Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If you ever want to get over a needle fear I recommend getting hospitalized with a really bad chest infection

They will bleed you until your veins are dust and work their way to your hands when the elbows and arms are cooked.

Alternatively just donate blood or plasma enough times that you get used to the gigantic hose they shove into your arm and regular IV/IM needles will seem like a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

they didn't say whether she and her family got vaccinated after this happened lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

inferis posted:

with no difference based on time since infection so potentially permanent

The punch line being that it correlated very highly with loss of smell.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

This pandemic has really turned around my opinion of gulags. Absolutely address the structural and economic issues causing reactionary thinking, but some people just need to be sent to the camps and away from the internet. Saying this as something who'd (deservedly) get gulaged, just not for COVID related wrongthink.

Still don't agree with struggle sessions though, unnecessary and undignified for all involved.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Horseshoe theory posted:

Didn't ask me, but:

Rock on, little alien dog

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

not doing what god says has been working out pretty well for me so far. people shouldn't be asking her so many questions. there's a lot of scales to balance and if you're gonna end up on the wrong side, you might as well do it on your own terms.

imo

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

sonatinas posted:

my psychologist spouse who sees Medicaid often tells me they can’t fix society, they don’t do therapy just evaluations and reports but if your life situation is poo poo then kinda hard to get your material needs in order to get the help you need

that is why I'm doomed lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

actionjackson posted:

they didn't say whether she and her family got vaccinated after this happened lol

listen buddy, God said no. He has a plan

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I’m assuming he’ll exit office with around 3 million dead Americans during his 4 years. if he wins re-election, who knows.

i can’t imagine what America will be like 6 months from now, much less 3.5 years. probably bad and getting worse.

what's the most that any President could realistically do though? Yeah Biden sucks balls but I'm still curious. For example Florida - what could he do? Use some sort of federal emergency powers to take over and forcibly vaccinate everyone?

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1424573667141373952

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

actionjackson posted:

what's the most that any President could realistically do though? Yeah Biden sucks balls but I'm still curious. For example Florida - what could he do? Use some sort of federal emergency powers to take over and forcibly vaccinate everyone?

Shatter federalism on the rocks of force and forge a new central government.

Not impossible in general but certainly impossible for Sleepy Joe. A motivated and engaged cynic in 2024 though will likely have everything teed up for them.

e. there are at least 2 or 3 concurrent states of emergency in the US that give broad power to the executive. I am reasonably sure that, say, a national vaccine mandate wouldn’t get challenged in any court because it would undermine significant frameworks that allow the status quo to exist and there’s no entity to enforce a ruling otherwise.

Penisaurus Sex has issued a correction as of 04:43 on Aug 9, 2021

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Solarin posted:

listen buddy, God said no. He has a plan

So saith the LORD: "low IQ crazy Mindy prayed to me three nights in a row and insisted on getting vacinnated. Her lungs were badly bleeding. I said no!"

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Chamale posted:

Alberta Health Services is not allowed to discuss covid publicly, so they say it's due to heat-related illness. The high today is 18 (64 F).

lol, that's amazing. do you have more info on this?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

seeing as god said "don't get vaxxed" and then you die, one could infer that the virus is indeed god's creation and not man's.

checkmate kungfluailures

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

Everyone saying that Trump was good are just chuds trying to be sneaky right? Like Biden loving sucks, Trump loving sucked in many of the same but occasionally wildly stupid ways. Stop trying to push 'actually Trump was p good' poo poo you idiots.

Is this covid brain? Jesus this disease is scary.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Nocturtle posted:

This pandemic has really turned around my opinion of gulags. Absolutely address the structural and economic issues causing reactionary thinking, but some people just need to be sent to the camps and away from the internet. Saying this as something who'd (deservedly) get gulaged, just not for COVID related wrongthink.

Still don't agree with struggle sessions though, unnecessary and undignified for all involved.

sentence them all to off-the-grid weed growing hippie communes in the desert

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

my hospital is drowning in covid again gently caress this fuckin bullshit

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Shatter federalism on the rocks of force and forge a new central government.

Not impossible in general but certainly impossible for Sleepy Joe. A motivated and engaged cynic in 2024 though will likely have everything teed up for them.

