Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Whoa, I've got really good luck today. 30 limited pulls + 2 standard pulls: Sayu, Sac Sword, a Diona constellation, Yoimiya (eight pulls away from soft pity), and a Lisa constellation. :toot:

I think I'll keep pulling for a while in hopes of C1 or C2 Sayu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

No luck on Sayu yet but I got 20 days to get her so in the mean time I get to perfect the artifact set that'll go to her and farm talent books and poo poo. Funnily enough after I got that baller ER% VV Sands I got an EM VV Sands so I'll have to pump that up and see how it turns out, but I feel like Sayu will appreciate ER% sands if she's not running a Sacrificial or Katsuragikiri.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Also I hit 5* pity on the standard banner! Will it be a weapon? Maybe that Mona I've been hoping for?

Nope, Qiqi :negative:

It was bound to happen eventually.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Harrow posted:

Also I hit 5* pity on the standard banner! Will it be a weapon? Maybe that Mona I've been hoping for?

Nope, Qiqi :negative:

It was bound to happen eventually.
Solidarity in Standard Pity Qiqis, friend.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

At least you got Qiqi'd on the standard banner and not Kazuha's. :shepface:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it could've been Keqing

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

dogsicle posted:

it could've been Keqing
I got Keqing'd on standard banner a month or so ago. See you in 9 months for my next standard pity!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

3 Sayus, a Ningguang, and Jean, with a Diona from standard after leveling Sayu. Gonna have to pull Yoimiya the long way. I was hoping that I would get that Qiqi luck everyone else seems to have to get my nezuko squad rolling but alas, still no Qiqi for me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Finally, my supreme artifact route team:

You can actually swap out mid sayu roll. Feels good but the competition for Venerer EM pieces is out of control. I'm going Rainslasher with full EM even at C0. Bloodtained Greatsword is technically more EM but it's only by about 10.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lmao sayu's trial was so fun that I wasted 30 rolls to get her and instantly got qiqi'd off pity in the process, whoops. not even mad really, I wanted to collect all the standard 5* and now mona's the only one I have left to get. plus now I can guarantee a 5* of my choice in the future. rip baal tho, I swear I'll never roll an archon because I do this every time

is the rest of inazuma is being added in 2.1, right? still want to at least get sara and that would help restock my wishes

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yup, 2.1 will be bringing the rest of the region so there should be plenty of new goodies to go scavenge out in the world. Hopefully another world quest or two as well.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

great hopefully it'll be enough to get sara too

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

seems like there's still another island after 2.1? leaks are saying despite the additional 2 islands we don't get enough oculi to max the statue.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

RIP C2 Jean you have been replaced by sonic the hedgehog in my go fast team.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

dogsicle posted:

seems like there's still another island after 2.1? leaks are saying despite the additional 2 islands we don't get enough oculi to max the statue.

I hope it makes the complete Inazuma look less like a dick drawn on a map of Teyvat

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Judging from the trial, Sayu seems quite good but Yoimiya seemed a little weak for how well built she was (trial Yoimiya had over 200% crit damage, all talents at level 8, and her fancy weapon).

I also lucked into getting Sayu in a single 10-roll. Not sure how to build her and what weapon to use. It seems like the "heals for every swirl" thing could potentially actually be meaningful since you can trigger a bunch with her rolling, but that's the only thing that seems to really scale off of EM (which her main heal scales off of ATK, and I imagine you probably want some base level of ER to use her burst frequently).

One thing I'm not clear on; does her burst heal like Bennett's (with the HP threshold similarly removed by C1) and only heal on-field people in its area, or does it heal off-field party members as well? The latter is very nice to have in a healer and is my only real issue with Diona and Bennett.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Threw ten at the banner because I'm low enough to be safe. Got Sayu. Leveled her to 20, got C4 XL with the free fate. It's been a good banner! :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sayu probably does more damage with an EM build than a normal build if you're doing hold E a lot (and heck if you're not doing hold E why are you using her?). I'd wait to see some more damage calculations because I'm suspecting EM is close to atk even at C0. Her healing is on-field but she gains some (less) off-field healing with her A4.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I hadn't rolled since Eula so I wanted to get Sayu, build pity for Baal, and get some crystals for the monthly fates in the shop. Got Yoimiya 20 rolls in but then got two Sayus on 4th ten pull and then stopped. Rolled on the regular banner and got a Skyward Harp. This is some crazy luck.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dogsicle posted:

when people were first leaking inazuma content they were saying we'd be getting new islands for a few patches, so this sounds right

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

40 wishes to try to get Sayu: 2 Diona (C4), 2 Xinyan (C1), 1 Rainslasher.

Don't want to hit pity, so no Goron rolls for me!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Radical posted:

when people were first leaking inazuma content they were saying we'd be getting new islands for a few patches, so this sounds right

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Tsurumi_Island

this is apparently just stuff from back in the 1.6 program, which is one i did happen to skip. they revealed 6 islands in concept art so we've got the 3 + 2 (2.1), Tsurumi as the final in whatever other 2.x patch they decide.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

76 wishes on the limited banner, and my five star iiiiiis...

Keqing C1 :haw:. It's what I deserve for C1ing my boy Kazuha on his banner without even really trying.

Went from zero Dionas to C2 Diona :catte:

C0 Xinyan to C4 Xinyan :geno:

Got a constellation for everyone's favorite sweetie, Sucrose :3: so she's C2 now

Zero Sayus to C1 Sayu :sanix:

Also got a couple weapons I need to check out. Lion's Roar? idk

My poor wife who has way less wishes but wants Yoimiya super bad did not luck out yet. She got a Sayu, 3 Dionas, a Xinyan, and two more Beidou constellations though. Bei is one of her favorites, and having her at C4 is some consolation at least. If I could have sent her all my wishes, I would, because I like seeing her get stuff and be happy!

