Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is that true? I thought party affiliation was a huge indicator of vaccination status, but I only think that because of a tweet I saw.

I meant anti-vaxx stuff in general. For the covid vaccine the anti group is predominantly republican, yeah. Admittedly, I don’t know if the recent pandemic has had a knock on effect on general anti-vaxx sentiment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

ewiley posted:

I think there should be some kind of program to help highschool proto-libertarians recover and become productive members of society. This person is clearly crying for help.

It looks more like a problem with mental-health which had gotten obsessed with and taken cues from right-wing politics. They talk about buildings lighting up w/ energy taken from the atmosphere, and healing people through frequencies. That's not in any libertarian manifesto. And yeah, it would be nice if mental illnesses could be cared for.

Kit Walker posted:

I meant anti-vaxx stuff in general. For the covid vaccine the anti group is predominantly republican, yeah. Admittedly, I don’t know if the recent pandemic has had a knock on effect on general anti-vaxx sentiment

Oh yeah. I've not seen any tweets about that so you may be right.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Pre-covid vaccine, I would absolutely believe that anti-vax stuff was more or less evenly split among political parties. Plenty of blue-voting white liberal moms out there who holler about vaccines causing autism. Last time I checked though, none of the covid vaccines are approved for use on small children, so they don't have anything to screech about in this case. And even if they did, I'm sure most of them want things to go back to normal so their kids can go to school and not be in the house 24/7 and mom can go out for brunch mimosas.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

By popular demand posted:

Haha my country is among the quickest to vaccinate and they only do a third shot for 60+ year olds at this time.
Tedd is full of poo poo.

People (in the USA, at least) are lying in order to get third vaccines.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Which would make Tedd just as full of poo poo but worse!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Someone post it

You know what I'm talking about

Father, I cannot click the book.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Context: A norwegian imam made some pretty hosed up statement about jews, amongst other things he said that Hitler left some jews alive so that it would be apparent how evil they are.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“I’ve never seen a single issue divide Americans so!”

We just had fistfights over a protest against a fake anti-trans plot. We had nationwide riots over racial inequality a year ago (and still happening in places). The election was so divided one side refused to accept defeat and raided the capitol to overturn the results.

Rall, where the absolute hell have you been for the past 18 months?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

We just had fistfights over a protest against a fake anti-trans plot. We had nationwide riots over racial inequality a year ago (and still happening in places). The election was so divided one side refused to accept defeat and raided the capitol to overturn the results.

Up his own rear end

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean, it’s kind of all the same issue.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

kirschen: somehow still making cartoons

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

He's been here he's just an idiot

By popular demand posted:

Haha my country is among the quickest to vaccinate and they only do a third shot for 60+ year olds at this time.
Tedd is full of poo poo.
Idk where you live, but here if I wanted a third shot I could just lie, they don't check a central database or anything, it's the honor system

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So not even pretending that parody Dry Bones is untrue at this point, huh?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

When I first saw this cartoon I thought those two rats were loving.

quote:

This dude is saying the quiet part loud, just admitting that Hezbollah missiles aren't any threat to Israel but that Israel will attempt to wipe them out anyway.

e: Eh, possible I'm misreading this dude's intent, I don't actually know the guy to be honest, but if Kirschen likes him then he's probably not great.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Twelve by Pies posted:

... They're not?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Twelve by Pies posted:

At least they admit they worship Trump as a deity? That makes them more honest than the right wingers who do the same but pretend they worship Jesus.

It's the endpoint that they have been steadily moving towards these last 5-6years, but it's still jarring to read. Evil is what Trump says is evil, good is what Trump says is good. I bow in worship to Trump. I want true capitalism which is communism. There are no taxes, only private property, but everything I desire is supplied to me for free. Wet is dry, up is down.

