Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

these boys sound really nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!! send post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don’t feel like you really send posts

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

brian knobbs used to steal other wrestlers' gear if they left their stuff unattended and he would take it into the bathroom with him. he would get naked to take a dump then put on the other wrestlers' gear without wiping himself, and do squats and lunges in it, and then eat all the gear and poop And tell the wrestler whose stuff it was that he was really sorry. he would start crying while doing this and saying he can't help it, and somehow he was able to fool even himself into feeling shame and sadness about what he'd done in those moments but the feeling would go away and he'd laugh about it later. he was a bad person, but a real complicated one like most people. He's still alive

you had me in the first half

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that includes eating the gear and poop. you vile lad

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

they are called the nasty boys

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That’s how his b-hole got so big

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1424415343397654529

Gargano/Ciampa was the breaking point for me too. I didn't care for the matches (which everyone else raved about) and the feud went on way too long for my tastes

e: If it was possible for a match to have too much psychology it was that series.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
NXT was never the same after it absorbed FCW. All downhill from there.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

NXT was never the same since Bo Dallas lost the title.

I still Bo-Lieve :(

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Nasty Boys are local boys and i've even had teachers and my father and some co workers had a run in with them a few times. They're dumb as poo poo and incredibly loud and still get in drunken bar fights with people younger than them. Once saw him come into my work just to use the toilet and leave lmao.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DanielSpencer/status/1424546955733131269?s=20

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m glad he wasn’t found safe and sounding

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ryrynemnem/status/1424441751989719041

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

michael smellgin

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Orange Carlisle posted:

they are called the nasty boys

i guess the answer to 'nasty as we wanna be' was 'a lot'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

idgi is this foreshadowing murphy going to aew ?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

graph posted:

its LORE baby!!!!!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

graph posted:

yeah, apparently he and tommy end have been planning things for a while and it'd be a good next direction to go in once cody is firmly in the ground

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/RonFunches/status/1424351114317733889

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/SilverNumber1/status/1424380699541491714

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/onitafire123/status/1424573994414477314

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Unironically want this.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

graph posted:

Tommy foreshadowed it pretty much immediately after he debuted iirc. Whenever he put out that vignette of him in the asylum. They talk about Matthew being a problem inmate in that vid, Tommy started referring to Murphy as Matthew on twitter, and the reason Malakai’s eye is all hosed up is because of the stair thing Murphy did to Aleister Black’s eye in WWE.

Thank you for joining me for this storytime reading of the LORE OF THE HOUSE OF BLACK.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Lethrom posted:

Tommy foreshadowed it pretty much immediately after he debuted iirc. Whenever he put out that vignette of him in the asylum. They talk about Matthew being a problem inmate in that vid, Tommy started referring to Murphy as Matthew on twitter, and the reason Malakai’s eye is all hosed up is because of the stair thing Murphy did to Aleister Black’s eye in WWE.

Thank you for joining me for this storytime reading of the LORE OF THE HOUSE OF BLACK.

i hope that, when he's trying to explain the backstory of the eye thing in a video package, they do a dark side of the ring-style acted recreation of the stair spot

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lethrom posted:

Tommy foreshadowed it pretty much immediately after he debuted iirc. Whenever he put out that vignette of him in the asylum

oh. i didn't watch that. ty

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the Black adjacent media, including the twitch streams(or at least pertinent clips) are worth checking out. Malaki is a total nerd about details in his angles. Like a dutch Randy Savage.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

mfcrocker posted:

Gotta be the Briscoes for me

I can explain this - before the Bucks made Tag Team wrestling a thing again it was the Briscoes. At the time on the indies you had shotty tag trams that were just bad, or two singles workers put together.

Tag teams were around but none were as in sync and great at being a tag team as the brothers and they made tag team matches great. They wre clearly two halves that made a greater whole. This is before Mark being a kung fu guy and Jay was well Jay.

Of course they burned every bridge and the Bucks did what they did but even better but for a while there they were easily the best pure Tag Team in wrestling.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

abraham linksys posted:

i hope that, when he's trying to explain the backstory of the eye thing in a video package, they do a dark side of the ring-style acted recreation of the stair spot

It has to be with blurry actors who look nothing like either of them though.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

It has to be with blurry actors who look nothing like either of them though.

Channing Decker as Pillman makes some sense.

Channing as Eddie Guerrero tho…
uh…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPg2JstJT78/?utm_medium=copy_link

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Wait, if the Nasty Boys hazed Ken Shamrock then how are they still alive?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1424519301206134785

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TTBF posted:

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1424415343397654529

Gargano/Ciampa was the breaking point for me too. I didn't care for the matches (which everyone else raved about) and the feud went on way too long for my tastes

e: If it was possible for a match to have too much psychology it was that series.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of clicking the trending topic and there's a whooole lot of people screaming 'OH SO NOW PEOPLE DON'T LIKE GARGANO AND CIAMPA'S FEUD BUNCH OF FAKE FANS HOW DARE YOU TURN ON THEM' etc etc.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Hopefully Shazza can get signed somewhere but that visa issue is an issue.

https://twitter.com/Shazza_McKenzie/status/1422709442169118722?s=20

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Lid posted:

I can explain this - before the Bucks made Tag Team wrestling a thing again it was the Briscoes. At the time on the indies you had shotty tag trams that were just bad, or two singles workers put together.

Tag teams were around but none were as in sync and great at being a tag team as the brothers and they made tag team matches great. They wre clearly two halves that made a greater whole. This is before Mark being a kung fu guy and Jay was well Jay.

Of course they burned every bridge and the Bucks did what they did but even better but for a while there they were easily the best pure Tag Team in wrestling.

Yeah okay, but I was at the events which ended up getting them blackballed from pretty much the entire UK and it's not like that was the first instance of them being homophobic as poo poo

I guess hence not giving them the time of day

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
For a long time I had dropped off watching NXT weekly but I kept watching the Takeovers. I honestly think the thing that made me stop watching entirely was Dream being a nonce.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Personally I watch the occasional NXT match if it gets enough praise and most of them are good as a one-off, but I couldn't imagine getting invested in a product that's has the Sword of Damocles that is Vince and the main roster hanging over it at every moment.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I only really have the energy to be focused on one promotion, and even then I'm nearly a year behind on Dynamites. ADHD is a bitch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

El Generico posted:

For a long time I had dropped off watching NXT weekly but I kept watching the Takeovers. I honestly think the thing that made me stop watching entirely was Dream being a nonce.

oh yeah that was a big one and the way they kept putting him on tv after everyoen knew what was up. v bad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's funny that all it took was Tommy End switching to a company that would use him well and let him do his own thing to take his Deep Lore Bullshit from lame to awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

gargano ciampa's whole thing very much started the loss of interest for me, which peaked (or cratered) precisely at the moment aleister black said 'i absolve you of your sins' and then I stopped watching takeovers bar the occasional kyle o reilly match