunb posted:

I am just now learning about the barrels, for a game I put multiple hundreds of hours into.

Lol what the gently caress

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just did this island and didn’t even bother fighting that guy. Just glided down onto his chest in my underpants and ran away with the ball. It’s not gay to do that btw.

During that mission I figured out that when Hinoxes sleep you can sneak onto their hand and theyll drop you right next to their whole necklace of loot when they use that hand to scratch their stomachs. Not really necessary to do that any other time since obliterating them with your giant weapon stash is usually easier anyway, but it was a neat little touch

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

don’t wake daddy: botw edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fiend Matador posted:

During that mission I figured out that when Hinoxes sleep you can sneak onto their hand and theyll drop you right next to their whole necklace of loot when they use that hand to scratch their stomachs. Not really necessary to do that any other time since obliterating them with your giant weapon stash is usually easier anyway, but it was a neat little touch

:stare: This game ftw.