Without class consciousness this becomes fascism pretty much instantly and America doesn’t have anything vaguely resembling class consciousness. If you are American left-accelerationism is not an escape. Sorry.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

TheSlutPit posted:

Without class consciousness this becomes fascism pretty much instantly and America doesn’t have anything vaguely resembling class consciousness. If you are American left-accelerationism is not an escape. Sorry.

I didn’t say it was and I think that what you’re describing is very likely, to the extent that the United States is not a fascist country already.

Looking beyond COVID there are a lot of crises coming and currently our government can’t even do the basic things required of it for state hygiene. there are a certain amount of tasks that need done to keep the state on rails and I think any sort of real upheaval has a failure of that hygiene as a pre-requisite.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Fellow covidgoons: this is my semi annual request for links to good sites to order kn95s for both adults and kids

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Dreylad posted:

gonna laugh if biden ends up deploying the hospital ships that trump deployed a while ago

Remember when some Q nut tried to ram a train into one?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

right next to my clothes chair is my doom chair and i'm about ready to toss covid on the pile with all the other dooms.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Are you a prophet lady? Because if the answer is no you can gently caress right off with "God said". Bible is abundantly clear that God isn't ever going to talk to regular people again.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

actionjackson posted:

don't know if you knew this but the president can send the military wherever he wants

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

slippery doc posted:

So saith the LORD: "low IQ crazy Mindy prayed to me three nights in a row and insisted on getting vacinnated. Her lungs were badly bleeding. I said no!"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Shear Modulus posted:

don't know if you knew this but the president can send the military wherever he wants

no

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Meanwhile vaccination rates in Good* Vancouver are like 80% despite no supply at first.

*Relatively, cost of living exempt from this rating.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

VectorSigma posted:

right next to my clothes chair is my doom chair and i'm about ready to toss covid on the pile with all the other dooms.

that's cool, my wife won't let me get a gaming chair tho

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
It's going to be just awesome when I finally get my kids vaccinated and back to in-person school just in time for an escape variant to rear it's ugly head due to these anti-vax, anti-mask fuckups.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Fellow covidgoons: this is my semi annual request for links to good sites to order kn95s for both adults and kids

a thread favorite (*and I like this vendor a lot as well)

https://behealthyusa.net/

They're kf94s. poo poo is selling out, from the sounds of it. so I wouldn't delay long on getting a 100box. They sell kids masks as well, which seem to be in even shorter supply

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

sullat posted:

Remember when some Q nut tried to ram a train into one?

hahahhahaha i forgot about that

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Shiroc posted:

Everyone saying that Trump was good are just chuds trying to be sneaky right? Like Biden loving sucks, Trump loving sucked in many of the same but occasionally wildly stupid ways. Stop trying to push 'actually Trump was p good' poo poo you idiots.
I think if Trump was still president we wouldn't be having such a bad wave. Or maybe not such an early one. All the liberals and team blue would be actively resisting Trump's push to open er up. Instead we got Biden's permission to mask off and his push to open schools and here we are

although none of these thought games matter. we're where we're at and poo poo is hosed

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

im gonna have to recycle cans and return canned corn at costco until i can afford to buy a racing wheel, pedals and shifter then come up with some bullshit story about finding it cheap on facebook marketplace or some poo poo

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

actually the president can only suggest things, and use free market solutions

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Tzen posted:

I think if Trump was still president we wouldn't be having such a bad wave. Or maybe not such an early one. All the liberals and team blue would be actively resisting Trump's push to open er up. Instead we got Biden's permission to mask off and his push to open schools and here we are

although none of these thought games matter. we're where we're at and poo poo is hosed

trump was president last year and covid waves still happened despite liberals supposedly resisting

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

look at this anti-vax filfth

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

faith-based vaccine efficacy

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Wore a 3M 7000 series to work for the first time Thursday and holy poo poo it blew. No one could understand anything I was saying unless I was yelling near their ear. It was uncomfortable as gently caress and my nose ached for a while after. Friday morning I ordered the HF803SD and P100 filters (3M P/N D3091) from Grainger and they arrived the next day. Holy poo poo it is way better than the 3M 6000 and 7000 series. The seal check button is super cool and it feels a little more comfortable too. I can't tell much of a difference with the speaking diaphragm yet but my SO said I sounded fine.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
how bad is it out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

trump was president last year and covid waves still happened despite liberals supposedly resisting
yeah sturgis and trump / right rallys would still be happening
but i wonder about lollapalooza and everything else
like i said, i still think the waves would happen, just not so quickly
delta doesn't give a gently caress