Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

chapelle is funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Fortaleza posted:

chapelle is funny

all i was saying.

*edit*
and fattie isn't

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Stringent posted:

people are entitled to decide how they feel yes.

you of all people should appreciate that.

hrmm actually i dont think "the birth of a nation" is a very offensive or hateful film
why are you looking at me like that its up to me to decide how i feel!!!!!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Stringent posted:

all i was saying.

that's not all you were saying, though

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

cjs: I'm in charge of daily standups for this sprint and so far on any given day the fewest people missing is 2, it's usually 3. This is a 7 person team

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

prefect posted:

that's not all you were saying, though

yeah a lot got written in afterwards, but that was literally all i was saying.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The italians are up in arms
i mean what else is new 🤌

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Stringent posted:

go gently caress yourself, because it is. i am perfectly entitled to decide how i feel about anything.

i don't agree with him about some stuff, but i think he's a really gifted comedian, and i like comedians so suck my rear end.
I mean sure, you can take that position, but in doing so you're actively choosing to be a worthless prick instead of doing it by accident.

If it doesn't affect you, if you have never been the target or the subject, then you are at a marked disadvantage in determining whether something is or is not hateful. However, this requires certain qualities that you may be lacking in.

Now I can't make you shut the gently caress up and reflect upon your outlook on life and why you generally seem to think being an rear end in a top hat is a rockin fun time, but I strongly encourage you to do so.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stringent posted:

imma take you at face value here. you should read up on how kpop and jpop idols are treated.

Holy poo poo shut the gently caress up forever

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stringent posted:

and fattie isn't
If you're trying to wind me up, congratulations. Great job.

Never said anything about him not being funny, though. Just that he's a fuckhead.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

thinking chapelle is funny does not make someone a worthless prick, what a silly thing to say and believe

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

and fattie's pretty funny sometimes, c'mon

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
katt williams' comments on cancel culture (a couple months ago) apply pretty well to dave chappelle. if dave was as talented today as he was 20 years ago we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jonny 290 posted:

wait, what?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

If you're trying to wind me up, congratulations. Great job.

Never said anything about him not being funny, though. Just that he's a fuckhead.

i don't disagree with that at all.

think it applies to me as well, minus the funny part.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

You know what's not funny? This fuckin' branching scheme goddamn

develop -> release -> master

where develop doesn't go anywhere and "release" is actually deployed to staging targets, master is what's deployed to production

and Other Team spent the last 4 months targeting whichever branch in their PRs they felt like so nothing lines up and merging in that proper listed order doesn't work

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

squash the whole project and start anew

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

thinking chapelle is funny does not make someone a worthless prick, what a silly thing to say and believe
1) If that's your takeaway of all the goddamn words I've taken the time to barf out then maybe take it far enough away that you're out of earshot 2) plenty of other people have commented on Chappelle's funniness without a similar reaction 3) this is absolutely not the first time I have called Stringent a worthless prick, aging edgelord, smug fuckface, et cetera, et cetera

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Irish-American Boyfriend has really weird annoying views on British people

quote:

So my boyfriend 31M is 'Irish-American' in that his great-grandparents on his mum's side were Irish. Honestly I 26F can claim to be 'Irish-British' by the same logic but that seems extremely tenuous and petty. He's really lovely and kind but he has the WEIRDEST anti-British views. I'm not talking 'oh the potato famine was bad' or 'NI belongs to Ireland' but full on absolute loathing of British people. He says 'my people' when he's talking about the IRA and talks endlessly about how oppressed the Irish people are by the 'British'. I pointed out to him that the Good Friday agreement was before I was born, but he is absolutely convinced that Ireland lives in terror of British invasion and British soldiers. He seems to think the IRA were a bunch of rascally freedom fighters who sung happy songs and only targeted British soldiers. He compares them to Robin Hood. It's just bizarre. I've been to Dublin, often, and Belfast, and many of my closest friends are Irish or have Irish parents but he seems to think we live in the 1970s. It's really weird. Is there anything I can get him to watch to deradicalise him because he's driving me loopy.

Where is the black and tans emoji?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jonny 290 posted:

dude i'm sorry to tell you this, but jpop and kpop idols are the most raped women in the history of humanity. you literally couldn't pick a better idol of female subjugation than these forms of music.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
mods gas

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

1) If that's your takeaway of all the goddamn words I've taken the time to barf out then maybe take it far enough away that you're out of earshot 2) plenty of other people have commented on Chappelle's funniness without a similar reaction 3) this is absolutely not the first time I have called Stringent a worthless prick, aging edgelord, smug fuckface, et cetera, et cetera

yeah, fair enough i respect your opinion a lot. but you aren't the loving arbiter to decide things for all.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

:britain:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Stringent posted:

yeah, fair enough i respect your opinion a lot. but you aren't the loving arbiter to decide things for all.

that sounds dismissive, i really do respect your opinion a lot. :(

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bump_fn posted:

mods gas

53 pages. that's all this one got

AnimeIsTrash posted:

loathing the english is a common quality shared by a solid quarter of the planet tbf

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Jonny 290 posted:

topical, i was bored the other night and tried to crank through a few eps of chappelle's show

it aged so, so, so badly

this but def comedy jam

let memories of the past stay asleep in the past, do not wake them up

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

hey guys butter sure is loud huh

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

katie got some big rear end titties

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Where is the black and tans emoji?

i dunno, that sounds like an accurate assessment of the brits

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

looking forward to jraph showing up after another 12 pages have passed and gassing the thread despite everyone having moved on

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
bidets: are people who dont use them disgusting? lets open up the floor to some conversation

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

cjs: working from home but don't wanna poop at home? go to someone else's work and poop there

the story of how i talked a mcdonalds into installing bidets

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

loathing the english is a common quality shared by a solid quarter of the planet tbf
at least

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Kazinsal posted:

looking forward to jraph showing up after another 12 pages have passed and gassing the thread despite everyone having moved on

it would be the right thing to do

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

bidets: are people who dont use them disgusting? lets open up the floor to some conversation

no! the opposite is true.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kazinsal posted:

That would fit into the pattern of checking the cat thread, posting "drinking coffee" in the coffee thread, posting in the baseball/wrestling threads on the grayforums, and coming back here.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

President Beep posted:

no! the opposite is true.

:monocle:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

That would fit into the pattern of checking the cat thread, posting "drinking coffee" in the coffee thread, posting in the baseball/wrestling threads on the greyforums, and coming back here.

[looks at camera, shrugs] eh, it's a living

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I had a noble goal for a few days of making a list of every bathroom on campus and rating how it was for pooping in, but gave up after only a couple because most of them are pretty cramped and awful. Now I just poop in my own toilet because 1) bidet and 2) lol @ ever going back to campus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

rotor posted:

not as disgusting as your posts