Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Looking forward to everyone realizing Jotaro had a 7 year old daughter during the events of Diamond is Unbreakable

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Johnny Joestar posted:

i can't wait for everyone to meet jolyne and agree that she is one of the best jojos

:same:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's literally no indication of netflix magically dropping the whole season all at once and i don't see how that would even remotely work given the work that goes into making poo poo like this, especially with what will inevitably be like 39 episodes

realistically netflix paid to have early access to it so they could entice people to subscribe so they can experience the episodes 'early' compared to when they'll start airing wherever later on

Are we absolutely sure Netflix would never hand over the TV rights to Toonami/Adult Swim? I’m pretty sure Jason DeMarco only said they weren’t interested in doing a simuldub with Toonami for the premiere. In my mind there’s at least a slim chance they might be willing to let Toonami take sloppy seconds on a TV run several months into 2022 at the earliest, although they may demand a high price tag for it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And considering Toonami's budget is basically none, well

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

And considering Toonami's budget is basically none, well

I only asked if it’s possible, not if it’s likely.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have no idea what the plans are once others are able to broadcast it, but until that window is up it seems like netflix basically just purchased the right to get a headstart on airing each weekly episode since they seem to be trying to branch out into more things and going the route of mixing this with making inhouse shows is probably their game plan

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

jotaro had a very important thesis paper to write about starfish and i think we should accept that

Can't wait for the reveal Jotaro only came for his daughter cause he heard the place is called Green Dolphin.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Super stoked for part 666….!!!! Super surprised it was actually a comprehensible trailer too, I feel like anime gets some goofy trash most of the time

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

bobjr posted:

Does that even get a mention in part 4? I think there's a line in the anime right at the start, but that's it.

Nope. I was hoping we'd have a small allusion to that at the end of Part 4, but DP held off on it.

It's the subject of many fan works (and one video game) to have young Jolyne in Morioh.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can't wait for the reveal Jotaro only came for his daughter cause he heard the place is called Green Dolphin.

Or because Koichi just randomly mentioned Florida when they were shooting the poo poo once

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
if I was a gambling man I would wager money on the episodes being dumped in cour-sized chunks onto Netflix

As for the odds of it airing on Adult Swim, you'd think that with WB being one of the big names on the production committee that might give Adult Swim an in, but Warner Bros is like, extra compartmentalized even compared to other corporations, so probably not

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

OnimaruXLR posted:

if I was a gambling man I would wager money on the episodes being dumped in cour-sized chunks onto Netflix

As for the odds of it airing on Adult Swim, you'd think that with WB being one of the big names on the production committee that might give Adult Swim an in, but Warner Bros is like, extra compartmentalized even compared to other corporations, so probably not

That’s an AT&T company my dude, it’s even moreso than you could ever inagine, believe you me.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The trailer on the Netflix youtube account almost at 3mil views already

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG90tHM1twQ

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

I like it :unsmith:

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Not sure I like it as much as Jotaro's or Giorno's, but also it's a fan-made version from a person whose versions of said themes aren't as good as their originals, in my opinion.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/merryweatherey/status/1425930980607528964?s=21

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

:five:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

am I the only one bothered by the words reading left-to-right?

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
The Rohan OVAs were dubbed right away, I would think that Pt 6 would get a similar treatment.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

netflix aren't letting a cash cow run free on a competitors service while they can milk it

i'd wager that it's more likely they extend stone ocean exclusivity to past steel ball run's release than let it free on tv

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

am I the only one bothered by the words reading left-to-right?
It's a... regional format. For manga from... upstate New York.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Well I'm from Utica and I've never read manga left-to-right.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oh, not in Utica, no, it's an Albany format.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1457555864563367936

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pucci is going to be voiced by Tomokazu Seki.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder why they named the OP after the series this time. Usually it was just adjacent.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Pucci is going to be voiced by Tomokazu Seki.

So Pucci is going to be voiced by Lucci :v:

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I wonder why they named the OP after the series this time. Usually it was just adjacent.

A lack of creativity, the first sign of mismanagement for this upcoming season, wherein the creators have lost sight of what made the series so popular

the end is nigh

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Popoto posted:

A lack of creativity, the first sign of mismanagement for this upcoming season, wherein the creators have lost sight of what made the series so popular

the end is nigh
But... the end being nigh means they perfectly understand Part 6

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Usually it's the "main theme" in the OST that's named after the series rather than the OP.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/1457888243739885568?s=20

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/1457888966221316100?s=20

The first 12 episodes will drop at once.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 9, 2021

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I've read all of parts 7 and 8 but skipped 6 entirely specifically because I knew the anime was going to happen and I am hype. as. gently caress.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Oh no the op is named after the anime. The op they commission.

Chill out people ffs.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I just asked an innocent question. I wasn't even bothered by the fact. :shrug:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hold your panic for part 7's CGI horses

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hold your panic for part 7's CGI horses

Oh god they're gonna be cgi aren't they. But they managed a beautiful traditionally animated horse in part 3.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kwyndig posted:

Oh god they're gonna be cgi aren't they. But they managed a beautiful traditionally animated horse in part 3.

they did! but SBR's a whole other barrel of oats

e: whoops lol

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember we're in the anime thread.

"Part 7 has horses" isn't exactly a spoiler but just a reminder if anyone confuses the 2 threads