In case you were wondering what Mike Pillow's bedroom eyes look like.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 11, 2021

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah it’s clearly anti-semitism that *checks notes* the son of a Jewish refugee from Nazi Germany would criticize Israel. What would someone like that know about human rights violations?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah it’s clearly anti-semitism that *checks notes* the son of a Jewish refugee from Nazi Germany would criticize Israel. What would someone like that know about human rights violations?

So you're saying that... his father was a Nazi German??? :godwin:

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Kit Walker posted:

Anti-vaxx sentiment seems fairly split between the parties. lol @ rall having the trump-voting evangelical christian embracing the lefty trans black woman, though

Yeah, what the gently caress kind of reality does Rall live in? A leftist trans black woman is, like, The Ultimate Enemy in modern Trump-Evangelical rhetoric. It's not like conservative Christians are widely known for just putting stuff like that aside; the "friendliest" you're going to get out of them is "I love you... enough to inform you that you are actually [gender assigned at birth], you are The New Nazis, and unless you change literally everything about yourself to be more like me, you are an existential threat."

Just loving bizarre to see.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

This dude is saying the quiet part loud, just admitting that Hezbollah missiles aren't any threat to Israel but that Israel will attempt to wipe them out anyway.

e: Eh, possible I'm misreading this dude's intent, I don't actually know the guy to be honest, but if Kirschen likes him then he's probably not great.
I don't know enough about Syria politics to say how he is internally but the current Maronite Patriarch has generally been supportive of Hezbollah's right to bear arms to defend itself. He is however against anything that could lead to a break down in Lebanese society that would make Lebanese Christians vulnerable to organized violence. So just someone who would be Israel's collateral damage in any potential war trying to keep safe.

In fact on the Hezbollah issue I think there is an old Dry Bones calling this very Patriarch a successor to hitler back in 2011.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

"Gardening Hoe"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

"Gardening Hoe"

Guest writer: Tom Batiuk

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

I like how he made a comic that is just every scare word that Kirschen could think of.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on A-level results for young people facing a future on fire – Students celebrate record-breaking A-level grades the day after the IPCC warned of irreversible climate change – and as wildfires continue to burn across Europe"

Telegraph:

Gavin Williamson should be sacked over exam failures, says Keir Starmer

Independent:

Nicola Sturgeon confronted by climate campaigners over failure to oppose Cambo oilfield

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... this year's A-level results

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

"Gardening Hoe"

Mmm, zucchini.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

YOUR BODY WAS DESIGNED TO BE HEALTHY AND FIGHT OFF DISEASE

If the “vaccine” works as the government claims it does, wouldn’t people be lining up to receive their dose instead of refusing it?

The CDC and “Dr. Fraudci” have been caught multiple times lying about the virus. Everyday the guidance from the CDC changes. Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask, wear two masks. If you get the vaccine you don’t have to wear a mask and will be able to go back to normal. If you are vaccinated you STILL have to wear a mask AND you STILL have to lockdown.

They are constantly moving the goal posts. How many times do you have to be lied to before you “get it” ?

And now the government is demonizing those people who are hesitant to get an experimental vaccine for a virus that has a 99.97% survival rate, they are smeared as “anti-vaxers” and “anti-science.”

The governments around the world used the “carrot” to persuade people to get the jab. They offered free donuts, free pizza, and cash rewards but the people knew something fishy was going on and refused.

Now it’s time for the “stick.”

People are being told they must get vaccinated or else. No travel, no shopping, no sporting events, you will comply or be punished.

In fact, Italy and France have gone full Nazi and vaccine stormtroopers are patrolling restaurants asking fo “your papers, please.” Hundreds of thousands of people have protested and taken to the streets in France but to no avail, it’s time for something else. Maybe another French revolution?

We know vaccines have benefited mankind and helped us fight infectious diseases that killed many people in the past. No one is saying all vaccines are bad. Polio was wiped out because of vaccinations. In the early 1980s children received three shots for seven diseases. In 2019, children receive 54 vaccines for 16 different diseases.