Thus concludes my experience with day one of the cruel tutelage of the Yoimiya.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Wow i got trolled so hard by this silhouette. Probably in the top five times I've been trolled by a silhouette. Or anything else ending in ette like an oubliette or a corvette

psych.jpg

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Her Sanic roll is a cute trick, but I don't really see it being all that practical in battle versus actually attacking with a DPSer. Especially since it has the wonky pathing of aimed bows and transform dashes. Still, looking forward to see how she shapes up.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she's fun and she's fast and that's all sayu needs to be

my only complaint so far is that she can't roll off cliffs

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Watching some video of someone using Yoimiya with the crafted 4* and she seems quite good there (basically a bunch of fast 8-10k hits interspersed with 30ks), so there might be something off about the trial Yoimiya that causes the discrepancy.

gandlethorpe posted:

Her Sanic roll is a cute trick, but I don't really see it being all that practical in battle versus actually attacking with a DPSer. Especially since it has the wonky pathing of aimed bows and transform dashes. Still, looking forward to see how she shapes up.

It seems like it could do a non-trivial amount of healing if you're fighting multiple enemies and have high EM. From what I can tell you could easily get to ~700-800HP per swirl. I forget if there's a cooldown on triggering that and how many swirl reactions you could reasonably cause by rolling through a group of elementally-affected enemies, but if you could get up to several thousand full-party healing from quickly rolling through enemies that'd be pretty good.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Sayu probably does more damage with an EM build than a normal build if you're doing hold E a lot (and heck if you're not doing hold E why are you using her?). I'd wait to see some more damage calculations because I'm suspecting EM is close to atk even at C0. Her healing is on-field but she gains some (less) off-field healing with her A4.

Swirl scales heavily with level so to get the most out of EM Sayu you probably want level 80 rather than just level 60 A4 like most supports.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

With a guaranteed Baal on the near horizon I didn't want to spend more than a 10-pull on this banner, but I threaded the needle and got Sayu! Looking forward to trying her out. Also, nice to just have a freaking anemo character because so far it's been just Sucrose for me.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

xedo posted:

With a guaranteed Baal on the near horizon I didn't want to spend more than a 10-pull on this banner, but I threaded the needle and got Sayu! Looking forward to trying her out. Also, nice to just have a freaking anemo character because so far it's been just Sucrose for me.

I am tempted to try the same but I am a bit shy after I won the Ayaka 50/50 and while Sayu looks great I already have Jean and Kaz and do not especially want Cuter Amber. So gonna see how I do for a 50/50 on Baal instead, though considering Ayaka was the first and only time I won the 50/50 not especially expecting anything, maybe this will the first time I get Qiqi'd

My 5 star luck has been weird.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Swirl scales heavily with level so to get the most out of EM Sayu you probably want level 80 rather than just level 60 A4 like most supports.
All the supports I use are level 81... as they should be.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Ytlaya posted:

It seems like it could do a non-trivial amount of healing if you're fighting multiple enemies and have high EM. From what I can tell you could easily get to ~700-800HP per swirl. I forget if there's a cooldown on triggering that and how many swirl reactions you could reasonably cause by rolling through a group of elementally-affected enemies, but if you could get up to several thousand full-party healing from quickly rolling through enemies that'd be pretty good.

It has a two-second cooldown.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

man what the gently caress is up with abyss pyro cube, it has like no vulnerability window and just instantly packs up the second i burst at it.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

dogsicle posted:

man what the gently caress is up with abyss pyro cube, it has like no vulnerability window and just instantly packs up the second i burst at it.

Yeah, he sucks. He does have a tell that he is about to be vulnerable the first time so should start burst animation before he is actually on the ground. Mona/barbara are a great help in preventing him getting his shield back.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah turns out the whole back half of this abyss sucks pretty hard. awful pyro cube, for some reason kairagi are the big stumpers for me on 12 but it also didn't help that the second half 12-3 ruin guys just refused to do anything resembling grouping up. for as much as kenki seems to get highlighted due to his HP total, he was a pretty fun Eula pinata.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I had no trouble with the abyss pyro cube because I brought barbara (lol). she totally destroys the shield and the stuff that restores the shield. shes only level 50 for me as well, so try that.

I finally got to the second half of the story quest in 2.0, and wow. everything involving baal was so cool. The cut scene, the fight, wow wow wow, and then the part at the end with kokomi. Mihoyo is really stepping up their game. everything in the 2.0 patch has vastly exceeded my expectations, I dunno how they'll match this with the rest of the nations. Just the contrast of liyue and mondstadt palling around and civil war on inazuma is so cool.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was running Ayaka/Mona (has C2)/Diona/Kaz, so i don't think there's much better i could do without like stealing XQ from the first-half Hu Tao team. :shrug:

not that i've been sitting farming the overworld version of this dude but in the couple fights i tried it basically just ate poo poo in Ayaka's burst which is decidedly different from the abyss one.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

xedo posted:

guaranteed baal? When was that stated?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I believe they mean they have a 100% pity lined up for that banner.

Also any Sayu havers on day 1, how does her energy generation feel at baseline? How important do you think ER will be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

guaranteed baal? When was that stated?

They mean they lost their last 50/50 on the limited banner, so their next 5* is guaranteed to be the featured one (and they're waiting for Baal).