Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

I can't believe steak finally rolled town again

what a very steak post of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

If somber is playing as steak I think steak needs to play as somber. It’s only fair.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Mr. Steak posted:

what do i find scummy about over-explaining a vote which is sk-hunting and then later backpedaling on that vote....?

gee idk

I'm often accused of appearing scummy so I don't care, but being scummy for a "serious" vote on someone who hadn't even posted in the game yet is a new one. So keep grasping at those (disposable) straws I guess.

Merk posting jokingly makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I know it's early so there's not a lot to go on yet, I'm not reading him for it but it's not behavior I'm used to seeing from him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

If somber is playing as steak I think steak needs to play as somber. It’s only fair.

I was considering playing as somber after he said he was playing as steak, but I just can't summon that level of scathing disregard for societal norms

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

I'm often accused of appearing scummy so I don't care, but being scummy for a "serious" vote on someone who hadn't even posted in the game yet is a new one. So keep grasping at those (disposable) straws I guess.

Merk posting jokingly makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I know it's early so there's not a lot to go on yet, I'm not reading him for it but it's not behavior I'm used to seeing from him.

Merk is giving me the feeling he told his scumbros he was going to show how you can be blatantly scummy but overcome suspicion by sheer force of personality. Perhaps somber said he would accept that challenge and try to one up him.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Merk is giving me the feeling he told his scumbros he was going to show how you can be blatantly scummy but overcome suspicion by sheer force of personality. Perhaps somber said he would accept that challenge and try to one up him.

You know you wahnna vote him. Just do it already like you were Pirlo taking a shot for the Azzurri while eating an Italian ice while playing mason cop vig while watching dropkick at the garden.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

You know you wahnna vote him. Just do it already like you were Pirlo taking a shot for the Azzurri while eating an Italian ice while playing mason cop vig while watching dropkick at the garden.

Top shelf Sandwolf right here, EXCEPT it is whanna. So close though!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

Lol this is something I would do

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There’s nothing standing out yet. But I’ll look a bit closer now.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Agreed, his part of our brief exchange felt forced

my one move is arbitrarily insisting someone is scum and hoping they get flustered

i'm all outta moves now

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

the holy poopacy posted:

this interaction feels very artificial imo

merk somber sandwolf scumteam, we got em

Poop is too joking. This is a gut read.

##vote poop

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Insandenza posted:

I was considering playing as somber after he said he was playing as steak, but I just can't summon that level of scathing disregard for societal norms

ooc I dunno if I should feel flattered by this but I am

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

There’s nothing standing out yet. But I’ll look a bit closer now.

Merk have you investigated merks last post?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Maerlyn posted:

This post pings me as townie.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Well I’m caught up

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

Merk have you investigated merks last post?

I’m not going to try to read you for a couple days. That worked last game.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Poop is too joking. This is a gut read.

##vote poop

if I hadn't already clocked you as scum this would definitely do it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Feels like a hell of a reach this early on D1 steak

Sure wouldn’t want to reach on d1???

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Top shelf Sandwolf right here, EXCEPT it is whanna. So close though!

drat you phone! I had to type it like four times as it kept autocorrecting.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

I’m not going to try to read you for a couple days. That worked last game.

It’s how I approach you most games.

Results are mixed.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Steak is posting at absolute madman speeds, so that makes me feel a lot better about him compared to the last couple of games I've seen him in.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote poopacy

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Steak is posting at absolute madman speeds, so that makes me feel a lot better about him compared to the last couple of games I've seen him in.

he was basically doing the same last game, although I think his posts definitely feel more earnest this time

although that's a pretty low bar to clear

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

the holy poopacy posted:

he was basically doing the same last game, although I think his posts definitely feel more earnest this time

although that's a pretty low bar to clear

the least earnest post of them all, ##vote poop

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

This poo poo got a big chuckle out of me Ahahah

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I agree with whoever described Steak as earnest

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

something about this post pings me, Merk is joking around and that’s enough for you to build up suspicion on him?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

something about this post pings me, Merk is joking around and that’s enough for you to build up suspicion on him?

I didn't say I am feeling suspicious towards him, I've only played with him a couple times but he doesn't usually joke around a whole lot. It's not an indication of his alignment, just an observation.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

I didn't say I am feeling suspicious towards him, I've only played with him a couple times but he doesn't usually joke around a whole lot. It's not an indication of his alignment, just an observation.

Then honestly this feels bizarre too, why even mention it?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
honestly I'm with maerlyn on this one

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I feel like you all are talking about dog merk. This is kong merk. That experienced changed him.

I have zero tell on his alignment but messing around or just trying new things, especially early in the game, has been pretty consistent lately.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the holy poopacy posted:

honestly I'm with maerlyn on this one

What exactly are you with, with Maerlyn? The observation that merk is being a little more aloof?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Voodoofly posted:

I feel like you all are talking about dog merk. This is kong merk. That experienced changed him.

I have zero tell on his alignment but messing around or just trying new things, especially early in the game, has been pretty consistent lately.

i already explained that merk was town as part of my role, clearly voodoo is faking content and not reading

ooc seems like an obvious vote from earlier interactions and looks worse now. If I had a gun i would shoot sandwolf ##vote poopacy

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I guess I should get caught up now. Is joke phase already over?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

I guess I should get caught up now. Is joke phase already over?

Just wait until we have matching avatars this game.

It will be eternal, shiny and chrome.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

ooc i would shoot sandwolf

wtf Somber is threatening me irl!!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

i already explained that merk was town as part of my role, clearly voodoo is faking content and not reading

ooc seems like an obvious vote from earlier interactions and looks worse now. If I had a gun i would shoot sandwolf ##vote poopacy

You said you were playing as Steak. I ignore Steak day 1.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

What exactly are you with, with Maerlyn? The observation that merk is being a little more aloof?

merk's jokes feel very different than town merk last game and are a flavor of self-deprecating "haha i'm scum guys but not really j/k" that rubs me the wrong way, at least being played up as much as he did

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the holy poopacy posted:

merk's jokes feel very different than town merk last game and are a flavor of self-deprecating "haha i'm scum guys but not really j/k" that rubs me the wrong way, at least being played up as much as he did

So you *are* indicating suspicion on merk from it? Maerlyn seemed to want to differentiate that it was purely an observation, no alignment reading from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Then honestly this feels bizarre too, why even mention it?

Why should I keep it to myself? I know most of you have played with merk a lot so you know his meta better than I do. I'm still developing that so I noticed something different to me and commented on it. I'm not sure why you seem to feel bothered by it though.

Mafia edit: or putting words in my mouth by saying he's being "aloof"