More shots equal more money. They are talking about a “third booster shot” now.

Why do you think they dismiss “herd immunity?” Your body was designed to be healthy and fight disease.

Why did they suppress COVID treatments like hydroxychloroquine, and ivermectin ?

Why did Pfizer make countries agree to hide any vaccine side effects for 10 years?

Because you can’t make money on a treatment that only costs a dollar a day. (HCQ)

If they REALLY cared about you and your health (they don’t), they would tell you that doses of vitamin D and vitamin B1 will help fight off disease.

Did you ever consider how covid popped up in an election year? Coincidence? We think not. How convenient the virus shows up and we get millions mail in ballots for the 2020 election. We know how that worked out.

Somewhere China and Joe Biden are laughing.

It’s time to take a stand. If you can not control the health of your own body, then you are no longer free. You have become a domestic animal on the government plantation.

RESIST! CHOOSE FREEDOM

-GRRRTeam

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

They didn't. A... a lot of people died, Tina.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce says it’s not the government’s job to come up with a plan to reach net zero (news.com.au).

Rowe:

There are fears that the NSW government has given up on trying to fully suppress the virus and is holding on until vaccination levels are high enough.

Warren Brown:

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller returns as NSW State Emergency Operations controller, NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian and health minister Brad Hazzard are under the rug. Top cop takes control of worsening outbreak as inner Sydney warned of more restrictions (Sydney Morning Herald).

Knight:

Victorian premier Dan Andrews.

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Mostly because plagues didn't really exist as we know them because the major historical plagues only evolved and spread through manmade conditions that would've been impossible in a pre-agrarian society.
But tons of them still died off to random diseases, just like wild animals still frequently do today. Literally look outside, ever.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Smallpox killed almost the entire population of North and South America within a century of its introduction by European explorers.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also herd immunity just means enough people are immunized that people who aren’t immaune effectively are immune since there aren’t many ways for transmission. It doesn’t matter if your immunity is from a vaccine or exposure.

What does matter is that vaccinating people with a vaccine that has a 0.0019% mortality (best I could find, probably lower ) is a better way to achieve it than an order of magnitude more deadly if we got by Garrison’s 0.03% mortality.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It's almost like it's easier to spread disease when we weren't all isolated packs of hunter gatherers. Also let's go back to when lifespans were generally under 30.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Here's a political cartoon from 1493 by Michael Wolgemut on the subject:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ever since Trump lost Garrison's cartoons have been really loving lazy. There was at least some logic and thought put into them. Now it takes two loving seconds to dismantle them.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I know Kirschen's an uberchud, but I can't imagine that most of these are remotely issues in Israel (or 'issues' at all, like "safe spaces" or "affirmative action"). Or maybe they are because Netanyahu?

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

"Gardening Hoe"

I love the Kellies where he's just steamin' mad about some random, totally insignificant thing.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Zero_Grade posted:

I love the Kellies where he's just steamin' mad about some random, totally insignificant thing.

I mean, I like zucchini well enough but even one plant produces a crazy amount of squash. Maybe not #1 threat to America but it's up there.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Despera posted:

It's almost like it's easier to spread disease when we weren't all isolated packs of hunter gatherers. Also let's go back to when lifespans were generally under 30.

I try not to use that argument since infant mortality was the biggest reason for low life expectancy in the past. Over the last two millennia, post-5yo life expectancy was more around 63.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Heliotrope posted:

I know Ted Rall is doing his best to make the people who went "Wow some good cartoons" a while back regret their words, but this is possibly one of his stupidest yet.

This is why I always say that Rall never draw a good cartoon, but sometimes he draws an accurate cartoon.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Also he has never drawn a good cartoon because his art is abysmal, regardless of its intended message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jagged Jim posted:

I like how he made a comic that is just every scare word that Kirschen could think of.

I think it's a guest comic for Sinfest